California unveils Native American monument at Capitol, replacing missionary statue toppled in 2020

Logically as this evolves city names may change. San Diego, San Francisco and Los Angeles to start. Any other comparable names no matter the size.

Whites like you have a real bad habit of trying to excuse the wrongs whites have done by making the statements you made in the quote. You have not seen any of the First Nations members here declare their perfection while whiles like you try making it seem like whites are perfect.

You see, there is your first outright mistake. I'm not "white". I guess you did not pick up on that from what I said earlier.

I am of a different tribe, and I find it offensive because it is ignoring the contributions of my tribe.

And with our own version of the "Barbarian Hoards" attacking any group they run across.

Yes, I am of American Indian descent. So I am "forgiving" absolutely nothing. The problem here is that you seem to be projecting your own beliefs onto me, and they do not at all belong.

So go cry me a river, I could not care less about your condescension and trying to claim superiority because of your beliefs. I absolutely find it freaking hilarious though whenever somebody try to play the race card on me, especially over this type of topic. There is a reason we often consider ourselves the "invisible minority", as most have no idea of our heritage unless we tell them.

And let me guess, next comes the crying that I am a "fake Indian", right? That actually tends to be the second line of attack used against me. And I actually am not kidding about being of a different tribe. My ancestors came from the Great Lakes area, and were moved to Oklahoma. Until a couple of years ago I actually lived on an Indian Reservation in California, and we used to joke about that. Almost everybody could recognize I was of Indian descent, but also obviously not a member of the Maidu tribe (different facial features mostly). So they often joked I was the "Foreign Skin".

Last edited:
Most of it was purchased.

And that was another issue altogether, as the Indians of the era understood "swapping" as they did have a very sophisticated barter economy. However there was no concept of "land ownership", they thought it was just an arrangement for a couple of years. Very few tribes remained in a single location for more than a couple of years. Most were classic Neolithic "Hunter-Gatherer" societies. Remaining in one place until most of the game was hunted out, the plants harvested, and the trash piled up so high that it was time to move again. That is why anthropologists typically use the midden piles (literally a fancy word for "trash") to track what tribes were in what area. As many tribes left behind rather specific middens.

So in their mind, the foreigners were only requesting permission to remain there for a few years, then like them would eventually move on. As almost none lived in permanent settlements, the concept of "owning" the land and remaining there forever was simply inconceivable. Because within a couple of years the game would be gone, the plants all harvested, and the trash piled up to their armpits. They did not understand those were the kinds of issues that those from Europe had largely resolved millennia before so was not a problem with them.

The BS argument is that all this land was “stolen” from the Indians.

Most of it was purchased.

Of course Dems are trying to hide that fact by removing historical signs that point that out.

View attachment 856983
It was stolen. Just quit trying to justify what whites did. If the land was all purchased the U.S. Army would never have been in battles the the First Nations.

You see, there is your first outright mistake. I'm not "white". I guess you did not pick up on that from what I said earlier.

Yes, I am of American Indian descent. So I am "forgiving" absolutely nothing. The problem here is that you seem to be projecting your own beliefs onto me, and they do not at all belong.

So go cry me a river, I could not care less about your condescension and trying to claim superiority because of your beliefs. I absolutely find it freaking hilarious though whenever somebody try to play the race card on me, especially over this type of topic. There is a reason we often consider ourselves the "invisible minority", as most have no idea of our heritage unless we tell them.

And let me guess, next comes the crying that I am a "fake Indian", right? That actually tends to be the second line of attack used against me. And I actually am not kidding about being of a different tribe. My ancestors came from the Great Lakes area, and were moved to Oklahoma. Until a couple of years ago I actually lived on an Indian Reservation in California, and we used to joke about that. Almost everybody could recognize I was of Indian descent, but also obviously not a member of the Maidu tribe (different facial features mostly). So they often joked I was the "Foreign Skin".
You're a joke junior. The fact remains that whites ran away from Europe to come here. It is also true that wars were going on among whites in Europe. So whites here and accomodationists like you don't get to argue about inter tribal warfare as a comparison. None of the nations invaded Europe and decided the land was theirs. I don't care how much fighting was done by the 500 nations that were here. It does not justify what was done and I don't give a damn what you are, your argument is weak.

Really? My history outdates yours, Bonzo. You can "shout" STHU :huh1: as much as you want. If anyone's listening they might enjoy it.
I doubt it. You're just another white idiot.

like you don't get to argue about inter tribal warfare as a comparison.

Once again, you are projecting because I said nothing of the sort.

How about actually discussing what I say, instead of trying to completely make up claims that I never said or even implied?

Sorry, but I freaking hate people that simply attack over and over again, and refuse to actually discuss the issue itself. Most of them tend to have their heads completely shoved up their neither orifice and do not actually know how to actually discuss anything.

IM2 owns the conversation.
No, he ran with his tail between his legs.

IMG_5265.jpeg

Just to be clear. Crime, murder pollution, disease, racism, genocide, forced sterilization, stealing children makes for a great country?

Tell me, are you happy with this country that you created?
Very happy. I see you are too, using white man’s technology.

So until you swear off indoor plumbing, running water, electricity, and all the technology of the modern day, I’d say you are full of shit.

Just to be clear. Crime, murder pollution, disease, racism, genocide, forced sterilization, stealing children makes for a great country?
Enough about the injuns before the white man. Let's look at all th great things the white man gave this country

Forum List

Back