Caller Takes a Shot at Al Sharpton

Not exactly sure you used the most appropriate word to describe this considering how hypersensitive everyone is this week.

The caller was right. Never thought of the title of the thread, lol. Guess it could have been worded differently. This non-violent rhetoric business is going to take some getting used to.

Al Sharpton is an advocate. He does what he does for fear that no one will speak out if he doesnt. He makes mountains out of molehills not becasue he wants to make a big deal out of nothing. He makes mountains out of mole hills so the people can decide what is a mountain or not. He makes mountains out of molehills so a mountain does not go unseen.

He has started many a protest. He does not ask for or push violence.

He was not called out or shot down in this clip. A caller offered his views and SHarpton allowed him to offer them and he thanksed him for the call. The thrid voice was a phone guest debating with the caller.

I, personally, have no issue with Al Sharpton. I am not a fan of his approach, but I admire his passion.

Caller is right, and it's refreshing for a host to let a caller get through his entire point.

Al did do that (allow the caller to speak). I have to give him credit for that.

BTW I chose those word to neutralize the words the left want to ban--the words they themselves use!

Does anybody take Al Sharpton seriously?

He's grown a great deal since the Tawana Brawely affair. Sharpton is very active in New York politics..and he's quite a good speaker.

Far RWers want to hang that ONE minute mess up from way in the past on him and crucify him forever, but at the same time preach about "picking oneself up at the bootstraps" and self-improvement, and redemtion, etc., etc., etc.

The bottom line is the pick and choose who to hate and who to love, and they basically only love fellow RWers.

He's grown a great deal since the Tawana Brawely affair. Sharpton is very active in New York politics..and he's quite a good speaker.

Far RWers want to hang that ONE minute mess up from way in the past on him and crucify him forever, but at the same time preach about "picking oneself up at the bootstraps" and self-improvement, and redemtion, etc., etc., etc.

The bottom line is the pick and choose who to hate and who to love, and they basically only love fellow RWers.

MY crticims regarding Sharpton and the Brawley case has nothing to do with him getting involved and speaking out as he did.
My criticism was his refusal to let it go even after the facts started to show that it was all a made up story.
And I must tell you MarcAtl...the fact that you refer to it a "one minute" mess up is troubling. I live in NY...it was front page news for months and Mr. Sharpton was on that front page everyday until it was proven to be a hoax. And then Sharpton seemed to disappear offering no retraction of his statements and no offer of apology to the men he falsey crucified.

But that being said...since then he has proven to be a repsectable advocate for civil rights and potential civil rights violations. A bit colorful.....but without the color, few would listen.

I'm not a RWer, so if you're referring to me-nice try. And sorry sometimes when you do an action that in my opinion crosses the line-no you don't get a second chance (at least from me). I said the exact same thing about Robert Byrd.

MY crticims regarding Sharpton and the Brawley case has nothing to do with him getting involved and speaking out as he did.
My criticism was his refusal to let it go even after the facts started to show that it was all a made up story.
And I must tell you MarcAtl...the fact that you refer to it a "one minute" mess up is troubling. I live in NY...it was front page news for months and Mr. Sharpton was on that front page everyday until it was proven to be a hoax. And then Sharpton seemed to disappear offering no retraction of his statements and no offer of apology to the men he falsey crucified.

But that being said...since then he has proven to be a repsectable advocate for civil rights and potential civil rights violations. A bit colorful.....but without the color, few would listen.
I was an New Yawka too, in fact that's where I self identify as. As I was not born American. I lived there from 97 - 2008, 97 - 99 off and on, as I was in college in Michigan, and then from there on out til moving to ATL in 08.

I started off not liking Al, based on the rumors I heard, but from observing and LISTENING to him I saw him as a champion of the disenfranchised and down-trodden the nation over, especially on the NYC scene.

On top of that, he's highly intelligent, successful and a master at communication.

I now admire the man.

Forum List

Back