A Call to Conservatives

Hospers has, in his article, collapsed the rationale for libertarianism.

The sheer stupidity and ignorance of this paragraph is highly amusing.

Coercive or Voluntary This is certainly the best case for welfare; but the question remains whether it should be government welfare (compulsorily paid by all wage earners) or privately financed welfare (voluntarily contributed by those who are able). Though the matter would require a lengthy discussion that is not possible here, I suggest that the persons who answer to this description are a comparatively small minority of the population, and that, once the enormous ball-and-chain of high taxation (including social security payments) was removed from every wage earner, and would-be entrepreneurs could start small businesses and take on employees without the present high probability that their enterprises will be bankrupted by taxes and regulation, there would be such a resurgence of prosperity that government welfare would be quite unnecessary: private funding would be quite adequate to the task, as it was during the first century of American history when the standards of living were much lower than they are now

Only gullible libertarians would swallow such unsubstantiated gobblydegook.

No corporation is "bankrupted by taxes and regulation" unless the business owner flagrantly violates both tax laws and regulations.

Coercive or Voluntary This is certainly the best case for welfare; but the question remains whether it should be government welfare (compulsorily paid by all wage earners) or privately financed welfare (voluntarily contributed by those who are able). Though the matter would require a lengthy discussion that is not possible here, I suggest that the persons who answer to this description are a comparatively small minority of the population, and that, once the enormous ball-and-chain of high taxation (including social security payments) was removed from every wage earner, and would-be entrepreneurs could start small businesses and take on employees without the present high probability that their enterprises will be bankrupted by taxes and regulation, there would be such a resurgence of prosperity that government welfare would be quite unnecessary: private funding would be quite adequate to the task, as it was during the first century of American history when the standards of living were much lower than they are now

No corporation is "bankrupted by taxes and regulation" unless the business owner flagrantly violates both tax laws and regulations.

A 4% profit margin, and a 6% increase in taxes results in bankruptcy. A call for millions of dollars of regulation on a company making $900K/year results in bankruptcy.

Are you seriously pretending that this doesn't happen?

A 4% profit margin, and a 6% increase in taxes results in bankruptcy. A call for millions of dollars of regulation on a company making $900K/year results in bankruptcy.

Your ignorance is so far reaching. Were you home schooled by any chance?

You can't subtract percentages!

If your annual business income is $1,000,000 and the profit margin is 4% then that is $40,000 of profit that will be taxed at 6%.

6% taxes on profits of $40k is $2,400 leaving $37,600 in profits after tax.

Obviously you don't have a clue what you are babbling about.

But thanks for destroying your own credibility.

If your annual business income is $1,000,000 and the profit margin is 4% then that is $40,000 of profit that will be taxed at 6%.

Believe it or not, I actually anticipated such an inane and ignorant response - did I say anything about corporate taxes? Funny how you don't mention raises in property tax, withholding tax, etc.

Oh, I know ... you MEANT to say corporate taxes, right?

Yeah - I shoulda figured.

Credibility? LOL - mine's bigger than yours!

Believe it or not, I actually anticipated such an inane and ignorant response - did I say anything about corporate taxes? Funny how you don't mention raises in property tax, withholding tax, etc.

Semantics! :eek:

The last refuge of the desperate loser who cannot defend his feckless OP or his own stupidity.

:rofl:

Semantics! :eek:

The last refuge of the desperate loser who cannot defend his feckless OP or his own stupidity.

:rofl:

Deflection and personal attacks ... the last refuge of the terminally stupid.

Deflection and personal attacks ... the last refuge of the terminally stupid.

Ironic!

rofl_logo.jpg

Great bumper sticker, but it's just not true. A 6% increase for companies like Boeing or GE who went several years without paying any federal income taxes probably wouldn't outweigh their billions in profit.

Great bumper sticker, but it's just not true. A 6% increase for companies like Boeing or GE who went several years without paying any federal income taxes probably wouldn't outweigh their billions in profit.

A specific scenario was painted .... your comment has no relevancy, other than to apparently relieve your gastric distress.

A specific scenario was painted .... your comment has no relevancy, other than to apparently relieve your gastric distress.

"Deflection and personal attacks ... the last refuge of the terminally stupid."

rofl_logo.jpg

rofl_logo.jpg

Don't get ahead of yourself Te.....We are sure he is stupid, but we don't know if it is terminal yet. It's not looking good for him though.

rofl_logo.jpg

Don't get ahead of yourself Te.....We are sure he is stupid, but we don't know if it is terminal yet. It's not looking good for him though.

I was quoting his own exact words from Post #11 above.

While you can cure ignorance with a good education stupidity is a life sentence. I really don't hold out much hope for the OP. So far he seems completely immune to learning from his own mistakes.

rofl_logo.jpg

I was quoting his own exact words from Post #11 above.

While you can cure ignorance with a good education stupidity is a life sentence. I really don't hold out much hope for the OP. So far he seems completely immune to learning from his own mistakes.

Sad but true. Looks like he is doomed to a life of dumb assed beliefs.

rofl_logo.jpg

You two are like dogs --- going round and round, smelling each other's ass, and wondering why everything seems so shitty.

Forum List

Back