Indoctrination?: High School To Collect Students' Hair For Mandatory Drug Testing...

As long as there is an opt out clause if the parent disagrees it's no big deal.

If I had a kid and he was in a school that required hair samples I'd shave his head as was mentioned earlier.

If I was a kid in a school that required hair samples I sure as hell would shave my head just to piss off the adults.

And the school would have the right to kick you out, right?

Sure. Private property and all that.

But I would sue for a tuition reimbursement because really shaving my head should be my choice.

Isn't thought and reasoning simple when everything is a slippery slope to Nazi Germany. Sure simplifies the world - accomplishes nothing.

As long as there is an opt out clause if the parent disagrees it's no big deal.

If I had a kid and he was in a school that required hair samples I'd shave his head as was mentioned earlier.

If I was a kid in a school that required hair samples I sure as hell would shave my head just to piss off the adults.

But I would sue for a tuition reimbursement because really shaving my head should be my choice.

Depends on what sort of service agreement exists. I'm sure they have something like a contract that covers such things. If they don't, or the arrangement isn't clear, got for it - sue away. But the point is, "should" doesn't enter into it. It's an entirely voluntary situation, unless we're talking about the child's rights to defy their parents wishes - which is a whole 'nuther' argument.

I think its an invasion of privacy. You shouldn't be allowed to test any student for drugs unless you have a reasonable suspicion they are taking them.

Voluntary participation is not an invasion of privacy. It's a private school and their parents gave permission as a condition of attendance.

>>>>

Depends on what sort of service agreement exists. I'm sure they have something like a contract that covers such things. If they don't, or the arrangement isn't clear, got for it - sue away. But the point is, "should" doesn't enter into it. It's an entirely voluntary situation, unless we're talking about the child's rights to defy their parents wishes - which is a whole 'nuther' argument.

I was the type of kid that if my mother would force me to give hair samples that I would have shaved my head. Hell I basically did that all through high school anyway

Ever since I was a little kid I have always hated being told what to do.

I was the type of kid that if my mother would force me to give hair samples that I would have shaved my head. Hell I basically did that all through high school anyway

There are other places to get hair samples other than the head.

Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:

There are other places to get hair samples other than the head.

Just sayin'. :eusa_whistle:
lol

Razors work in those other places too.

This is a private school. Parents think its a good idea, its their money *shrug* its their business.
I agree.
Private School OK.
Public School Not OK.

I hear ya, but there is Drug Testing in Public Schools as well. And neither is ok in my opinion.

Drug testing in public schools usually occurs because of a reasonable suspicion of use OR as a random test prior to participating in voluntary sports.

Random testing as part of participating in sports activities was upheld by the SCOTUS in Vernonia School District 47J v. Acton and Board of Education v. Earls as the opinion was there was a compelling interest in the school ensuring that student participating in voluntary sports were not on drugs to present a danger to themselves or to others students.

>>>>

I agree.
Private School OK.
Public School Not OK.

I hear ya, but there is Drug Testing in Public Schools as well. And neither is ok in my opinion.

Drug testing in public schools usually occurs because of a reasonable suspicion of use OR as a random test prior to participating in voluntary sports.

Random testing as part of participating in sports activities was upheld by the SCOTUS in Vernonia School District 47J v. Acton and Board of Education v. Earls as the opinion was there was a compelling interest in the school ensuring that student participating in voluntary sports were not on drugs to present a danger to themselves or to others students.

>>>>

Doesn't make it right. The Nazis passed many Laws they claimed were to protect the People. And it's always 'For the Children.' I've heard enough of that Bullshite to last me 10 lifetimes. It's always 'For the Children.' Same ole Same ole.

The Hindenburg Decree. Eerily similar to our own Patriot Act and NDAA. This video really does help explain why so many are so willing to go along to get along...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPnDZ1Txlo]SCHOOL SUCKS: The American Way - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back