Calling All Christians!

Mom: I doubt my prayers would do you much good, but you and your family have my whatever-counts-towards-making-bad-situations-better thing. Truely.

Originally Posted by gop_jeff
MOD HAT ON

This thread is about mom4's concerns for her neice, not about whose well-wishes, prayers, cool points, etc. are more important. Do mom4 the common courtesy of taking that discussion elsewhere.

MOD HAT OFF

mom4, I hope they can treat Tori, and certainly hope that she won't have to go through any type of transplant. What a hard thing for your sister to go through.

Mr. P said:
Exactly my point in post#13

That's my last post on this thread.

Fmr Jrhead' s post #7 was the first to go off-topic by questioning the content of Mom's original post, instead of just doing what Jeff suggests, offering a prayer or good wishes for her niece. So one can logically assume that if your post is "exactly" mirroring Jeff's point, it would have been directed to that first post. But, surprisingly, it wasn't. :dunno:

mom4 said:
I'm very sorry. I didn't intend to offend anyone. And actually, in the first line of the thread, I had the word "Christians." I changed it to "anyone" because I realized that some here do not believe in Jesus; however they are caring people and would like to express their concern.

But Abbey and Darin had it right. I am very thankful for everyone's generous support, but I didn't post simply to get sympathy. I was requesting postive action, which according to my beliefs and those of other Christians, will have an impact on this situation. This is why I kept the word "Christians" in the title of the thread.

So thank you everyone, for your sympathy, good wishes, and especially for your prayers. I will let you know how the situation progresses, in case any are interested.

Don't you even apologize about anything you posted. Do not change what you posted..not one single word.

The ones who offered prayers and postive thoughts know what you are asking for.

mom4 said:
I'm asking anyone here to please, if you can, offer up a prayer for my baby niece, Tori. She is not even a month old yet, and she was taken to the hospital last Sunday with swelling all over her body. Her kidneys are malfunctioning. They don't know why yet, but there is a chance she could lose at least one of her kidneys and need a transplant. My sister and BIL are a mess, very exhausted and worried, of course. So if you have a moment, please lift a prayer for them. Thank you.

Continued support and well wishes from my family...please let us know how things are going....small children are very resilient, and often "recover" from setbacks very well.

You know your family are in my thoughts.....

mom4 said:
I'm asking anyone here to please, if you can, offer up a prayer for my baby niece, Tori. She is not even a month old yet, and she was taken to the hospital last Sunday with swelling all over her body. Her kidneys are malfunctioning. They don't know why yet, but there is a chance she could lose at least one of her kidneys and need a transplant. My sister and BIL are a mess, very exhausted and worried, of course. So if you have a moment, please lift a prayer for them. Thank you.
Hey now, don't just make it exclusive to Christians! Some of us have our own form of prayer.

I'll keep her in my thoughts and heart. I hope everything turns out okay!

Kagom said:
Hey now, don't just make it exclusive to Christians! Some of us have our own form of prayer.

I'll keep her in my thoughts and heart. I hope everything turns out okay!

Been down this road before....just offer your well wishes however you see fit....

GotZoom said:
Don't you even apologize about anything you posted. Do not change what you posted..not one single word.

The ones who offered prayers and postive thoughts know what you are asking for.
I had already changed it when I first wrote it, before anyone else had posted.

Today's news:
They put in a new IV line in a main vein in her groin bc her tiny veins weren't running the medication well enough. She seems to be fighting the infection, but she is very swollen, retaining water. They put her on a respirator.

Dear God, it's like reliving my father's death three years ago. Please God, let this turn out differently.

mom4 said:
Today's news:
They put in a new IV line in a main vein in her groin bc her tiny veins weren't running the medication well enough. She seems to be fighting the infection, but she is very swollen, retaining water. They put her on a respirator.

Dear God, it's like reliving my father's death three years ago. Please God, let this turn out differently.

Speechless.

We're with you mom...praying......

Tori's infection is clear! They have been waiting for the swelling/fluid retention to go down before performing the biopsy, but the condition is not getting better. She keeps losing too much sodium and protein through her urine, so they have to keep pumping in more fluids with sodium and protein. They have decided to just go ahead and do the biopsy, even though people with fluid retention don't heal as well.

This is good, because they can more accurately diagnose the problem. She has been diagnosed with congenital nephrotic syndrome. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001576.htm#Causes, incidence, and risk factors

If they decide she needs a transplant, they will have to wait until she grows, maybe a year. Then they will look to family members to donate first. This is going to be a hard decision for us all. I would not hesitate to give one of my kidneys. But one of my children's? It will be a very hard decision.

Thank you for those of you who have continued to pray and wish us well.

mom4 said:
Tori's infection is clear! They have been waiting for the swelling/fluid retention to go down before performing the biopsy, but the condition is not getting better. She keeps losing too much sodium and protein through her urine, so they have to keep pumping in more fluids with sodium and protein. They have decided to just go ahead and do the biopsy, even though people with fluid retention don't heal as well.

This is good, because they can more accurately diagnose the problem. She has been diagnosed with congenital nephrotic syndrome. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001576.htm#Causes, incidence, and risk factors

If they decide she needs a transplant, they will have to wait until she grows, maybe a year. Then they will look to family members to donate first. This is going to be a hard decision for us all. I would not hesitate to give one of my kidneys. But one of my children's? It will be a very hard decision.

Thank you for those of you who have continued to pray and wish us well.

I'll cough up a kidney for you if you have problems finding a match... What is her blood type?

That is more generous than anyone could ask for, No1. I'm not sure what her blood type is, or even 100% sure she will need a donor. But thank you.

mom,I have been praying for your little neice. My thoughts are with you too.

Is she at Children's Hospital in Cincinnati? If so,I know she is in good hands. Kids come from all over the world to get treated at that hospital.

mom4 said:
That is more generous than anyone could ask for, No1. I'm not sure what her blood type is, or even 100% sure she will need a donor. But thank you.

I'm with Doug - I'm Type A Negative and willing to lend a hand if needed.

:hug:

Tori had her biopsy last week, and had dialysis tubes implanted. She has been on continuous dialysis since then, and her swelling has decreased a little. But her tubes started to leak into her stomach. They have her in surgery right now, trying to find another site to put the tubes. It's very hard to find one, since she is so tiny.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers.

mom4 said:
Tori had her biopsy last week, and had dialysis tubes implanted. She has been on continuous dialysis since then, and her swelling has decreased a little. But her tubes started to leak into her stomach. They have her in surgery right now, trying to find another site to put the tubes. It's very hard to find one, since she is so tiny.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers.
The kids at school were just asking how she was this morning, when we said our prayers. She's in them.

Kathianne said:
The kids at school were just asking how she was this morning, when we said our prayers. She's in them.
Thanks, Kathianne. They had her in surgery for over an hour today, but they did manage to get tubes in through her neck. Thank God.

Forum List

Back