California High School To Give Random Breahalyzer Tests

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
At Santa Barbara High School, officials will screen every third or fourth student who arrives and anyone who appears drunk, said Principal Paul Turnbull.

Dos Pueblos High School administrators will use the Breathalyzer only if they suspect a problem, said Principal Quentin Panek.

"There's a lot of heavy drinking going on," said Penny Jenkins, executive director of the local nonprofit Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse. "Something's got to be done."

Santa Barbara High students offered mixed reactions to the testing.

"I think it's a good idea if they check randomly," said sophomore Kelsea Peace.

But senior Alexander Argyropoulos said alcohol testing encourages students to use drugs that cannot be detected with the Breathalyzers. Drinking, he said, is "better than possibly trying cocaine."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/11/D8D5TFU80.html

-----

Yeah..right Alexander. I remember when I was in school. I thought, "No..better not drink I might get caught. Now where is my next line of coke?"

That's cuz no one did coke when you were in school, most likely. The idea that breathalyzers are going to encourage cocaine use it a bit... shall we say... slippery slopish?

What about profiling??? Just because someone looks and acts drunk doesn't mean they are...and are they going to randomly test the teachers and staff as well?

Sarcasm folks.

The ClayTaurus said:
That's cuz no one did coke when you were in school, most likely. The idea that breathalyzers are going to encourage cocaine use it a bit... shall we say... slippery slopish?

Lotso' coke when I was in High School.

I think anyone who wants to sign up for extra-curricular activies to have to submit to a urine test.

Forum List

Back