Obama does Wellstone Memorial 2.0

Discussion in 'Politics' started by teapartysamurai, Jan 14, 2011.

1. teapartysamurai

teapartysamurai Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,889
    THURSDAY UPDATE: AMERICA CATCHES UP TO ME: DRUDGE REPORT REALIZES MEMORIAL WAS POLITICAL RALLY TWO DAYS AFTER PATDOLLARD.COM – – – Unmasked: Obama Coming To Tucson To Campaign, Not Support Mourners! Sham Exposed! See The “Trag

I mean this makes the Wellstone Memorial look respectful by comparison. And do you remember how horrified Republicans attending were at the time?

Anyone remember the Wellstone Memorial?

Maybe Republicans need to go back in time and apologize for being horrified at the Wellstone Memorial.

Because it's pretty obvious, we hadn't seen nuthin' yet!

2. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,692
    "Wellstone 2.0" Google that if you want to see how many right wing message boards have that cute little phrase flying all over the place this morning.

3. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    They are wrong. This was not Obama's fault. It was not organized by the White House. Simple fact. He could not control the situation into which he was placed. Sorry, I don't like Obama's policies but blaming him for this just doesn't fly.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    This was mild compared to the Wellstone Memorial. Looks like the President did a decent job on it considering the circumstances.

There are plenty of things to criticize him about. I dont think this is necessarily a good one to do so on.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    If you want to critic him stick to the issues. There's no shred of evidence that Obama or the White House planned the shirts, and they certainly can't control the conduct of the crowd. For what it's worth Obama started looking a little surprised by the initial reaction, and even a little uncomfortable. And when he paused for cheers-it was never for him, or his political agenda, it was either for one of the people who died, one of the heroes of the tragedy, or to call an end to the blaming the other side for the cause of the tragedy.

For somebody who made this into a political rally-I'm finding it hard to find anything of what Obama said was for his political gain. He obviously gained some ground, but that's because he acted exactly as the head of this nation should. He acted like any real leader would, and honestly if there was a Republican president I would expect them to give the same exact speech, word per word (and I'm sure they would).

6. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,798
    Hey now........don't be messing with TPS's delusional state. :eusa_hand:

7. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,180
    se·di·tion   /sɪˈdɪʃən/
    –noun
    1. incitement of discontent or rebellion against a government.
    2. any action, esp. in speech or writing, promoting such discontent or rebellion.

At what point do the scurrilous posts and theads of Teapartysamurai reach the level of criminality. At what point does Michelle Bachmann cross the line? Is telling the people to be armed and dangerous acceptable discourse? Is this use of language really an exercise of free speech or is it something else?

I ran our domestic violence program. It is a felony in California to make terrorist threats; the elements of which are quoted here:

"Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person threatened a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family’s safety."

Clearly Rep. Bachmann's use of language does not reach the level defined in PC 422; but her language is inflamitory and incites extremist elements in our society. Does it incite violence? We don't know, nor do we know if the language and symbols used by Gov. Palin incite others to take action against our elected representatives.

What we know is that every other November the people can and do change the government peacefully. Something which has occurred every two years for over two centuries and celebrated as the greatest experiment in self government in history.

Teapartysamurai likely believes he is a patriot, he is not. Patriots defend and support the Constitution of the United States; engaging in seditious discourse is something much different than patriotism, it is not free speech or legitimate political discourse. It is vile, evil and illegal.

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    I agree with you. But, I also agree with Laura Ingram who pointed out that all obie wan had to do to keep the crowd from "cheering" as if in a political rally was to rasise his hand palm out and say "please." He didn't control the situatin and that's part of the problem. Having said that if the people of Arizona are not objecting I don't have a problem with it either.

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    When we've become a communist state. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon. I can't wait til 2012.

10. mdn2000

mdn2000 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +278
    I do not see how anyone sees this as the beginning of Obama's re-election campaign, even the colors do not match.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]