Indoctrination?: High School To Collect Students' Hair For Mandatory Drug Testing...

"Rockhurst High School is a private, Roman Catholic, Jesuit, preparatory school for boys." Not much wiggle room to begin with.

And hey Goose Steppers, they're currently conducting mandatory Drug Testing in our Public Schools as well.

Oh it's a Private School, so that makes it right. I get it. Boy, this country is a real mess. Just too many loyal Goose Steppers. It's very sad.

Right or wrong is irrelevant. It's a private school and minors don't have a full set of rights yet. It's not "big brother" because it's not the government mandating it. It is an important distinction.

Oh it's a Private School, so that makes it right. I get it. Boy, this country is a real mess. Just too many loyal Goose Steppers. It's very sad.

Right or wrong is irrelevant. It's a private school and minors don't have a full set of rights yet. It's not "big brother" because it's not the government mandating it. It is an important distinction.

Big Brother does mandate Drug Testing in Public Schools. But either way, it's still wrong.

You're correct, public school are allowed under our law to randomly drug test their althetes and students who participate in extra curriculars. I've never heard of a public school doing what this private one is though.

Give Big Brother more time. He'll get around to it. It'll likely happen. ;)

Next thing you know they'll let this private school get away discriminating by gender or religion.

You're correct, public school are allowed under our law to randomly drug test their althetes and students who participate in extra curriculars. I've never heard of a public school doing what this private one is though.

Give Big Brother more time. He'll get around to it. It'll likely happen. ;)

About as likely as a Paul in the White House.

You don't like rules. We get it. Don't send your grand kids to that school. Or...any school.

Last edited:
My opinion is that if I pay to send my child to a Jesuit school and I want them to drug test then its my business.

Yes, a good little Nazi. Unfortunately, you're the majority in our country.

The thing is, she's right. This is a private school. There's no coercion going on here. I wouldn't necessarily send my kids there, but it's none of my business if other parents send theirs.

I think its an invasion of privacy. You shouldn't be allowed to test any student for drugs unless you have a reasonable suspicion they are taking them.

I think its an invasion of privacy. You shouldn't be allowed to test any student for drugs unless you have a reasonable suspicion they are taking them.

There ya go, paulitician! Is that what you're looking for? Should there be a law preventing private schools from drug testing?

As long as there is an opt out clause if the parent disagrees it's no big deal.

If I had a kid and he was in a school that required hair samples I'd shave his head as was mentioned earlier.

If I was a kid in a school that required hair samples I sure as hell would shave my head just to piss off the adults.

As long as there is an opt out clause if the parent disagrees it's no big deal.

If I had a kid and he was in a school that required hair samples I'd shave his head as was mentioned earlier.

If I was a kid in a school that required hair samples I sure as hell would shave my head just to piss off the adults.

And the school would have the right to kick you out, right?

Forum List

Back