Calling all Xtians

It's a bigoted title used to demean, humiliate and insult Christians.

It's like saying "******" instead of black.

It's like Xmas.
Care4All says there is nothing wrong with it. IMO, anything that makes typing easier is cool.

Last edited:
Always A Bitch takes offense to it because she can't allow thoughts about anything outside of her own little narrow views.

"x" basically means "whatever", and the "tians" is a reference to theologically challenged people like Always Babbling.

Actually the Jews started doing it many years ago.

They wanted to sell Christmas items out of their stores, but didn't want to write Christmas on their windows.

So to eliminate the word Christ. They would spell it Xmas

Urban Dictionary: xtian

"An abbreviation for "Christian". Based upon the first letter (Chi, which looks like an X) of the Greek word for Christ (Christos). The X therefore being a traditional symbol for Christ. Xtian is often used rather than Xian to avoid confusion with the Chinese city.
This abbreviation is often mistaken as derogatory by some Christians unaware of the history of the people of their faith. "

"An abbreviation for "Christian". Based upon the first letter (Chi, which looks like an X) of the Greek word for Christ (Christos). The X therefore being a traditional symbol for Christ. Xtian is often used rather than Xian to avoid confusion with the Chinese city.
This abbreviation is often mistaken as derogatory by some Christians unaware of the history of the people of their faith. "

Darn it! Ya beat me too it. That's why I laugh at those who think it's derogatory to write it.

Darn it! Ya beat me too it. That's why I laugh at those who think it's derogatory to write it.

I checked it out on the web to see if I was just being naive, but I couldn't find any website that didn't sound paranoid who said it was a derogatory term.

Maybe all the wannabee victim xtians will end up making it one.

IMO, anything that makes typing easier is cool.

:cheeky-smiley-018: Bleh.

Does that mean we'll soon start seeing you use "u" instead of "you," "r" instead of "are," etc.?

One of the reasons I like message boards better than chat rooms is that you have the time and preview button to write your responses well. There are some common acronyms like "lol," but they are generally used more like emoticons than like actual words/phrases.

Typing isn't hard to begin with. Unless you're spitting out messages in a competitively time-sensitive scenario, why not type words properly?

you're a good student Anguille, i did say that x=Christ in greek on that other thread and you remembered it! glad you looked it up for yourself...

I checked it out on the web to see if I was just being naive, but I couldn't find any website that didn't sound paranoid who said it was a derogatory term.

Maybe all the wannabee victim xtians will end up making it one.

Give it time--how long did it take for "******" to become taboo ?

Ask Strolling what "Xtian" means to her.

She's already explained a couple of times. It's the word she uses to describe backwards, stupid, blah blah blah etc and so forth. It's the way she distinguishes the "bad" Christians from the "good" Christians, of which there are about 2, according to herself.

BS. When it is used in a deorgatory manner there's no mistake. It's derogatory.

That's okay ... don't think the laughing is one-sided. When it's used in a derogatory manner, then it is derogatory.

Or is it okay for me to call you an ass? After all, it's just a 4-legged critter with a hard head.

Forum List

Back