CDZ California Trifecta?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I saw a story about how an El Nino forming now in the Eastern Pacific was causing the monsoons in the central plains. So, I did a little quick research to see what else it would do. I am basically checking on my sources to see if I got a bum steer.

The El Nino will peak about Christmas

California will not see much rain until it dissipates in early 2016.

Therefore there will be two extremely bad fire seasons in a row.

Generally there is a rebound in California rain if a larger than normal El Nino peaked the previous year.

Fire seasons and rains are the two major causes of Earth/mud slides with quakes being the third leading cause.

If a La Nina starts forming next year then it seems likely that CA will have massive Earth and Mud slides at about the time of the general election. How bad could it get and how long will recovery take? This outcome is not certain by any means but it does seem to be something like a 7 to 6 or 8 to 7 favorite as in slightly more like than not.

Is that a correct reading of the data by my sources?

I saw a story about how an El Nino forming now in the Eastern Pacific was causing the monsoons in the central plains. So, I did a little quick research to see what else it would do. I am basically checking on my sources to see if I got a bum steer.

The El Nino will peak about Christmas

California will not see much rain until it dissipates in early 2016.

Therefore there will be two extremely bad fire seasons in a row.

Generally there is a rebound in California rain if a larger than normal El Nino peaked the previous year.

Fire seasons and rains are the two major causes of Earth/mud slides with quakes being the third leading cause.

If a La Nina starts forming next year then it seems likely that CA will have massive Earth and Mud slides at about the time of the general election. How bad could it get and how long will recovery take? This outcome is not certain by any means but it does seem to be something like a 7 to 6 or 8 to 7 favorite as in slightly more like than not.

Is that a correct reading of the data by my sources?
You can add another factor to your list. The Santa Anna's are already blowing hot air north here in Arizona. When those winds are stronger then the ones coming off the Pacific ocean well that is NOT good.

So my sources are in the ballpark. Next thing that occurred to me is that I got the impression is that the drier the soil the looser it got and the greater the likelihood of trees being blown over by winds or light quakes. Also this is the formula that led to the dustbowl in the 1930s so that leads me to some other questions:

What is the likelihood of major dust storms?

Does that feed the loss of trees?

Forum List

Back