Can a devout Muslim be an American patriot and a loyal citizen?

That's actually a very typical tactic of the left.

You object strongly to any negative connotation that is at all associated with homosexuals, but your first reaction is to attack Christians.

I'll never understand that. I'm an athiest so I don't have any respect for any religion, but I really don't understand why so many liberals hate Christians as much as they do.

They're not nearly as bad as Muslims but yet liberals go out of their way to defend Muslims when they would never think to ever defend a Christian.

Very good post all around, but I wanted to emphasize these three sentences in particular. These attitudes you mention come up on this board all of the time.

That's actually a very typical tactic of the left.

You object strongly to any negative connotation that is at all associated with homosexuals, but your first reaction is to attack Christians.

Bullshit! I didn't attack anyone. I was pointing out that your painting of homosexuals with the pedophile brush was as inappropriate as painting pedophiles who wear a collar with a Catholic one. Instead of going into a divert and avoid mode, how about explaining how my argument fails?

Bullshit! I didn't attack anyone. I was pointing out that your painting of homosexuals with the pedophile brush was as inappropriate as painting pedophiles who wear a collar with a Catholic one. Instead of going into a divert and avoid mode, how about explaining how my argument fails?

Because a man who molests a boy is a homosexual pedophile.

Tough shit if you don't like it.

Homosexuals and their supporters object to any derogatory terms being associated with homosexuals no matter how true it is.

And I did explain how your "argument", such as it was, fails. Ask any homosexual how old they were when they had their first sexual encounter and the vast majority of them will tell you it happened at a very young age. And they see nothing wrong with it at all.

On one thread I read a very in-your-face-lesbian (her user name was tenpercent. Clever, huh?) say that she had her first "affair" when she was 10 and the other girl was a couple of years older. "Affair". That's the term SHE used to describe her first sexual experience. She also described how this "affair" lasted until the other girl was 14 and decided she liked boys.

That's just one example. And that example was of two kids. I've read many more where the other person was an adult.

The only definition of a pedophile gays and their supporters will allow is where the adult is wearing a collar.

Because a man who molests a boy is a homosexual pedophile.
And a priest who molests a boy is a Catholic. I don't make an association between Catholics and pedophilia because it's as inappropriate as you trying to associate homosexuality and pedophilia.

And a priest who molests a boy is a Catholic. I don't make an association between Catholics and pedophilia because it's as inappropriate as you trying to associate homosexuality and pedophilia.

As a practicing Catholic, I'll say that a priest that abuses a boy is a homosexual pedophile. Any pedophile that abuses a boy child is a homosexual predator. Just like any adult male that attacks a girl is a heterosexual pedophile. Can we get on with it now?

It's not inappropriate. You have ignored every word I've written here about things I have read by gays themselves.

You obviously do not believe me so try it yourself. Go to any message board that has even a small gay membership and ask the question.

I'm not making this crap up.

As a practicing Catholic, I'll say that a priest that abuses a boy is a homosexual pedophile. Any pedophile that abuses a boy child is a homosexual predator. Just like any adult male that attacks a girl is a heterosexual pedophile. Can we get on with it now?

This whole notion that homosexuals are to be reviled because of the existence of homosexual pedophiles is what I'm arguing against. The classification of homosexual pedophile has nothing to do with identifying the gender of the victim and everything to do with prejudice against homosexuals.

This whole notion that homosexuals are to be reviled because of the existence of homosexual pedophiles is what I'm arguing against. The classification of homosexual pedophile has nothing to do with identifying the gender of the victim and everything to do with prejudice against homosexuals.

Let's just make it a given: There are homosexual pedophiles and heterosexual pedophiles.

An observation: The heterosexual pedophiles tend to murder their victims more often. The homosexual pedophiles are more often guilty of serial murders, make of that what you will.

It's not inappropriate. You have ignored every word I've written here about things I have read by gays themselves.

You obviously do not believe me so try it yourself. Go to any message board that has even a small gay membership and ask the question.

I'm not making this crap up.

While it's obviously wrong, two children engaging in sex does not create this link between homosexuality and pedophilia that you keep trying to establish.

While it's obviously wrong, two children engaging in sex does not create this link between homosexuality and pedophilia that you keep trying to establish.

What link am I trying to establish?

Your own prejudice is what is preventing you from stating a simple truth. By claiming that any mention of "homosexual" and "pedophile" together is some kind of evil attempt to link homosexuality and pedophilia, you are exposing your own prejudice towards homosexuality being something that can never be criticised.

That's what you are doing. And you are not alone. This is a very common trait of all liberals. They see evil intent everywhere, except where they themselves dwell.

You used the term "Catholic pedophile" as if it was wrong. It wasn't wrong. If a Catholic commits pedophilia, they're a Catholic pedophile. And there's nothing wrong with calling them that.

The problem you have is that you go way beyond the meaning of words to the defense of what you see as an attack against something you think needs defending. So you won't let others use words that you find mean something that might attack your own opinions.

It's a very, very, common tactic. And most liberals are so sure that they are not only right, and therefore better people, but that anyone who disagrees with them is borderline evil and always means something more than what they actually say.

What link am I trying to establish?

Your own prejudice is what is preventing you from stating a simple truth. By claiming that any mention of "homosexual" and "pedophile" together is some kind of evil attempt to link homosexuality and pedophilia, you are exposing your own prejudice towards homosexuality being something that can never be criticised.

That's what you are doing. And you are not alone. This is a very common trait of all liberals. They see evil intent everywhere, except where they themselves dwell.

You used the term "Catholic pedophile" as if it was wrong. It wasn't wrong. If a Catholic commits pedophilia, they're a Catholic pedophile. And there's nothing wrong with calling them that.

The problem you have is that you go way beyond the meaning of words to the defense of what you see as an attack against something you think needs defending. So you won't let others use words that you find mean something that might attack your own opinions.

It's a very, very, common tactic. And most liberals are so sure that they are not only right, and therefore better people, but that anyone who disagrees with them is borderline evil and always means something more than what they actually say.
Granted, the bold. Question is, is it a Catholic homosexual pedophile or Catholic heterosexual pedophile? In any case, all religions can give us examples of both.

Granted, the bold. Question is, is it a Catholic homosexual pedophile or Catholic heterosexual pedophile? In any case, all religions can give us examples of both.

And the point is who gives a shit if the pedophile is Catholic or Baptist, blonde or brunette, tall or short, a homosexual pedophile or heterosexual pedophile? The only pertinent fact is they are preying on kids and need to be stopped.

Are you kidding or amnestic?

I don't get your point.

The vast majority of priest molestations were against boys.

That makes them homosexual.

Oh, I get it. Now you're going to say being homosexual has nothing to do with sex, right?

I don't think there is any such thing as a Catholic homosexual.

:cool: That was a joke.

And the point is who gives a shit if the pedophile is Catholic or Baptist, blonde or brunette, tall or short, a homosexual pedophile or heterosexual pedophile? The only pertinent fact is they are preying on kids and need to be stopped.

Since homosexuals are more apt to be pedophiles, don't you think it does matter?

Again, unless you read what gays themselves write, you cannot argue that there are not many gays out there who see nothing wrong with sex with children.

While I'm surprised, it seems you do. There are differences in molestors and the harm they do.

Forum List

Back