Calling All Christians!

My neighbor use to leave her house 5-ish, every morning. We tho't she possibly worked in a soup kitchen. She was going for dialysis. She had a transplant & has done WONDERFULLY.

What a hard road your sister's feet have been put on. I say this, not to negate the father & his feelings & involvement. I say this because she is the mother.

Oh I am so glad for this spot of good news! I've been wondering how she was doing and so were my students-yes, we keep praying for Tori.

I hadn't seen the updates, my guess is they 'disappear' from my 'new posts' when I'm at school and check in, then am distracted by students. Sometimes I'm 'on' for hours, without being at the computer.

I'm so happy for your family! I certainly hope the good news keeps rolling in and dialysis is as short as possible.

Tori is doing better. They removed the neck line, and are trying to do all fluid dialysis, with hemadialysis only when absolutely necessary. They are talking about moving her to a regular floor, out of the ICU. So, she is doing pretty well.

mom4 said:
Tori is doing better. They removed the neck line, and are trying to do all fluid dialysis, with hemadialysis only when absolutely necessary. They are talking about moving her to a regular floor, out of the ICU. So, she is doing pretty well.
Thank you for the update! If you can, perhaps you can post a pic soon? My class has been including her in our daily prayers. Ash Wednesday at mass, when 'special intentions' were asked for, one of the boys yelled, (yeah, yelled :embarrassed:) out, "Baby Tori"! So at least at one time, over 200 were praying for her.

Kathianne said:
Thank you for the update! If you can, perhaps you can post a pic soon? My class has been including her in our daily prayers. Ash Wednesday at mass, when 'special intentions' were asked for, one of the boys yelled, (yeah, yelled :embarrassed:) out, "Baby Tori"! So at least at one time, over 200 were praying for her.
Oh my gosh! That gave me goose bumps, and choked me up. It is so amazing that so many people in a different part of the country are praying for my niece. Thank you, and thank all your kids for me!

mom4 said:
Oh my gosh! That gave me goose bumps, and choked me up. It is so amazing that so many people in a different part of the country are praying for my niece. Thank you, and thank all your kids for me!

Oh, don't thank me! Seriously. That is the best reaction I've had from this class all year. They are really difficult, but the story of a very sick baby, brought something good out in them. Thank you and Tori! Though I wish she had never been sick. God works in ways we cannot always understand. One baby can touch so many!

I have brought her up at temple... We have had quite a few meditating on her and passing 'health and good wishes'...

We hope that this will bring you further on your Path and closer to your ultimate enlightenment...

no1tovote4 said:
I have brought her up at temple... We have had quite a few meditating on her and passing 'health and good wishes'...

We hope that this will bring you further on your Path and closer to your ultimate enlightenment...
Thank you for your kindness, No1.

I saw Tori today, and she looked wonderful! She looks like a normal baby. Except the tubes, of course. But she is totally off hemadialysis, now. Still having a little trouble keeping her milk down, bc they add salt water to it, and it upsets her stomach. Her BP was pretty high, and they were talking of removing one of her kidneys, but they got some more fluid off of her body, and her BP went down. It seems like every time there is a disaster looming, something happens, and she pulls through. I know it is bc of everyone's prayers.

She is still in the ICU, but they're talking about moving her down to the regular floor. And they are also going to try to put her on nighttime dialysis, which means she would be able to unhook during the day. Then, my sister could get out of the room, take her on little walks, maybe even see daylight.

I just couldn't get over how well she looked. She wasn't puffy or yellow. She is actually starting to look a little like her father. :)

mom4 said:
I saw Tori today, and she looked wonderful! She looks like a normal baby. Except the tubes, of course. But she is totally off hemadialysis, now. Still having a little trouble keeping her milk down, bc they add salt water to it, and it upsets her stomach. Her BP was pretty high, and they were talking of removing one of her kidneys, but they got some more fluid off of her body, and her BP went down. It seems like every time there is a disaster looming, something happens, and she pulls through. I know it is bc of everyone's prayers.

She is still in the ICU, but they're talking about moving her down to the regular floor. And they are also going to try to put her on nighttime dialysis, which means she would be able to unhook during the day. Then, my sister could get out of the room, take her on little walks, maybe even see daylight.

I just couldn't get over how well she looked. She wasn't puffy or yellow. She is actually starting to look a little like her father. :)

I'm so happy for you all! I'll never understand medicine though. Adding salt water to formula? With kidney problems and high bp? Then again, my son was on ritalin, (ie speed) and it calmed him down, really. :dunno: Well whatever the reasons, I'm so glad Tori is looking good!

Kathianne said:
I'm so happy for you all! I'll never understand medicine though. Adding salt water to formula? With kidney problems and high bp? Then again, my son was on ritalin, (ie speed) and it calmed him down, really. :dunno: Well whatever the reasons, I'm so glad Tori is looking good!

Babies need a higher concentration of salt in their diet and bloodstream it helps to regulate their nervous system. The dialysis would remove much of that salt, so they need to supplement.

This was actually a problem when people started making baby foods without salts and it started making babies very unhealthy....

People think that they have the exact same dietary needs as an adult and would be very wrong...

no1tovote4 said:
Babies need a higher concentration of salt in their diet and bloodstream it helps to regulate their nervous system. The dialysis would remove much of that salt, so they need to supplement.

This was actually a problem when people started making baby foods without salts and it started making babies very unhealthy....

People think that they have the exact same dietary needs as an adult and would be very wrong...
Exactly, No1. They add it to her breastmilk; she is taking a bottle now.

mom4 said:
Yay! Victoria has been downgraded out of the ICU to a regular nursing unit!

Awesome. There will be a group at the temple that will be happy to hear this...

This kid has a ton of strangers pulling for her. I feel connected to the kid, you'll have to keep us updated throughout her life from now on....

Victoria has been able to get off the dialysis machine for hours at a time. They are still having a little trouble because her tiny stomach isn't big enough to hold all the dialysis fluid and her milk, so her meals often come right back up. But she has been able to unhook and take walks around the hospital. My sister sat with her in the chapel the other day, in a patch of sunshine. Victoria hasn't been able to see much sunlight in her life.

My daughter is scheduled to go into traction this week, and my sister has promised to try to bring Victoria to my daughter's room to meet her. Abbie is so excited. She has never seen her baby cousin, since they don't allow visitors under 12. It just keeps getting better! :)

mom4 said:
Victoria has been able to get off the dialysis machine for hours at a time. They are still having a little trouble because her tiny stomach isn't big enough to hold all the dialysis fluid and her milk, so her meals often come right back up. But she has been able to unhook and take walks around the hospital. My sister sat with her in the chapel the other day, in a patch of sunshine. Victoria hasn't been able to see much sunlight in her life.

My daughter is scheduled to go into traction this week, and my sister has promised to try to bring Victoria to my daughter's room to meet her. Abbie is so excited. She has never seen her baby cousin, since they don't allow visitors under 12. It just keeps getting better! :)
Mom, you have a digital Cam. Lets see some pics of "our" girl!

Good news too... :D

Mr. P said:
Mom, you have a digital Cam. Lets see some pics of "our" girl!

Good news too... :D
I meant to ask my sister if that would be all right, but I forgot my camera last time I went down there. I'll try to remember!

Forum List

Back