Atheists Win: Santa Monica City Council Votes to End Religious Displays

btw, I enjoy the displays and wish believers would get more rational and stop lying and looking to sue all the time....

When Christians Lie

December 15, 2011|By Rick Rojas, Los Angeles Times
Atheist groups objected to churches' use of the public Palisades Park to espouse a religious message and applied to the city of Santa Monica for their own spaces.

To keep it fair and legal, officials in the famously liberal city turned to a lottery to dole out spots in the prime location along Ocean Avenue.

The atheists turned out to be the lucky ones: Of the 21 plots in the park open for displays, they won 18. A Jewish group that sets up a menorah won another.
In Santa Monica, battle over Christmas displays takes a new twist - Los Angeles Times

Santa Monica postpones decision on Nativity displays
February 29, 2012 | 8:38 am

Santa Monica postpones decision on Nativity displays - latimes.com

Santa Monica to ban private, unattended displays at park
The city's new policy will address the dispute between atheists and Christian groups over the nearly six-decade-old tradition of Nativity scenes at Palisades Park.

June 14, 2012|By Martha Groves, Los Angeles Times

Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said vandals had shredded and ripped down the banner her group had hung at the park in December. The banner began: "At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail."

---

meanwhile, the Christians keep lying and using propaganda "...announced to the world that religious freedom can be sought elsewhere but not in Santa Monica." what bullshit.

Last edited:
Jews weren't allowed displays either, then they were, now they're not.
And the Atheist groups did have displays, and then some of the groups chose not to actually use their space.

Christians were NEVER excluded. All other beliefs were. Now no one is.

The City of Santa Monica held a lottery for the first time this fall to allocate the temporary spaces in the city park, when 13 individuals applied for the available holiday display sites.

One space went to a Jewish organization, two went to churches, and 18 more were awarded to individuals whose stated intentions were “solstice greetings.”

Now the church group is angry that their crèches remain in storage, while most of the spots awarded to atheists sit vacant.

“Our belief is that these new applicants have been working to displace and push out the nativity scenes from the park, rather than erecting a full display of their own,” said Hunter Jameson, a spokesman for the churches, in an interview with the Santa Monica Daily Press.

Atheist Group Ousts Church Christmas Displays From Santa Monica Park « CBS Los Angeles

The "atheist group" isn't even from Santa Monica. They are on a mission to get rid of all Christmas/holiday/seasonal displays, and you defend them?

Regardless of the haters and their apologists, there is no denying the "War on Christmas".

Athiests aren't just happy in their own non-beliefs...

They want to force their non-beliefs down the throats of Christians...

Do Atheists force statements of non belief on our money and pledge of allegiance?
Do Atheists insist that schools state that god does not exist?
Do Atheists knock on your door trying to stop you from believing in god

Annie Laurie Gaylor, co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, said vandals had shredded and ripped down the banner her group had hung at the park in December. The banner began: "At this season of the winter solstice, may reason prevail."

Link? Don't call me a liar. I read three articles on this and vandalism was never mentioned. Liar.

I never said the war was won. Just another battle. Hey bode - how about "public housing"?

---

Atheist Group Ousts Church Christmas Displays From Santa Monica Park « CBS Los Angeles

The "atheist group" isn't even from Santa Monica. They are on a mission to get rid of all Christmas/holiday/seasonal displays, and you defend them?

Regardless of the haters and their apologists, there is no denying the "War on Christmas".

Do Atheists force statements of non belief on our money and pledge of allegiance?

Dr. Louse is a known dooshbagh...

He is a hypocritical believer of superstition when it suits his purpose

Even the L.A. Times recognizes the "battle":

The debate in Santa Monica is one of several current disputes in the United States — and one of hundreds of such "seasonal violations" that atheist organizations have responded to in recent years. In Texas and Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, atheists are waging similar battles against Christmas scenes in government-owned places.

The debate in Santa Monica is one of several current disputes in the United States — and one of hundreds of such "seasonal violations" that atheist organizations have responded to in recent years. In Texas and Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, atheists are waging similar battles against Christmas scenes in government-owned places.

against Christmas scenes in government-owned places is not against Christmas. :laugh2:

and you are now a proven liar as well as a pathetic believer with false beliefs and phoney faith

Posted by chanel
Link? Don't call me a liar. I read three articles on this and vandalism was never mentioned. Liar.

City Atty. Marsha Jones Moutrie told the council that city staff members had received physical and legal threats as they contemplated ways to address the issue. Several employees received a form email that read: "Isn't the Internet a great invention…?! Not only do I know who you are; I know what you did; where you work; what you look like, and where you live. Sincerely, The Creche."

against Christmas scenes in government-owned places is not against Christmas. :laugh2:

and you are now a proven liar as well as a pathetic believer with false beliefs and phoney faith

Posted by chanel

City Atty. Marsha Jones Moutrie told the council that city staff members had received physical and legal threats as they contemplated ways to address the issue. Several employees received a form email that read: "Isn't the Internet a great invention…?! Not only do I know who you are; I know what you did; where you work; what you look like, and where you live. Sincerely, The Creche."

linked and closed.

See the part I bolded and enlarged?

See the part I bolded and enlarged?

this Chanel character is a proven liar and a lying Christian is capable of most anything. careful, they have gawd on their side :laugh2:

Off of - yes... That's forcing non-belief...

Out of - yes... That's forcing non-belief...

Maybe... They do it to you on the streets, though...

Bunch of haters, those athiests... Always trying to push their non-beliefs on us citizens...

Plus their goofy beliefs in Santa and blinking-nosed reindeer... :cuckoo:

Dr. Louse is a known dooshbagh...

He is a hypocritical believer of superstition when it suits his purpose

And Dainty is just a gay poofter trying to spread the news of his non-belief...

As if people gave a fuck what Dainty thought...:lol:

this Chanel character is a proven liar and a lying Christian is capable of most anything. careful, they have gawd on their side :laugh2:

I don't find Chanel to be a liar....passionate, yes.

well, she lied right here and the evidence is above.

you may like her, but that is no defense

What did she lie about? The vandalism? Why don't you sue her.

Do you think there is a war on Christianity in the USA?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back