What does Ethics mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nt250

Jun 2, 2006
From Dictionary.com:

Ethics

1. (used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.
2. the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.
3. moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
4. (usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

I woke up about 3 o'clock this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to go online for a while. I checked out the news site I always read first whenever I go online and I read about Steve Irwin's death.

I visit 3 or 4 different message boards. After I finished reading the news of such a tragic death, at such a young age, of a man who is admired by kids all over the world, I went to the boards.

I knew, before I even got there, what would be posted and who would post it.

At one board, one of the biggest Bush bashers posted "Steve Irwin dead. It's about time!".

Since the news was several hours old, there were quite a few threads about it, so the inevitable had to happen. "OK, OK, We KNOW! Steve Irwin is dead. Who cares?!!"

It's pretty much the same everywhere. Yeah, it's a shame he died, but he was asking for it. Some people are glad he's dead.

What makes people be so unkind?

Does it have anything to do with ethics?

From Dictionary.com:

I woke up about 3 o'clock this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to go online for a while. I checked out the news site I always read first whenever I go online and I read about Steve Irwin's death.

I visit 3 or 4 different message boards. After I finished reading the news of such a tragic death, at such a young age, of a man who is admired by kids all over the world, I went to the boards.

I knew, before I even got there, what would be posted and who would post it.

At one board, one of the biggest Bush bashers posted "Steve Irwin dead. It's about time!".

Since the news was several hours old, there were quite a few threads about it, so the inevitable had to happen. "OK, OK, We KNOW! Steve Irwin is dead. Who cares?!!"

It's pretty much the same everywhere. Yeah, it's a shame he died, but he was asking for it. Some people are glad he's dead.

What makes people be so unkind?

Does it have anything to do with ethics?

I'll take a quick stab at it. IMHO ethics are a group of standards either personal or communal that people use to determine good from bad--positive from negative. They are general rules to use to determine integrity of character. If you work somewhere you agree to set aside some personal ethics and take on the ethics that the company is paying for you to act on.
What makes people behave in a cruel fashion? Ignorance and ego.

I'll take a quick stab at it. IMHO ethics are a group of standards either personal or communal that people use to determine good from bad--positive from negative. They are general rules to use to determine integrity of character. If you work somewhere you agree to set aside some personal ethics and take on the ethics that the company is paying for you to act on.
What makes people behave in a cruel fashion? Ignorance and ego.

Why is it that the people who are the most cruel are almost always the most judgmental of others?

They don't even think they are. That's what gets me more than anything else. They are so quick to judge others. But they never seem to notice how cruel and mean they themselves are.

By far the meanest and nastiest are liberals. They have such high standards for everyone but themselves. Anyone who disagrees with their views, or their politics, are fair game.

Mean, nasty people.

Would it be ethical to create a post stating that you were dieing of lung cancer with very little hope of a cure and all you could hope for was enough time to make arrangements for your teenage daughter?

What kind of person do you suppose would do something like that?
The same person who then disappeared from the board for a while only to reappear and accuse all those who sympathised and offered support of being stupid assholes for believing her in the first place.Who would do that nt250?Is that the behaviour of a nice person or a mean nasty person?

Would it be ethical to create a post stating that you were dieing of lung cancer with very little hope of a cure and all you could hope for was enough time to make arrangements for your teenage daughter?

The same person who then disappeared from the board for a while only to reappear and accuse all those who sympathised and offered support of being stupid assholes for believing her in the first place.Who would do that nt250?Is that the behaviour of a nice person or a mean nasty person?

Hey, Roomy.

You really wanna bring this here? I don't think that's a good idea.

Hey, Roomy.

I have lung cancer
« on: August 25th, 2006, 3:21pm » | Reply with quote | Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess after 25 years of smoking four packs a day it was about time I got the diagonosis.

I've sort of known for a while. But I was in denial. If I didn't go to the doctor it wouldn't be real.

Well, now it's real.

I don't have many options. It's stage four. Both lungs.

They want me to go for a brain scan but I don't see the point. I know it's spread. That's why I couldn't ignore it anymore.

Dana Reeve lasted about 6 months. I'd be happy with that. It'll give me some time to make arangements.

Hey, Roomy.

Oh why not? Why shouldn't every board you post on know what a low life hypocritical, callous little troll you are.

Douchebag

:eek2: She really did that?

Not only did she do that, she tried to pull some moral high ground in the process, calling those who gave her sympathy, well...read it for yourself.

http://xsorbit6.com/users/nytramspl...eneral&action=display&num=1157320781&start=11

Here's as good a place to start as any. If that's not enough, just click on her name and there is an option at the bottom to view her post history.

She will eventually pull the same shenanigans here, just like she does at every board she goes to. She's nothing but a troll, intent on causing discord, and blinded with rage at any site of compassion.

She certainly did, her original post above.Garnered loads of genuine sympathy then came back and called everyone a fucking asshole for believing her in the first place.This is just a heads up for you guys, I know she is flavour of the month, but beware.

I have lung cancer
« on: August 25th, 2006, 3:21pm » | Reply with quote | Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess after 25 years of smoking four packs a day it was about time I got the diagonosis.

I've sort of known for a while. But I was in denial. If I didn't go to the doctor it wouldn't be real.

Well, now it's real.

I don't have many options. It's stage four. Both lungs.

They want me to go for a brain scan but I don't see the point. I know it's spread. That's why I couldn't ignore it anymore.

Dana Reeve lasted about 6 months. I'd be happy with that. It'll give me some time to make arangements.

http://xsorbit6.com/users/nytramsplace/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1156555316

Here's the link to her little message board project.

I hope enough members of this board read it to realize what kind of douchebag they are dealing with.

She certainly did, her original post above.Garnered loads of genuine sympathy then came back and called everyone a fucking asshole for believing her in the first place.This is just a heads up for you guys, I know she is flavour of the month, but beware.

No she really isn't. Her first rant was about education and how everyone was picking on her kid. And how she would NEVER allow her kid to do school work over summer break. Seemed wacko then too. To me anyway.

Not only did she do that, she tried to pull some moral high ground in the process, calling those who gave her sympathy, well...read it for yourself.

http://xsorbit6.com/users/nytramspl...eneral&action=display&num=1157320781&start=11

Here's as good a place to start as any. If that's not enough, just click on her name and there is an option at the bottom to view her post history.

She will eventually pull the same shenanigans here, just like she does at every board she goes to. She's nothing but a troll, intent on causing discord, and blinded with rage at any site of compassion.

It's funny that she bitches about being called a homophobe when she claims to be gay at another board. :laugh:

What a demented fuck.

Oh. Oh. Look at me make assumptions about something you said strickly for 'arguments sake'.

I asked a simple question. When did I ever post that I was gay?

Since I'm not gay, and am adamantly opposed to gay rights, I'd really like to know when I ever posted that I was gay.

Gee, I think Roomy is probalbly doing this as an experiment in how very few people actually have any ethics? Ya think?

Nah, me neither.

I asked a simple question. When did I ever post that I was gay?

Since I'm not gay, and am adamantly opposed to gay rights, I'd really like to know when I ever posted that I was gay.

Gee, I think Roomy is probalbly doing this as an experiment in how very few people actually have any ethics? Ya think?

Nah, me neither.

Here: http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=9332

Your welcome. Now lets here how it was just to make a point. I'll believe you, really I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back