California Atheists prevail on xmas in Santa Monica

Funny that you should mention violence, when was the last time an atheist threatened to kill you for your religion?

No one kills for religion like Atheists.

What is the body count, 250 million?

Great Atheists in history, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Ho, Pol Pot - No one does violence like Atheists, Al Qaeda are pikers..

All that proves is that forcing an ideology doesn't work, no matter what it is.

Also that has nothing to do with the question or reality for that matter.

And don't change the subject.

When was the last time you were threatened with death by an atheist, over your religion?

Last edited:
It could be that I just haven't run into Atheists who don't want to crush the civil rights of others. (Skull Pilot may be one.)

I really have zero spiritual beliefs (which probably qualifies as atheist), but I sang Joy the World quite happily the other night (though I'd have preferred the Hallelujah Chorus).

I think that the majority of atheists are really "apatheists." They don't know, and they don't care. I basically fall into this category, though occasionally I am interested in exploring Christian topics--I can't stand fundamentalists of any stripe. The ones who are the most public and outspoken are usually still butthurt from something to do with their Christian upbringing (Campbell is a good example...he claims to be in his 70s and is still pouting over his indoctrination).

Yes, Campbell is quite butthurt over alot of things.

To me agnostics were those who didn't have a dog in the fight, its a lack of caring. What I consider Atheists are those who profess there is no god, believe it 100%, want you to believe it too, and look down on you as an idiot if you do have some faith in something.

Lets call them "Asshole Atheists", the smarmy self important cousin of the fire breathing evangelical christian.

For some reason Photonic neg repped me for this post, and will not give me a real reason why. I guess Campbell isnt the only butthurt person when it comes to Religon.

When was the last time you were threatened with death by an atheist, over your religion?

Half of my life I was threatened by Atheists. Those weren't party favors on the tips of Soviet Missiles.

Now I have NEVER been threatened by a Christian over my religion, or lack of - neither have you.

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
~Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782

I really have zero spiritual beliefs (which probably qualifies as atheist), but I sang Joy the World quite happily the other night (though I'd have preferred the Hallelujah Chorus).

I think that the majority of atheists are really "apatheists." They don't know, and they don't care. I basically fall into this category, though occasionally I am interested in exploring Christian topics--I can't stand fundamentalists of any stripe. The ones who are the most public and outspoken are usually still butthurt from something to do with their Christian upbringing (Campbell is a good example...he claims to be in his 70s and is still pouting over his indoctrination).

To me agnostics were those who didn't have a dog in the fight, its a lack of caring. What I consider Atheists are those who profess there is no god, believe it 100%, want you to believe it too, and look down on you as an idiot if you do have some faith in something.

Lets call them "Asshole Atheists", the smarmy self important cousin of the fire breathing evangelical christian.

For some reason Photonic neg repped me for this post, and will not give me a real reason why. I guess Campbell isnt the only butthurt person when it comes to Religon.

I can't speak for Photonic, but he probably neg repped you because you harbor the same ignorant misconceptions about athesim as Uncensored. Some atheists may profess there is no God and believe it 100%, but that number is a tiny fraction of the majority of atheists who readily admit doubt and uncertainty when it comes to the unknowable. I, along with a number of other posters, have attempted to correct the misconceptions about atheism in this thread to no avail. If you guys want to believe that we are all tyrants hell bent on destroying religious freedom, you have every right to live in your fantasy land.

I can't speak for Photonic, but he probably neg repped you because you harbor the same ignorant misconceptions about athesim as Uncensored. Some atheists may profess there is no God and believe it 100%, but that number is a tiny fraction of the majority of atheists who readily admit doubt and uncertainty when it comes to the unknowable. I, along with a number of other posters, have attempted to correct the misconceptions about atheism in this thread to no avail. If you guys want to believe that we are all tyrants hell bent on destroying religious freedom, you have every right to live in your fantasy land.

People who aren't 100% sure are really agnostics in my opinion, and most of those don't get all butthurt over nativity displays, or crosses on hilltops.

To use the term "atheist" usually brings up the model of the active atheist, the ones who show actual hostility to religon. Obviously this is not the case, but they are the ones who make the headlines, and like it or not, you are stuck with them as posterboys for the movement unless you can come up with some better PR.

I did use the term "asshole atheist", and thus do agree that the annoying ones are a subset of all other atheists.

People who aren't 100% sure are really agnostics in my opinion, and most of those don't get all butthurt over nativity displays, or crosses on hilltops.

To use the term "atheist" usually brings up the model of the active atheist, the ones who show actual hostility to religon. Obviously this is not the case, but they are the ones who make the headlines, and like it or not, you are stuck with them as posterboys for the movement unless you can come up with some better PR.

I did use the term "asshole atheist", and thus do agree that the annoying ones are a subset of all other atheists.

I'm an atheistic agnostic. I am non-religious and don't worship or follow any gods/goddesses (that's what "atheist" means). The extended embroidery on the definition that both you and Uncensored have engaged in is simply inaccurate.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2][3] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.

Last edited:

I'm an atheistic agnostic. I am non-religious and don't worship or follow any gods/goddesses (that's what "atheist" means). The extended embroidery on the definition that both you and Uncensored have engaged in is simply inaccurate.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2][3] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.

Why is it innacurate? The asshole atheist is still an atheist, he or she is just butthurt over something or other, and thus has to impose thier belief structure on everyone else.

Where did I say all atheists are asshole atheists?

Why is it innacurate? The asshole atheist is still an atheist, he or she is just butthurt over something or other, and thus has to impose thier belief structure on everyone else.

Where did I say all atheists are asshole atheists?

The overwhelming majority of atheists, while we may not believe in anything that you do, are pretty quiet about it. After all, there is really no reason for us to speak up and deal with discrimination as a result of our views.

It could be that I just haven't run into Atheists who don't want to crush the civil rights of others. (Skull Pilot may be one.)

Then you would equally agree applying that epithet to the latter too? :rolleyes:

Half of my life I was threatened by Atheists. Those weren't party favors on the tips of Soviet Missiles.

Now I have NEVER been threatened by a Christian over my religion, or lack of - neither have you.

Haha, good thing history disagrees with you, once again the only evidence you have to offer is that forcing an idea on ANYONE is the wrong way to go.

Which doesn't support your conclusion.

Then you would equally agree applying that epithet to the latter too? :rolleyes:

The point is, Scheiß Mause, all you've done is switch deities from "Jesus" or "Muhammad" to "Nogod." It isn't an improvement. You're still a fanatic shoving your faith down the throats of others.

Atheists don't threaten people w/ damnation if they don't agree w/ them. :eusa_hand: Care to try again? :eusa_whistle:

You godwinned this sumbitch on post #5? A telling sign of logical weakness.

godwins-law1.png

The leftist/Atheists godwinned it before the thread started.

I take it you don't know what Godwin's Law means. First to mention Nazis or Hitler is the one who invoked Godwin's law.

The level of bigotry by the left is astounding, not since 1929 have we seen this kind of open intolerance.

I know just look at all the atheists claiming Christians are an inferior race of people and blaming them for the country's economic problems. Oh wait that's not happening.

Atheists don't threaten people w/ damnation if they don't agree w/ them. :eusa_hand: Care to try again? :eusa_whistle:

Why would any rational person give a damn about threats of that which they don't believe in?

How utterly stupid does one have to be, to be threatened by a hell that they claim they don't believe exists?

Atheists murder 250 million people when they are in charge. Christians say that non-Christians will go to bad part of magic land in an after-life.

Yet you fear the second one?

No wonder you voted for Obama.

Forum List

Back