“can a businessman fix the economy?”

clerk jobs at staples are the type that should be avoided and not applied for and should be left unfilled.

valid points. A real job pays high wages with good benefits. Those are the jobs we need. No factory jobs and things like that where the pay is low, benefits non existent, but the CEO makes a bundle at the workers expense and mistreatment.

The economic ignorance of this board amazes me at times. You people actually think factory jobs are evil. The truth is when textile mills in New England closed up and moved to the Carolinas back in the 70's literally tens of thousands of relatively unskilled people no longer had a way to make a comfortable living. Now if you want to talk about the economic realities that made that move necessary fine...if you want to keep living in this fantasy world where everyone has high paying union jobs and CEO's make a little more than a line worker than I won't waste my time on you.

What people like you can't seem to grasp is that economic principles don't care about "fairness" or even political persuasion...they exist independent of those things and bite all those that ignore them in the ass.

Last edited:
clerk jobs at staples are the type that should be avoided and not applied for and should be left unfilled.

Sure it makes so much sense that those big executive salaries are being paid when there are no clerks or factory workers to sell or make anything.............

Yea, that's so smart, it makes so much sense.

“CAN A BUSINESSMAN FIX THE ECONOMY?”
The Week. June 15,2012.
Does America need a “CEO in Chief?”

Bain Capital, Romney’s private equity firm, made rich investors richer by buying struggling companies, laying off workers and driving the company into the ground.
“Romney economic didn’t work in Massachusetts and it won’t work now.” Massachusetts ranked 47th out of 50 states. His four year in Massachusetts are a gaping “hole to Romney’s resume.”
Its’ true that Massachusetts lost manufacturing jobs under Romney from 2003 to 2007, but the state’s employment figures had been to free fall for two years before he become Governor, and “the average annual rate of loss lowed every year doing his tenure, (isn’t that he same as Obama claiming that he inherited a failing economy from Bush when he took office, that he has been attacked for?)
Timothy Egan; “A business background is more often than not a prelude to a disastrous president.” Our economy has boomed under presidents that had no business experience at all, including Franklin Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton. Businessmen Herbert Hoover and George W. Bush gave us the two worst financial crises in history. …“the less experience in business , the better the president
Romney has already revealed what he would do to revive the economy if elected…cut taxes for the rich by 20%, deeply cut domestic spending for the needy under Paul Ryan radical “path to prosperity” program. If you believe in trickle-down economics, Romney is your man.

Romney running on his strength as a businessman. But he won’t tell us how he made is millions and where he is hiding it and why? Who helped him to become a successful businessman?
Romney is “always going to smooth the hands that feeds him” $400 million a year with tax cuts and tax loop holes and tax havens and that is big businesses.

Better than a community organizer who never had a real job.

Seriously? Dems are actually asking this question? LOL

Let's see:

A. Successful businessman with an awesome resume of success

or

B. A community organizer who never had a job

That's an EASY choice.
But he did have a job back in high school. He worked for Baskin Robbins as what we used to call a "soda jerk". Too bad he made a career out of being a jerk.

"tens of thousands of relatively unskilled people no longer had a way to make a comfortable living. "

Thats my point. All those unskilled people need to be trained so they are no longer unskilled. Mandatory post graduate degrees are an idea. Otherwise we expect some people to do the grunt work. Not necessary.

Let's see. A businessman with a solid track record - as per Willie Clinton - vs. the community agitator in chief who'd be highly challenged running a lemonade stand? It remains to be seen where the folks in Hyde Park let him park his new stand come January.

Al Capone was a great businessman. Bonnie and Clyde were a great business pair. The Mafia were great businessmen. Bush failed at every business venture he attempted and daddy Bush bailed him out every time but could not bail him of of his blundering the presidency.:eusa_eh:

I would not be supprised if he was also in money laundering business.

No one ever said Romney was not human? Sound like a P**** to me. We don't need a saint in the white house we need a competent man.

Let's see. A businessman with a solid track record - as per Willie Clinton - vs. the community agitator in chief who'd be highly challenged running a lemonade stand? It remains to be seen where the folks in Hyde Park let him park his new stand come January.

Al Capone was a great businessman. Bonnie and Clyde were a great business pair. The Mafia were great businessmen. Bush failed at every business venture he attempted and daddy Bush bailed him out every time but could not bail him of of his blundering the presidency.:eusa_eh:

I would not be supprised if he was also in money laundering business.

No one ever said Romney was not human? Sound like a P**** to me. We don't need a saint in the white house we need a competent man.

Well we sure don't have one now, glad to see you're finally getting it.

"tens of thousands of relatively unskilled people no longer had a way to make a comfortable living. "

Thats my point. All those unskilled people need to be trained so they are no longer unskilled. Mandatory post graduate degrees are an idea. Otherwise we expect some people to do the grunt work. Not necessary.

We need government job training programs, but that wold cost money and Romney plan cutting governement program and jobs to the bare essentials. He cannot put welfare mothers to work with govenment job training programs.

Aren't we still digging our way out of the mess left by the last person who ran as a businessman?

I feel sorry for Obama if he gets relected considering the mess he's going to inherit from himself.

You and other radical right wing village idiots love to say these kind of stupid things but were are the facts. WHAT mess did he make? Unemployment is at 8.3% instead of 20%. Iraq war ended. OBL is dead, GM alive and well. Stimulus created millions of jobs. 4 million jobs created in the last 27 month. WTF do you want form the man who has road block set up all the way by a 12% approval rating congess? http://factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-economic-sleight-of-hand/
As if you say it long and loud enough it becomes the truth. You don't know the truth if it up and bit you in your asses. Your blind racist hatred has blinded your sense of reality. Obama has performed miracles with the mess Bush left him and you should be behind Obama kissing he ass and thinking him that you are not in the poor farm where you were heading when he took offic and where you will be if Romney has his way.Ungrateful ingrates.:mad:

Last edited:
When Romney talks about jobs I hope he is referring to HIGH paying jobs. Those are the key. Every kid with a post graduate degree forces employers to pay more. Low paying jobs and factory jobs should be frowned upon and those should be left open. Now we're onto something. Nobody applying for the low wage jobs. Leave those unfilled. Man I would love to see it.

When Romney brags about the jobs he "created" he likes to bring up Staples. Minimum wage .. mostly part time.. A REAL good job if you live at home with your parents.

:clap2::badgrin:

When Romney talks about jobs I hope he is referring to HIGH paying jobs. Those are the key. Every kid with a post graduate degree forces employers to pay more. Low paying jobs and factory jobs should be frowned upon and those should be left open. Now we're onto something. Nobody applying for the low wage jobs. Leave those unfilled. Man I would love to see it.

When Romney brags about the jobs he "created" he likes to bring up Staples. Minimum wage .. mostly part time.. A REAL good job if you live at home with your parents.

sounds like you are speaking from experience

Not sure if a businessman can fix an economy, it is quite obvious that a community organizer is incapable and over their head.

Forum List

Back