Campbells soup

I'm sorry but Campbells soup is only good for starving students with no money.
It is extremally high in sodium and some are also high in sugars.
It is teeming with preservatives and other artificial/chemical ingredients.
And compared to home made - laughably bad.
Most of Campbells soups are nutritionally weak at best with little value.

Campbells tomato soup packs in a whopping 1150mg of heart clutching sodium.
SIX teaspoons of fat ass making sugar!!
Homemade tomato soup?
Mine...
332mg of sodium
TWO teaspoons of sugar

A bisque or a chowder would be an exception.
I like bisque as well.
Just sayin, I make a mean butternut squash bisque. Pair that with a BLT... awesome.
I have never met anyone who doesn't like my carrot bisque as well. Awesome with a grilled cheese sammich.
Winter foods.

Yeah, I edited my thought there to mention bisques. Forgot about those.

A bisque or a chowder would be an exception.

Yeah, I edited my thought there to mention bisques. Forgot about those.
I make a Chorizo/white fish chowder once or twice a year. Friggin awesome, but not exactly good for you.
And then there is a pot of well made beans. Which is really a soup.

I make a Chorizo/white fish chowder once or twice a year. Friggin awesome, but not exactly good for you.
And then there is a pot of well made beans. Which is really a soup.
I can help with that. :)

Bean soup cooking.JPG

I'm sorry but Campbells soup is only good for starving students with no money.
It is extremally high in sodium and some are also high in sugars.
It is teeming with preservatives and other artificial/chemical ingredients.
And compared to home made - laughably bad.
Most of Campbells soups are nutritionally weak at best with little value.

Campbells tomato soup packs in a whopping 1150mg of heart clutching sodium.
SIX teaspoons of fat ass making sugar!!
Homemade tomato soup?
Mine...
332mg of sodium
TWO teaspoons of sugar
Campbell's makes a low sodium tomato soup that only has 120 mg of sodium

Campbell's makes a low sodium tomato soup that only has 120 mg of sodium
Which shows you it never needed it in the first place.
Looks like they achieve the flavor by using roasted, and more concentrated tomato puree.
So guess how normal people have been making tomato soup for generations? Yeah.. roasting the tomatoes.
So they should have been doing it all along instead of poisoning the population for 50 years.

Which shows you it never needed it in the first place.
Looks like they achieve the flavor by using roasted, and more concentrated tomato puree.
So guess how normal people have been making tomato soup for generations? Yeah.. roasting the tomatoes.
So they should have been doing it all along instead of poisoning the population for 50 years.
The same could be said for any processed food. Meh. Pick on one, you might as well pick on 'em all.

The same could be said for any processed food. Meh. Pick on one, you might as well pick on 'em all.
Absolutely.
The GenX generation is testament to this.
Gluten intolerance, once a very rare condition (approx. 0.5%), now affects 7% of the population.
I subscribe to the theory that this is due to genetically modified wheat, which is now virtually all the wheat you can find.
Up till the 1970s - wheat naturally contained a protein that helped make the gluten more digestible.
That protein, depending on strain, is either non existent to low levels in modern GM wheat.

Absolutely.
The GenX generation is testament to this.
Gluten intolerance, once a very rare condition (approx. 0.5%), now affects 7% of the population.
I subscribe to the theory that this is due to genetically modified wheat, which is now virtually all the wheat you can find.
Up till the 1970s - wheat naturally contained a protein that helped make the gluten more digestible.
That protein, depending on strain, is either non existent to low levels in modern GM wheat.
Have you tasted a fresh tomato from anywhere but your own garden using heirloom seeds in the last 30 years? Nope, neither have I. They have GMO'd the flavor right out of them. SAD.

It's good stuff. I've eaten it since I was a child but I rarely eat any other kind but chicken noodle, tomato, or chicken and rice. Yesterday I wanted soup and all I had was a can of cream of chicken soup. I never ate it and the only reason we had it was that my wife uses it to cook with. So, I said what the heck and I heated up a can of it. It's now my favorite soup. It tastes like chicken and dumplings which I really like also. Good stuff!
Over the years we have bought many cans of Cream of Chicken soup.

We have never used it as a soup but always as an ingredient in another dish.

I never realized that people actually served it as a soup by itself.

Have you tasted a fresh tomato from anywhere but your own garden using heirloom seeds in the last 30 years? Nope, neither have I. They have GMO'd the flavor right out of them. SAD.
I live in a Florida subdivision that use to be an oak forest. When they built the subdivision they left quite a bit of the original oak trees. The oaks are enormous and almost at the point of being infested with squirrels.

Those little bastards are all over the place.

We all have large yards but if we put in a garden the goddamn squirrels, and their grove rat buddies, will ruin any crop.

They will destroy any tomato to get to the seeds inside.

Sadly I have to buy my tomatoes from roadside stands in Plant City. Can't grow my own.

I like the Chunky line of Campbells soup.

Not a big soup eater, but the Pub Style Chicken Pot Pie is excellent. Like eating the inside of a pot pie without the crust.

1681089939431.jpeg

Forum List

Back