Cam Newton loses endorsement over sexist comments

For the love of God. People seriously need to lighten up. None of the females in my family would know what a route is. Most of the males would. People need to look at the intention and not what was said sometimes. We all make mistakes and I don't believe for one second that Cam meant to offend anyone. Sure, it came off a little awkward. So what. He said he was sorry. But we can't move on until he loses sponsors, etc. Ridiculous.
As a Black man and quarterback Cam should know all to well what its like when someone assumes you cant do something because of biology. While it was funny hearing her ask the question in that very feminine voice he should have never said what he said.

Sure it was awkward. He apologized. Yet Dannon still needs to drop him? When do we just let people apologize for a mistake and move on without demanding loss in wages or job, etc.

Yes. Dannon makes yogurt. I know a lot of women that eat yogurt. I dont know any men that do. it sends a message that your prejudices need to be worked out in private not when someone is doing their jobs. Cam explains it pretty well and doesnt whine about losing the Dannon endorsement.

Alrighty then. You've successfully supported punishing the black man for a statement he is sorry for a wishes he could take back. Good for you.

We man up when we are wrong. Thats a habit you should pick up when you become a man. We understand there are consequences for letting what you think escape from your brain out where others hear you and are affected by it.

I think he should apologize for that dumb goatee.

It might be where I live, but the women in my social group know just as much about football as the men. My friend Holly was yelling at the television about we how get burned by our Cover 1 defense on deep routes last Sunday. lol

I don't think he meant anything malicious. This is overkill.
He didnt mean anything malicious but that doesnt change the fact that it was insulting.

Oh, I agree. But, he should apologize for this:

upload_2017-10-6_12-41-4.png

I didn't think that was a bad comment. It's another case of PC gone wild.

I think the NFL players committing so many crimes and deliberately showing disrespect for the national anthem is far worse. But that's apparently okay with the left, whereas an innocent joke about women and football is oh, so awful to them.

I didn't think that was a bad comment. It's another case of PC gone wild.

I think the NFL players committing so many crimes and deliberately showing disrespect for the national anthem is far worse. But that's apparently okay with the left, whereas an innocent joke about women and football is oh, so awful to them.
If she was your daughter how would you feel if Cam said that to her while she was doing her job on national tv?

If she was your daughter how would you feel if Cam said that to her while she was doing her job on national tv?

No problem --- it was about Cam, not about her, after all. And that's what reporters want, they want to get the interviewees to talk. She got some color; she may well have been pleased, until all the hoopla started.

Let people be free to say what they want to say!! Stop with the heresy witch hunts!

No problem --- it was about Cam, not about her, after all. And that's what reporters want, they want to get the interviewees to talk. She got some color; she may well have been pleased, until all the hoopla started.

Let people be free to say what they want to say!! Stop with the heresy witch hunts!
They are free to say what they want to say. However you're advocating for zero consequences for what they say which isnt humanly possible. You say something and it will affect someone. That someone is going to have a reaction one way or another unless they arent listening to you. You could have someone knock you on your ass or give you an award as a consequence.

They are free to say what they want to say. However you're advocating for zero consequences for what they say which isnt humanly possible. You say something and it will affect someone. That someone is going to have a reaction one way or another unless they arent listening to you. You could have someone knock you on your ass or give you an award as a consequence.

This is a good point and I agree up to some extent --- but the left is hyperreactive to any heresy against their narrative. This leads to gross intolerance, and I'd like to see a lot more tolerance for people simply expressing themselves freely without the left examining every statement by everybody for some way to punish and hurt them.

I don't usually advocate for NFL players --- I think they are by and large a bunch of criminals, but this guy didn't say anything bad or even remarkable and he seems something of a charmer; I like the flowered jump suit. Shows a sense of humor. These awful witch hunts by the left! It's too bad. I think we all need to have courage and say what we think and push back against this effort to control and suppress everyone.

This is a good point and I agree up to some extent --- but the left is hyperreactive to any heresy against their narrative. This leads to gross intolerance, and I'd like to see a lot more tolerance for people simply expressing themselves freely without the left examining every statement by everybody for some way to punish and hurt them.

I don't usually advocate for NFL players --- I think they are by and large a bunch of criminals, but this guy didn't say anything bad or even remarkable and he seems something of a charmer; I like the flowered jump suit. Shows a sense of humor. These awful witch hunts by the left! It's too bad. I think we all need to have courage and say what we think and push back against this effort to control and suppress everyone.
Tolerance begins with you being tolerant and not insulting people due to your assumptions. Cam recognized his mistakes and took his consequences like a man. He gave you a valuable lesson.

For the love of God. People seriously need to lighten up. None of the females in my family would know what a route is. Most of the males would. People need to look at the intention and not what was said sometimes. We all make mistakes and I don't believe for one second that Cam meant to offend anyone. Sure, it came off a little awkward. So what. He said he was sorry. But we can't move on until he loses sponsors, etc. Ridiculous.
As a Black man and quarterback Cam should know all to well what its like when someone assumes you cant do something because of biology. While it was funny hearing her ask the question in that very feminine voice he should have never said what he said.

Sure it was awkward. He apologized. Yet Dannon still needs to drop him? When do we just let people apologize for a mistake and move on without demanding loss in wages or job, etc.

Yes. Dannon makes yogurt. I know a lot of women that eat yogurt. I dont know any men that do. it sends a message that your prejudices need to be worked out in private not when someone is doing their jobs. Cam explains it pretty well and doesnt whine about losing the Dannon endorsement.

Alrighty then. You've successfully supported punishing the black man for a statement he is sorry for a wishes he could take back. Good for you.

We man up when we are wrong. Thats a habit you should pick up when you become a man. We understand there are consequences for letting what you think escape from your brain out where others hear you and are affected by it.

If you were to "man up" you wouldn't be such a pathetic snow flake over something so ridiculous. This man is done with you. Have a nice weekend.

If you were to "man up" you wouldn't be such a pathetic snow flake over something so ridiculous. This man is done with you. Have a nice weekend.

Manning up means not being a dullard like you. Youre not a man. Youre a mouse.

Forum List

Back