Calling all Xtians

I checked it out on the web to see if I was just being naive, but I couldn't find any website that didn't sound paranoid who said it was a derogatory term.

Maybe all the wannabee victim xtians will end up making it one.

I am hurt ... nay, broken ... that you would attempt to create sarcastic humor of my plight.:(

That's okay ... don't think the laughing is one-sided. When it's used in a derogatory manner, then it is derogatory.

Or is it okay for me to call you an ass? After all, it's just a 4-legged critter with a hard head.
Like that guy that called Obama boy, right?

Like that guy that called Obama boy, right?

Not if he meant it in a non-deragatory manner.

Back to the use of the cross as a positive symbol:

Gal 6:14
But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Phil 3:18
(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

Heb 12:2
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Enemies of the cross of Christ are those who ridicule it and what it stands for, and Strolling knows that. And that is why she uses the "x" in Christian the way she does.

That's okay ... don't think the laughing is one-sided. When it's used in a derogatory manner, then it is derogatory.

Or is it okay for me to call you an ass? After all, it's just a 4-legged critter with a hard head.

If you typed it xss then yes we'll make a new rule and call it such,Mr. xss.:cool:

:cheeky-smiley-018: Bleh.

Does that mean we'll soon start seeing you use "u" instead of "you," "r" instead of "are," etc.?

One of the reasons I like message boards better than chat rooms is that you have the time and preview button to write your responses well. There are some common acronyms like "lol," but they are generally used more like emoticons than like actual words/phrases.

Typing isn't hard to begin with. Unless you're spitting out messages in a competitively time-sensitive scenario, why not type words properly?

I hate text talk. Even when texting. I'll never do "u" or "r" but Xtian is okay, imo, since Xmas already exists.

Note the way she uses it. The small "x" and all that.

It's being used in a deragatory manner, and it's no different than using the word "******". Just as their continued references to the "bibul" is meant to negate any power the word "Bible" might have, while at the same time demeaning those who believe it.

Xmas is a problem, too. The x is a pagn thing in that example, as well.

I'll use Xmas when texting, simply because you get a certain amount of room, and Christmas is double the characters.. Never thought of Xtians... Too hard to type anyway. Can't really see either of them being offensive, but that's just me.

BS. When it is used in a deorgatory manner there's no mistake. It's derogatory.

Well, I never heard of it till yesterday, you xxxxing Xtian cry baby!

(just ribbin' ya! ok? no bad rep, please)

Shall we add it too mani's list of Offensive Epithets ?

Well, when people are looking to be offended or are looking for a reason to justify their own flaws, they will find something to be offended by. When you are secure in yourself, nothing will offend you or you will at least not take it as offensive unless aimed at you specifically, even then you will not argue the point to death just because you are offended, instead just post your peace and move on.

I don't have to look to be offended when it's stated that the term is being used to be offensive, you stupid bitch.

Note the way she uses it. The small "x" and all that.

It's being used in a deragatory manner, and it's no different than using the word "******". Just as their continued references to the "bibul" is meant to negate any power the word "Bible" might have, while at the same time demeaning those who believe it.

Xmas is a problem, too. The x is a pagn thing in that example, as well.
"bibul" is cute.

Xmas has been around for ages. Why don't you worry about something real, like maybe the fact that Baptists do not predate Catholics.

Just out of curiousily, Allie.. Why do you really care what someone thinks of whatever you believe? Does what they think change what you believe? I don't believe in God, but constantly get called a Jesus Freak by Collins.. No skin off my nose.. Doesn't change what I feel one bit.

Forum List

Back