Calling All Christians!

Shattered said:
While I'll admit that yesterday I was pretty crabby, and could read something bad into anything... I took Mom's opening post/subject line much like Jarhead did... While I don't believe for one second it WAS intentional (given her previous posts), the implication was there...and given the nature of this board, it was only a matter of time before someone commented on it...

Regardless, she has my well wishes, and hopes that everything turns out fine.
I agree, I took it the same way, but didn't post Jarhead did, and I'm sure he meant no harm at all.

Mr. P said:
I agree, I took it the same way, but didn't post Jarhead did, and I'm sure he meant no harm at all.

I don't believe he meant any harm, either.. I don't believe either of them did.

Shattered said:
While I'll admit that yesterday I was pretty crabby, and could read something bad into anything... I took Mom's opening post/subject line much like Jarhead did... While I don't believe for one second it WAS intentional (given her previous posts), the implication was there...and given the nature of this board, it was only a matter of time before someone commented on it...

Regardless, she has my well wishes, and hopes that everything turns out fine.

Nobody with faith in a god should care much for prayers offered to another god. It's fully within her right to ask for Christians - just as a Muslim should feel just fine asking for the prayers of other muslims. Nobody's faith is worth anything if they allow that other gods may exist - unless their faith is polytheistic.

Some of you guys are so into arguing you're missing the point of her thread anyway.

dmp said:
Nobody with faith in a god should care much for prayers offered to another god. It's fully within her right to ask for Christians - just as a Muslim should feel just fine asking for the prayers of other muslims. Nobody's faith is worth anything if they allow that other gods may exist - unless their faith is polytheistic.

Some of you guys are so into arguing you're missing the point of her thread anyway.

Ultimately what it comes down to is not Gods, Darin, but well wishes for a small child in jeopardy. Period. Regardless of how those well wishes come about. I'm not the one being argumentative, however. I stated that I don't believe <i>either</i> of them meant it as it was taken...

For the record, my only purpose in posting at this point was to try and diffuse a situation that had the potential to get out of hand for the wrong reasons.. I'm out.

Shattered said:
Ultimately what it comes down to is not Gods, Darin, but well wishes for a small child in jeopardy. Period. Regardless of how those well wishes come about. I'm not the one being argumentative, however. I stated that I don't believe <i>either</i> of them meant it as it was taken...

But well wishes don't really MEAN anything. Everyone knows that...or should. Here we had a lady in distress, calling for prayers to a God she believes in. I'm not going to speak for her, but I'd be certain she appreciates peoples' concern - it's just she was asking for a difference-maker - God - to take action. Thus, it's well within her right or duty to ask for things which she knows will make a difference.

That's all.

Shattered said:
For the record, my only purpose in posting at this point was to try and diffuse a situation that had the potential to get out of hand for the wrong reasons.. I'm out.

Why the need to diffuse? I'm constantly amazed at the fear some people have here with very personal issues. The comment was not even directed at those complaining about Abbeys' post. If Mom had asked for all Muslims to pray for her she may not have gotten many responders but I would see no problem with the request. Seems like a poor time to "educate" someone about religion. I bet Jarhead is fully capable of dealing with this himself without proxies.

Ok. Here's there truth. Jarhead was a jerk for choosing this moment to be pc in a stupid fashion. Abbey chose to call him on it. And The Hypocrisy compounded when claytaurus wondered if the thread was the place for this; he should have taken THAT to pm if he was so concerned.

Then Mr. P and dillo got in somehow.

My two cents.

rtwngAvngr said:
Ok. Here's there truth. Jarhead was a jerk for choosing this moment to be pc in a stupid fashion. Abbey chose to call him on it. And The Hypocrisy compounded when claytaurus wondered if the thread was the place for this; he should have taken THAT to pm if he was so concerned.

Then Mr. P and dillo got in somehow.

My two cents.

What's with the PM crap ?? Are some things just too personal for public consumption?

dilloduck said:
What's with the PM crap ?? Are some things just too personal for public consumption?

Clay is just so sensitive. Claymation cow! LOL!

SO basically it's Rwa, dillo, Abbey, VS. Jarhead, CLaytaurus and Mr. P. I know which side is coolest. Does anyone else?

Mr. P said:
Then you can surely show us Clays post, right? :teeth:

Ok. Maybe it was you all along!

Hey. Does this look like a ghost to you?

slimer.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread is about mom4's concerns for her neice, not about whose well-wishes, prayers, cool points, etc. are more important. Do mom4 the common courtesy of taking that discussion elsewhere.

MOD HAT OFF

mom4, I hope they can treat Tori, and certainly hope that she won't have to go through any type of transplant. What a hard thing for your sister to go through. :(

gop_jeff said:
MOD HAT ON

This thread is about mom4's concerns for her neice, not about whose well-wishes, prayers, cool points, etc. are more important. Do mom4 the common courtesy of taking that discussion elsewhere.

MOD HAT OFF

mom4, I hope they can treat Tori, and certainly hope that she won't have to go through any type of transplant. What a hard thing for your sister to go through. :(
Exactly my point in post#13

That's my last post on this thread.

I'm very sorry. I didn't intend to offend anyone. And actually, in the first line of the thread, I had the word "Christians." I changed it to "anyone" because I realized that some here do not believe in Jesus; however they are caring people and would like to express their concern.

But Abbey and Darin had it right. I am very thankful for everyone's generous support, but I didn't post simply to get sympathy. I was requesting postive action, which according to my beliefs and those of other Christians, will have an impact on this situation. This is why I kept the word "Christians" in the title of the thread.

So thank you everyone, for your sympathy, good wishes, and especially for your prayers. I will let you know how the situation progresses, in case any are interested.

Forum List

Back