Caller Takes a Shot at Al Sharpton

Does anybody take Al Sharpton seriously?

He's grown a great deal since the Tawana Brawely affair. Sharpton is very active in New York politics..and he's quite a good speaker.

Far RWers want to hang that ONE minute mess up from way in the past on him and crucify him forever, but at the same time preach about "picking oneself up at the bootstraps" and self-improvement, and redemtion, etc., etc., etc.

The bottom line is the pick and choose who to hate and who to love, and they basically only love fellow RWers.

Ah, Marc? I also think Sharpton marginalized himself forever in that debacle. I cannot abide this blowhard; I don't understand why people still give a dman what he says.

He's grown a great deal since the Tawana Brawely affair. Sharpton is very active in New York politics..and he's quite a good speaker.

Far RWers want to hang that ONE minute mess up from way in the past on him and crucify him forever, but at the same time preach about "picking oneself up at the bootstraps" and self-improvement, and redemtion, etc., etc., etc.

The bottom line is the pick and choose who to hate and who to love, and they basically only love fellow RWers.

Ah, Marc? I also think Sharpton marginalized himself forever in that debacle. I cannot abide this blowhard; I don't understand why people still give a dman what he says.
I'm sorry to hear that you have also signed and sealed your judgment of the man.

All I can say is...

People were angry.

People don't say wise things when they are angry.

People don't make wise decisions when they are angry...the Tea Party is evidence to that.

With that said, what specifically turned you completely off to him based on that debacle?

IMO, he knew Brawely was lying but the story was just too good to let go of. He put his own interests, whatever they may be, ahead of the truth and the community. I dunno if you realize just how close we came to an outright bloodbath in New York.

IMO, he knew Brawely was lying but the story was just too good to let go of. He put his own interests, whatever they may be, ahead of the truth and the community. I dunno if you realize just how close we came to an outright bloodbath in New York.

Unfortunately or fortunately rather, I wasn't in NYC at the time, nor had I interest in anything political or even newsworthy other than my own little life. Heck, it was 1987, I was still a young boy in the Caribbean living happy going to the beach, listening to Reggae and discovering Hip-Hop. So I'm totally untainted by that story. In my world, it didn't happen.

I do, however, realize that emotions were very strong on the matter and the demarcations were clear...a la The O'Jay Simpson decision.

Forum List

Back