Can a cop arrest anyone?

I'm curious what you think. What is considered an unlawful arrest? I think the black people fighting with the cops and resisting arrest were wrong. Even if the cop is wrong if it is found he wasn't illegally and unlawfully fucking with you it isnt an unlawful arrest. If it is found the cop sincerely believed you were guilty and needed to be arrested it isnt unlawful.

Let's say youre a black during the 1950s in Alabama. Kkk cops come in and fuck with you. Yes they are being unlawful. A cop who decides you are drunk and or disorderly can arrest you. Lawfully.

Fighting with a cop is a good way to get yourself killed.

My opinion is know your rights, exercise them, say nothing without a lawyer present.

I say a cop can arrest anyone they want and its up to a judge to decide after the fact if it is lawful or not.

Can anyone resist arrest? Even if its Unlawful, that isnt for you to decide, is it?

Not without probable cause of a crime. The problem is, most people don't understand their rights, and how to effectively, courteously, and legally, enforce them.
The cop that arrested me thought he was right to arrest me. He was wrong. But I didn't have the right to refuse being arrested. I had to tell it to a judge or jury.

When I went to the pre trial they tried to give me 6 months probation and settle out of court. I said fuck you I want a jury trial. Then they offered 3 then 1 month. I said fuck you give me a jury trial. Eventually it got thrown out. I was innocent but the arrest wasn't unlawful. He was wrong to arrest me but that's for a jury or judge to decide.

I don't know the situation but no, if the case was thrown out then the cop had no cause to arrest you. I would suggest that you file a Title 18 case against him for "violating your civil liberties under color of authority."

I say a cop can arrest anyone they want and its up to a judge to decide after the fact if it is lawful or not.

Can anyone resist arrest? Even if its Unlawful, that isnt for you to decide, is it?

Not without probable cause of a crime. The problem is, most people don't understand their rights, and how to effectively, courteously, and legally, enforce them.
The cop that arrested me thought he was right to arrest me. He was wrong. But I didn't have the right to refuse being arrested. I had to tell it to a judge or jury.

When I went to the pre trial they tried to give me 6 months probation and settle out of court. I said fuck you I want a jury trial. Then they offered 3 then 1 month. I said fuck you give me a jury trial. Eventually it got thrown out. I was innocent but the arrest wasn't unlawful. He was wrong to arrest me but that's for a jury or judge to decide.

I don't know the situation but no, if the case was thrown out then the cop had no cause to arrest you. I would suggest that you file a Title 18 case against him for "violating your civil liberties under color of authority."
I should have. But keep in mind when the case is " thrown out" or dropped or whatever it is they did, they could decide later to perdue the charges. It got tossed out because the witness didn't show. But I was confident I was just defending myself. But that would have been up to a jury and I didn't want that. He said she said crap and all.

It was a judgement call. He was wrong but I doubt a case against him would have gone anywhere.

You know who would have loved that? My lawyer.

I'm curious what you think. What is considered an unlawful arrest? I think the black people fighting with the cops and resisting arrest were wrong. Even if the cop is wrong if it is found he wasn't illegally and unlawfully fucking with you it isnt an unlawful arrest. If it is found the cop sincerely believed you were guilty and needed to be arrested it isnt unlawful.

Let's say youre a black during the 1950s in Alabama. Kkk cops come in and fuck with you. Yes they are being unlawful. A cop who decides you are drunk and or disorderly can arrest you. Lawfully.

My opinion is know your rights, exercise them, say nothing without a lawyer present.
But put your hands behind your back or get on the ground if told, right?

They said it on NPR. Even if you are innocent if you resist you are now guilty of a crime.

Have to admit I'm shocked there is any truth to this but I think we will find a cop can be wrong for arresting you but that doesnt make it an unlawful arrest.

If you are detained by the police, you first ask "what am I being detained for?" If the cop fails to answer, leave. If the cop answers, ask "am I under arrest?" If the cop says "no," leave.

If you are under arrest, say NOTHING until an attorney arrives. Cops have a bit less integrity than used car salesmen. Their only goal is to put you in jail. They don't care about fact or truth, they sure the fuck don't care about justice. Give them nothing, they are not your friends and anything they tell you is assumed to be a lie.
So you are saying resisting arrest can be legal.

It's legal to resist arrests in most cases unless you are black.

Proving again that Rati has the same intelligence as the average brick.

You are SERIOUSLY dumb...

So cops can make up false charges if you're black?

They said it on NPR. Even if you are innocent if you resist you are now guilty of a crime.
Bullshit.

Anyone who advises you that a copy cannot arrest you illegally is giving bad advice. Of course a cop can arrest you. Don't resist, comply, then get a good lawyer.

It's legal to resist arrests in most cases unless you are black.

Proving again that Rati has the same intelligence as the average brick.

You are SERIOUSLY dumb...

So cops can make up false charges if you're black?

Who is the ultimate person to decide if the cop is making up charges?

A. Your black ass
B. Your friends black asses
C. The cop
D. Your lawyer
E. The judge or jury

The cop could be purple and the citizen could be blue. Does that matter? I'm just noticing purple people dont know they must obey an officer just like they do a judge.

Im sure a lot of people in prison feel falsely imprisoned and wrongfully arrested. Who decides?

Anyone who advises you that a copy cannot arrest you illegally is giving bad advice. Of course a cop can arrest you. Don't resist, comply, then get a good lawyer.
A cop can come up with a few laws being broke if you are obstructing an officer or disturbing the peace. And even if you are innocent you will also have to explain the charge of resisting arrest. And why dont you tell someone specific who says no ya pussy?

Bullshit.
Jakestarkey says you are wrong.

Explain the scenario in which you think you can resist arrest. Maybe we aren't understanding you. Cop walks up and thinks you are someone you are not. They say on the ground hands behind your back. Guns drawn. You are going to do what? Spell this out for me.

Or a little female cop says hands behind your back. She wants to cuff you while she asks you some questions.

Or actually, she just decides you are going downtown for disturbing the peace. Are you going to say no? Youre going to challenge the law? You will get arrested and unless you have a case to sue them back and your case is strong they're going to charge you for resisting arrest.

I read that constitutional crap on unlawful arrests. You guys are misinterpreting that and this is why you dont have good experiences with the police.

Bullshit.

Explain the scenario in which you think you can resist arrest. Maybe we aren't understanding you. Cop walks up and thinks you are someone you are not. They say on the ground hands behind your back. Guns drawn. You are going to do what? Spell this out for me.

Or a little female cop says hands behind your back. She wants to cuff you while she asks you some questions.

Or actually, she just decides you are going downtown for disturbing the peace. Are you going to say no? Youre going to challenge the law? You will get arrested and unless you have a case to sue them back and your case is strong they're going to charge you for resisting arrest.

I read that constitutional crap on unlawful arrests. You guys are misinterpreting that and this is why you dont have good experiences with the police.
Not sure what you are going on about, but yes, you can legally resist arrest.

I think a lot of people who challenge the law get away with stuff we in the burbs would never get away with. Yelling at a cop. I think they dont charge people with nothing because its not worth it. When they charged me I didn't go with an appointed lawyer and lose. I played a good lawyer so I wouldnt have to pay the judge and be on probation. Its a racket.

The "resisters" are talking nonsense, or they resisted and have knots on their heads.

Bullshit.

Then what do the cops do after you do that? Serve you a ticket to go to court?

Bullshit.

I looked into it. Basically you can file charges for false imprisonment after the charges have been dropped but you are not immune from being arrested. That's what that fat black guy in new York found out the hard way. He resisted arrest.

Bullshit.

OK, I just talked to my cop friend. If you are arguing in public with an officer they can arrest you for disorderly conduct.

If you dont put your hands behind your back that's called verbal non compliance.. You can be charged with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.

You are better off telling it to the judge. And if you do it right you could make some money. That's why cops have false arrest insurance.

But you will not help your case resisting arrest. You could be innocent of the charges and still be charged with everything I mentioned.

So your cop friend believes that resisting a false arrest is itself a crime. How is that possible?
Because the right thing to do is tell it to the judge. You dont get to decide. We know you think its false imprisonment.

Cops have arrest power. Get it?

What if a judge sentences you to prison? Is that false imprisonment? To you it is.

So your cop friend believes that resisting a false arrest is itself a crime. How is that possible?
Because the right thing to do is tell it to the judge. You dont get to decide. We know you think its false imprisonment.

Cops have arrest power. Get it?

What if a judge sentences you to prison? Is that false imprisonment? To you it is.
A false arrest should be considered false imprisonment and cops should be held responsible, especially if they make a habit of it.

Forum List

Back