“can a businessman fix the economy?”

Obama: the Downgraded, Food Stamp President

Why aren't the Republicans helping the President get people good jobs, so they don't need Food Stamps?

Hey, here's an idea for Republicans. They could try to pass a law that prohibits active military from receiving them.

The problem with you Liberals is that you think the Government should give you a good job, rather than take your lumps and work your way up to get that good job by earning that good job.

Aren't we still digging our way out of the mess left by the last person who ran as a businessman?

Uhm, no.. we're digging ourselves out of a mess brought on by profligate spending, borrowing and the idea that it's right to give $250,000 SISA mortgages to people in the interest of fairness.

Sorry liarboy, but it was Bush's policies, the last business man that was elected that we're still working our way out of. So you want to see a bigger liar, businessman elected? Are you really this fucking stupid?

Aren't we still digging our way out of the mess left by the last person who ran as a businessman?

I feel sorry for Obama if he gets relected considering the mess he's going to inherit from himself.

I heard that same bullshit about Clinton's reelection. Turns out that Clinton was the most fiscally responsible leader we've seen in many a decade.

Obama is following the same winning path. Federal discretionary spending is way down, and he's going to ask the most blessed among us to kick in a bit more. The Clinton plan worked, the Bush plan was a huge failure.

Obama: the Downgraded, Food Stamp President

Why aren't the Republicans helping the President get people good jobs, so they don't need Food Stamps?

Hey, here's an idea for Republicans. They could try to pass a law that prohibits active military from receiving them.

The problem with you Liberals is that you think the Government should give you a good job, rather than take your lumps and work your way up to get that good job by earning that good job.

You lying little ass monkey. What I think, is that our government ought not give huge tax breaks to companies that ship jobs overseas. Are you really this stupid?

a corporate raider is not the right kind of Businessman to run any government

.....and yet the burden is still on your side to sell the American People on a Community Organizer with a track record of compounded deficit and debt spending only to pay off unions, corporate cronies, and fellow elites while ignoring, diminishing and demonizing main street.

I think big business will prosper under Romney. He will ensure they get all that they want. The middle class will somehow take it on the chin like they always do. We live in a system that is run amok by big money and those that think that if you have alot of money you have the right to more power. We the middle class are the sheeple who actually believe all of the nonsense. The "american dream" moniker is used against the people of this country. Please prove me wrong.

Explain to me HOW Romney will do that while giving tax cut to the rich and cutting spending for the needy and you will prove me wrong. How he plan to create 12 million jobs? Romney don't even know.

The key to 12 million jobs is simple. GET THE DAMN ECONOMY WORKING AGAIN.

The key to getting the economy working again, is to take the shackles off of small businesses, and improve the economic environment so that people with money will feel that it is worth the risk of investing their money again.

The American people will accept taxes on the wealthy, but they will not accept punishing the wealthy because they are successful.

You lying little ass monkey. What I think, is that our government ought not give huge tax breaks to companies that ship jobs overseas. Are you really this stupid?

Nice thing about that quote function... It forces people like you to be honest with yourself. What part of "Why aren't the Republicans helping the President get people good jobs, so they don't need Food Stamps?" ... Did you forget you wrote? Moron.

I feel sorry for Obama if he gets relected considering the mess he's going to inherit from himself.

I heard that same bullshit about Clinton's reelection. Turns out that Clinton was the most fiscally responsible leader we've seen in many a decade.

Obama is following the same winning path. Federal discretionary spending is way down, and he's going to ask the most blessed among us to kick in a bit more. The Clinton plan worked, the Bush plan was a huge failure.

In what way is Barack Obama following Bill Clinton's "winning path"? I know that SOUNDS great and everything but Clinton's reaction to a mid-term in which the Democrats got their asses handed to them was to move markedly to the center working with Newt Gingrich and the new GOP majority to pass legislation. Or have you forgotten Clinton's declaration that the era of big government was "over"? Contrast that with Obama. Democrats got "shellacked" (to use Obama's own description of the 2010 mid-terms) even worse than during Clinton's first term yet President Obama hasn't moved to the center on ANYTHING. Trying to portray Barack Obama as the second coming of Bill Clinton is almost laughable. Clinton really WAS a fiscal conservative...Obama is a big government liberal who believes that more government is the answer to all problems.

The "Clinton Plan" worked because Bill Clinton was smart enough to pivot to the middle and work with Newt Gingritch and a GOP Congress. The "Obama Plan" (does he even really HAVE one at this point?) isn't working because contrary to his reputation for intelligence, Barack Obama really ISN'T very politically astute.

Last edited:
Yeah, what we really need is someone with ZERO business experience and no executive experience as well...oh, wait...that's what we have now! How's THAT working out?

42 months of unemployment over 8%...GDP grinding along at 1%...yearly deficits of a trillion plus dollars...the first credit downgrade in our nation's history...four dollar a gallon gas? Why would ANYONE want four more years of THAT?

400,000 million jobs created in the past 17 months. Unemployment at 8.3% instead of 20%. In economic recovery instead of a depression that we were headed. Affordable Healthcare for all, Ending the Iraq war saving millions of live and dollars. Obama do not set the price of gas. He filled the donut hole for me saving me hundreds of dollars. The $5 trillion spending was to fix what Bush had already put in place. Two wars, tax cuts for the rich, None of which is Obamas. You will never appreciate what you have until you lose it.
Romney is not going to line your hands but the hands that feed him at your expense.

Well if it's so dam good...why are we hearing this now?

We first noticed the first signs that the economy was beginning to soften about three months ago. Now the evidence of a slowdown has become so overwhelming that it is difficult to avoid the conclusion that we are headed for a recession. We cite the following as evidence.
The Evidence Of A Coming Recession Is Overwhelming - Business Insider

So how do you know Init wouldn't decide to vote for Romney? His/her statement was that they were BOTH too extreme. What makes you think you know how he'd vote?

Would you like to explain why the Obama Administration gave 47 BILLION dollars in tax waivers to GM when GM is spending billions to expand it's operations in China?

Would you also like to explain why General Electric paid no taxes at all here while it moved big parts of it's operation to China? Jeffrey Immelt is Barack Obama's "jobs czar" for God's sake!

Are YOU really this stupid?

Last edited:
“can a businessman fix the economy?”

Define "fix".

I guess the economy would be a good victim for a hostile takeover if Mittens was elected.

He could sell off all our assets pocket a bundle and ship us all over to China to work for peanuts.

When Romney talks about jobs I hope he is referring to HIGH paying jobs. Those are the key. Every kid with a post graduate degree forces employers to pay more. Low paying jobs and factory jobs should be frowned upon and those should be left open. Now we're onto something. Nobody applying for the low wage jobs. Leave those unfilled. Man I would love to see it.

When Romney talks about jobs I hope he is referring to HIGH paying jobs. Those are the key. Every kid with a post graduate degree forces employers to pay more. Low paying jobs and factory jobs should be frowned upon and those should be left open. Now we're onto something. Nobody applying for the low wage jobs. Leave those unfilled. Man I would love to see it.

When Romney brags about the jobs he "created" he likes to bring up Staples. Minimum wage .. mostly part time.. A REAL good job if you live at home with your parents.

When Romney brags about the jobs he "created" he likes to bring up Staples. Minimum wage .. mostly part time.. A REAL good job if you live at home with your parents.

Of the couple hundred million jobs your leader Obama "claims" he created...
How many of those were 100k jobs? :mad:

valid points. A real job pays high wages with good benefits. Those are the jobs we need. No factory jobs and things like that where the pay is low, benefits non existent, but the CEO makes a bundle at the workers expense and mistreatment.

Having a post graduate degree only "forces" employers to pay more if the employer happens to be the government. In the Private Sector jobs seldom award an automatic raise if you get another degree like the Public Sector does with most of theirs. There is a very important reason that so many government employees go back for Masters degrees and Doctorates and that reason is they often make lots more money for doing the same job.

As for Staples? You seem to think that everyone who works for the company is a clerk. Trust me, there are many high paying jobs in a big corporation like Staples...jobs that would not exist if not for people like Mitt Romney. Not that there is anything wrong with those low level jobs. Young people entering the workforce need to start somewhere. You're right about it being a REAL good job if you live at home with your parents. Too bad we have so many young people who can't even find a job like being a clerk at Staples.

Forum List

Back