California Atheists prevail on xmas in Santa Monica

YOu should win some sort of prize for posting the stupidest comment of the day.

Why should I take your prize away from you?

Having non-Christian displays in a public park is in NO FUCKING WAY remotely like burning millions of people to death in ovens.

Focus, dumbfuck. Prior to Kristallnacht, the oppression was not violent, just acts such as blocking the celebration of holidays and such....

I can't believe that there are actually morons on the internet stupid enough to require these sorts of explanations.

I can't believe that you're so stupid and petty that you actually think your post is rational.

The Atheists have every right to push their silly religion, but the act of blocking Christmas displays is one of bigotry and intolerance.

Now what group is famous for religious intolerance? Care to make a guess, sparky?

Focus, dumbfuck. Prior to Kristallnacht, the oppression was not violent, just acts such as blocking the celebration of holidays and such....

Winning a lottery for Christmas displays in a park = blocking people's right to celebrate Christmas? Damn. Can you feed yourself, or does your aide do that for you? I wouldn't want you to eat motor oil by mistake or something.

YOu should win some sort of prize for posting the stupidest comment of the day.

Why should I take your prize away from you?

Having non-Christian displays in a public park is in NO FUCKING WAY remotely like burning millions of people to death in ovens.

I can't believe that there are actually morons on the internet stupid enough to require these sorts of explanations.

I can't believe that you're so stupid and petty that you actually think your post is rational.

The Atheists have every right to push their silly religion, but the act of blocking Christmas displays is one of bigotry and intolerance.

Now what group is famous for religious intolerance? Care to make a guess, sparky?
Seriously, Uncensored, there are a lot of things the Nazis did that many practice today. Propaganda, is the obvious one. That doesn't mean that those who use the tools of propaganda are Nazis.

I find propaganda distasteful, but I can't equate that to Nazism.

Winning a lottery for Christmas displays in a park = blocking people's right to celebrate Christmas?

Clearly you're dull witted. Still, even a dolt like you should be able to grasp that the reason the Atheists put in hundreds of bids was to block the displays by competing religions.

Damn. Can you feed yourself, or does your aide do that for you? I wouldn't want you to eat motor oil by mistake or something.

So, were you born retarded, or is this all the result of head trauma?

Well, I think the Christians should get back at the Athiests. And here's how they should do it:

They should live their faith. They should love their neighbors more. They should serve others. They should bless those that curse them. They should be honest, upright, just, full of sincerity and humility.

That would really show them.

Well, I think the Christians should get back at the Athiests. And here's how they should do it:

They should live their faith. They should love their neighbors more. They should serve others. They should bless those that curse them. They should be honest, upright, just, full of sincerity and humility.

That would really show them.

This is one of those things that Mormons are more likely to get right than Evangelicals for some reason. I wonder if it's because Mormons actually have a history of being persecuted in this country (and most evangelicals don't even grasp what persecution really is)?

of the Atheists in wanting to piss all over the traditions and holidays of the Christians. This is EXACTLY the way Anti-Semites behaved before Kristallnact.

YOu should win some sort of prize for posting the stupidest comment of the day. Having non-Christian displays in a public park is in NO FUCKING WAY remotely like burning millions of people to death in ovens.

believe it

Seems like pretty basic freedom of speech to me.

Next year if the number of christian applicants increases, they'll have more spots from the lottery.

No big whoop.

Yes, we should always applaud gaming the system so as to show those overbearing Christians who's boss. :cuckoo:

This time of year is significant to them. Is it really helpful to be antagonistic and nasty towards believers because they want to share something really important to them with the community?

I mean, seriously. Christmas is one day. Atheists have 365 days to express their views, but doing it over the top of Christians seems a little like overkill.

Yes, I get that non-believers are significantly outnumbered in America (this was illustrated all too clearly to me while participating in singing Christmas carols last night at the local high school's "Holiday Concert." They threw in 2 Jewish songs to appease the non-Christian masses, and everything else was from a Christian tradition, for the most part.

(It was a little awkward for the Jewish participants, to say the least--and there were quite a few of them)

But...I don't think that engaging in tit for tat is how you win hearts and influence people.

And if ppl are offended, and it's a christian society, next year they'll have more applicants for the lottery and get their spots back.

I have 3 idiotic christian billboards on the block of the building i work at, 1 is an anti-evolution billboard, the other 2 are essentially telling you that you'll go to hell for not believing in the Bible. I have to put up with that under freedom of speech just like Santa Monica christians have to put with these displays.

Like i said, no big whoop. The billboards I see or the displays in the article.

billboards are to freedom of speech as muenster cheese is to raquetball

Their shamelessness is the worst part of it all.

The butt-hurt is strong in this one....

I have a suggestion, if you don't want Atheists viewed as fascists assholes, have the Atheists stop acting like fascists assholes.

They have a right to their silly-assed religion, so do the Christians. The Westboro Baptists are a blemish on Christianity - the entire Atheist religion acts like the Westboro Baptists

I have a suggestion, if you don't want Atheists viewed as fascists assholes, have the Atheists stop acting like fascists assholes.

They have a right to their silly-assed religion, so do the Christians. The Westboro Baptists are a blemish on Christianity - the entire Atheist religion acts like the Westboro Baptists
What? I know tons of atheists and they are nothing like Westboro.

Too bad we don't have more concerned citizens like my friends in Cali :cool: :mm: :eusa_boohoo:
Atheist Messages Displace California Park Nativity Scenes | Fox News
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Atheist messages have displaced most of the Christmas nativity scenes that local churches had placed in a California park for nearly six decades, and the churches say it was a coordinated attack.

Fox News. Big surprise.

Actually if you read the byline its from the Associated Press.

You are blaming an ENTIRE group of people who don't belong to any organization on the acts of a few.

You are blaming an ENTIRE group of people who don't belong to any organization on the acts of a few.

No.

Atheists Sue Over Cross in World Trade Center Museum - ABC News

"We observe today not a victory of party, but a celebration of freedom – symbolizing an end, as well as a beginning – signifying renewal, as well as change. For I have sworn before you and Almighty God the same solemn oath our forebears prescribed nearly a century and three quarters ago." - John F. Kennedy - Banned by Yorba Linda USD based on suit by Atheists

Church and State « TheScroogeReport

Eyes Over Arizona: AZ Gov. Brewer fights atheists' suit against Arizona 'Day of Prayer'

Atheist sues over Jesus in newsletter | MadMikesAmerica

American Atheists | Atheist Sues For Grant Refund From Landmark Cross

Atheists are assholes, fascist pricks dedicated to crushing competing religions. No different than the Catholic Church in 1200 AD.

Forum List

Back