California Bleeding Manufacturing Jobs, Report Shows

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Oh that wonderful libtard haven of liberalism with it's high taxes and spend til we cain't spend no mo,, whodda thunk it.. One Big Assed Meltdown Again :lol:
California is shedding manufacturing jobs faster than any other state thanks to heavy regulation and high taxes, according to a new study.

A report out of the Milken Institute found that California has shed nearly 80,000 manufacturing jobs over the past five years, as neighboring states gained 62,000 jobs in the same sector.

The new numbers suggest that the federal government might want to think twice before following in California's footsteps and instituting sweeping regulations on the energy industry and elsewhere.

Otherwise the Golden State might not be the only one that's losing its luster.

"Without manufacturing, where is the wealth going to be produced to hire the accountants, to hire the attorneys, to pay the actors and actresses?" said Tim Strelitz, president of California Metal-X. Strelitz' company is one of the few heavy manufac
turers left in California, and it's half the size it was seven months ago.

and all the donkeybrains are too stupid to see it!

California Bleeding Manufacturing Jobs, Report Shows - Political News - FOXNews.com

Oh that wonderful libtard haven of liberalism with it's high taxes and spend til we cain't spend no mo,, whodda thunk it.. One Big Assed Meltdown Again :lol:
California is shedding manufacturing jobs faster than any other state thanks to heavy regulation and high taxes, according to a new study.

A report out of the Milken Institute found that California has shed nearly 80,000 manufacturing jobs over the past five years, as neighboring states gained 62,000 jobs in the same sector.

The new numbers suggest that the federal government might want to think twice before following in California's footsteps and instituting sweeping regulations on the energy industry and elsewhere.

Otherwise the Golden State might not be the only one that's losing its luster.

"Without manufacturing, where is the wealth going to be produced to hire the accountants, to hire the attorneys, to pay the actors and actresses?" said Tim Strelitz, president of California Metal-X. Strelitz' company is one of the few heavy manufac
turers left in California, and it's half the size it was seven months ago.

and all the donkeybrains are too stupid to see it!

California Bleeding Manufacturing Jobs, Report Shows - Political News - FOXNews.com

when Arnie was campaigning he talked about this.....he said Cal. has got to lower their tax rates for businesses to make California business friendly again... and yet i have heard NO ONE comment on this in the legislature or Arnie himself....

Christopher Thornberg, with Beacon Economics in Los Angeles, suggested that efforts to rescue manufacturing jobs will have to wait as the state grapples with its budgetary crisis.

"Can our business environment be improved? Absolutely. Would it be good for the state? Absolutely. Can manufacturing be fostered? Absolutely. Is this the time to be worrying about it, absolutely not," he said.

Maybe, just maybe, if they "fostered manufacturing" and "improved their business environment" the ensuing tax revenues would help alleviate the budget crisis. This state has been driving jobs and businesses and residents out of the state for more than five years, this isn't something new. They've just finally taken notice.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here... Anyone want to buy a house?

Christopher Thornberg, with Beacon Economics in Los Angeles, suggested that efforts to rescue manufacturing jobs will have to wait as the state grapples with its budgetary crisis.

"Can our business environment be improved? Absolutely. Would it be good for the state? Absolutely. Can manufacturing be fostered? Absolutely. Is this the time to be worrying about it, absolutely not," he said.

Maybe, just maybe, if they "fostered manufacturing" and "improved their business environment" the ensuing tax revenues would help alleviate the budget crisis. This state has been driving jobs and businesses and residents out of the state for more than five years, this isn't something new. They've just finally taken notice.

what part of Ca. do you live in?? my brother lives in Lompoc and he has the same sentiments.. "I want to get the hell outta here!" :lol:

what part of Ca. do you live in?? my brother lives in Lompoc and he has the same sentiments.. "I want to get the hell outta here!" :lol:

I'm about halfway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, in Ventura county. Nice weather, cool breezes, near the coast, but none of that is worth staying.

Hungry? Eat your import. adn then thank a conservative capitalista for hemorrhaging your job to a dirt slave in Calcutta.

I love it when you silly people hide behind phrases like "more competitive". Yea, as if America should be MORE COMPETITIVE with a goddamn Chinese Sweat Shop laborer.

OMG - you corporate tools are hilarious. Milken and Fox go together like a dummy with a loud speaker. Come on you can do better than these dipshits. Another example of the power of the conservative corporate media over the minds of the weak. Try vitamins, I've also heard fish is a good brain food. By the way did you buy all those penny stocks Mikey recommended. LOL

Hungry? Eat your import. adn then thank a conservative capitalista for hemorrhaging your job to a dirt slave in Calcutta.

I love it when you silly people hide behind phrases like "more competitive". Yea, as if America should be MORE COMPETITIVE with a goddamn Chinese Sweat Shop laborer.

You're right, and the problem is nationwide. The linked report says that, after World War II, manufacturing accounted for one in every three American jobs. Now it's one in ten and not getting any better. I don't believe, however, that with numbers like that, the fault can be laid entirely at the feet of conservatives.

it was an asshole named Clinton signed the NAFTA remember?:lol::lol:

OMG - you corporate tools are hilarious. Milken and Fox go together like a dummy with a loud speaker. Come on you can do better than these dipshits. Another example of the power of the conservative corporate media over the minds of the weak. Try vitamins, I've also heard fish is a good brain food. By the way did you buy all those penny stocks Mikey recommended. LOL

don't like the source! find one that refutes these facts. We will wait! :eusa_whistle: or are you gonna tuck yer ass and run?

and asshole named clinton being rode crotch-style by a republican congress, eh?

In the U.S., Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing into law to incoming president Bill Clinton. Prior to sending it to the House of Representatives, Clinton introduced clauses intended to protect American workers and allay the concerns of many House representatives. It also required U.S. partners to adhere to environmental practices and regulations similar to its own. The ability to enforce these clauses, especially with Mexico, was considered questionable, and with much consternation and emotional discussion the House of Representatives approved NAFTA on November 17, 1993, by a vote of 234 to 200. Remarkably, the agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and only 102 Democrats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement#United_States

Last edited:

he didn't have to sign it did he? :lol::lol::lol: can you spell V E T O..... E ??? :lol::lol::lol:

In the U.S., Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing into law to incoming president Bill Clinton. Prior to sending it to the House of Representatives, Clinton introduced clauses intended to protect American workers and allay the concerns of many House representatives. It also required U.S. partners to adhere to environmental practices and regulations similar to its own. The ability to enforce these clauses, especially with Mexico, was considered questionable, and with much consternation and emotional discussion the House of Representatives approved NAFTA on November 17, 1993, by a vote of 234 to 200. Remarkably, the agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and only 102 Democrats.
North American Free Trade Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh,,my....god,,,,,,the "we inherited it" bullshit once again... :lol::lol::lol: you guys need to stop running for office and inheriting all this shit donchyathink? :lol:

Anyone else see a disconnect here?

Wasn't the progressives all blaming Bush for the 'Corporate tax cuts' as corporate welfare and yet, now they are saying that the Conservatives are the ones driving business out of Caifornia (wholly progressive in policy and mentality) and the country (approximately a 50/50 mixed bag)

While everyone is trying to deny Democrats causd this problem by over taxation and over regulation, the fact remains California, one of the largest states in the union is destroying itself.

The state is a model of bad government and cowtowing to special interest groups who took no heed of the impact and implications of their various 'causes' on the rest of their state.

California is in microcosim what Obama is trying to do on a national level.

Then when you get through eyeing California,, study Michigan.

the used condom speaks again....

don't like the source! find one that refutes these facts. We will wait! :eusa_whistle: or are you gonna tuck yer ass and run?

as he usually does....Midcant does not debate....Empty Ballsacks have nothing .....

While everyone is trying to deny Democrats causd this problem by over taxation and over regulation, the fact remains California, one of the largest states in the union is destroying itself.

The state is a model of bad government and cowtowing to special interest groups who took no heed of the impact and implications of their various 'causes' on the rest of their state.

California is in microcosim what Obama is trying to do on a national level.

you wanna see what Entitlement program after Entitlement program does ....what catering to special interest after special interest does.... what high taxes and over spending does.... look no further than California.....

Last edited:

he didn't have to sign it did he? :lol::lol::lol: can you spell V E T O..... E ??? :lol::lol::lol:

facts are facts, holmes. If dems weren't around to clean up your mess then America would look like a giant overflow of catshit in the litter box. I realize facts may haunt you but we all know who makes legislation and we ALL know who brought nafta to the table. Don't blame me if your sides' horrible ideas turn out so fucked up.

Forum List

Back