California as a warning for America

and what state is asking for help right now?....can you figure that out,or do you need help?.........

Tell us...what state is asking for help....besides help in doing what the Feds were supposed to be doing all along, which is protecting our border.

Arnie asking for 8 billion dollars? Not for the borders, I assure you that, Bo.

Link? And 8 billion? Whatever for....that's like me asking for a 8 dollar loan....paltry.

....or friggin' Barstow! :lol:

Hemet's actually very nice...but wouldn't want to live in Baker.

my mother-in-law lives in Hemet Bo....it aint that nice....lots of gangs are moving that way....and crime has increased over the last 10 years....cheap housing yes....living environment,if you dont think its bad...go for it....

Not a lot of employment in Hemet, Harry. Think how far you would need to comute everyday. :lol:

GARDEN GROVE GREENE TWEED 8 11/9/2012
TUSTIN ASSURANT SPECIALTY PROPERTY 3 11/9/2012
LOS ANGELES UNITED 11 11/9/2011
SAN FRANCISCO UNITED 9 11/9/2011
ORANGE LENNOX HEARTH PRODUCTS, INC. 1 12/31/2010
MONROVIA WORLEYPARSONS GROUP INC. 30 12/9/2010
SAN DIEGO THE SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE, LLC 116 11/9/2010
ORANGE ASSURANT SPECIALTY PROPERTY 2 6/30/2010
SANTA ANA ASSURANT SPECIALTY PROPERTY 2 6/30/2010
FREMONT NEW UNITED MOTOR MANUFACTURING, INC (NUMMI) 3,764 4/1/2010

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11163406

That is the California layoff database which companies with 75 or more employees by California law are required to post notice too, 60 days prior to a layoff. California is in trouble and I don't think this is any surprise to anyone, but what I do find surprising is that it's ills some based on the legislation that is now being considered for national implementation should serve as a warning, not as a model.

Yeah...that's why Blue states get bailed out so much by the Federal government................oops.

and what state is asking for help right now?....can you figure that out,or do you need help?.........

Tell us...what state is asking for help....besides help in doing what the Feds were supposed to be doing all along, which is protecting our border.

thats not all this state is asking for help for.....see folks THIS is a typical California voter....REFUSES to see what the hell the problems are and just keeps plodding along doing the same FUCKING things over and over....thanks Bo for being the example today in our class.....OUR STATE Bo has been asking the feds for help because the State is going down the tubes...we have major unemployment something like 11-12%....that has jack shit to do with protecting the border.....Companies are bailing,jobs are going....even some of the Illegals are leaving cause they cant find jobs here....what the hell is it going to take?....a total collapse of this state before these people wake the fuck up....

Last edited:
...that liberals cannot seem to understand that the effects of liberal policies in one government will be repeated when those same policies are adopted by a second government. History repeats itself. If you combine the same ingredients under the same conditions you will get the same results you did last time.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Link? And 8 billion? Whatever for....that's like me asking for a 8 dollar loan....paltry.

LINK?....geezus turn on the news once in a while.....Meister lives in Idaho and he knows about this....why dont you?.....8 bill is paltry?.....like i said Bo your a typical California voter....these people are destroying your once great state....and you either cant or refuse to see whats happening,or you do and you just cant be bothered.....after all....American Idol starts in a few weeks....just keep looking the other way Bo....it will hit ya sooner or later.....

...that liberals cannot seem to understand that the effects of liberal policies in one government will be repeated when those same policies are adopted by a second government. History repeats itself. If you combine the same ingredients under the same conditions you will get the same results you did last time.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

there is nothing wrong with a little liberalism as long as you dont let it get out of hand like the entitlement programs have here in Ca....helping those in need is a noble thing,as long as you dont let those your helping make a living out of being helped....there comes a time when you have to say...ENOUGH...and the Legislature and Special Interest Groups in Ca.....dont know the meaning of ENOUGH or NO...

thats not all this state is asking for help for.....see folks THIS is a typical California voter....REFUSES to see what the hell the problems are and just keeps plodding along doing the same FUCKING things over and over....thanks Bo for being the example today in our class.....OUR STATE Bo has been asking the feds for help because the State is going down the tubes...we have major unemployment something like 11-12%....that has jack shit to do with protecting the border.....Companies are bailing,jobs are going....even some of the Illegals are leaving cause they cant find jobs here....what the hell is it going to take?....a total collapse of this state before these people wake the fuck up....

Um....I cannot help but notice that you have provided NO LINK YET at to where California is asking for Fed help....I've seen a figure (8 billion), but no link. Does it exist at all? Inquiring minds want to know.

LINK?....geezus turn on the news once in a while.....Meister lives in Idaho and he knows about this....why dont you?.....8 bill is paltry?.....like i said Bo your a typical California voter....these people are destroying your once great state....and you either cant or refuse to see whats happening,or you do and you just cant be bothered.....after all....American Idol starts in a few weeks....just keep looking the other way Bo....it will hit ya sooner or later.....

A link? (third request)

California's problem was quite simple: They had a legislature that didn't want to cut programs and also didn't want to raise taxes. Each "side" refused to compromise.

In other words: Gridlock. Welcome to the New America and enjoy swimming in the standing water.

Still waiting for a link to California asking for Federal money. fourth request.

Are you too stupid to use Google? For the Love of God, you could have done this...Oh yeah...I like other people to do my work for me mindset. Typical...

Schwarzenegger to seek federal help for California budget
Facing another huge deficit, the governor wants $8 billion
or threatens massive cuts in social services. He also plans to renew push for offshore oil drilling.
By Shane Goldmacher and Evan Halper

December 23, 2009

Reporting from Sacramento - Facing a budget deficit of more than $20 billion, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to call for deep reductions in already suffering local mass transit programs, renew his push to expand oil drilling off the Santa Barbara coast and appeal to Washington for billions of dollars in federal help, according to state officials and lobbyists familiar with the plan.

If Washington does not provide roughly $8 billion in new aid for the state, the governor threatens to severely cut back -- if not eliminate -- CalWORKS, the state's main welfare program; the In-Home Health Care Services program for the disabled and elderly poor, and two tax breaks for large corporations recently approved by the Legislature, the officials said.

Schwarzenegger to seek federal help for California budget - latimes.com

Read it and weep, Bo....next time try doing your own damn research, moron!

Last edited:
Still waiting for a link to California asking for Federal money. fourth request.

Are you too stupid to use Google? For the Love of God, you could have done this...Oh yeah...I like other people to do my work for me mindset. Typical...

or threatens massive cuts in social services. He also plans to renew push for offshore oil drilling.

December 23, 2009

Reporting from Sacramento - Facing a budget deficit of more than $20 billion, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to call for deep reductions in already suffering local mass transit programs, renew his push to expand oil drilling off the Santa Barbara coast and appeal to Washington for billions of dollars in federal help, according to state officials and lobbyists familiar with the plan.

If Washington does not provide roughly $8 billion in new aid for the state, the governor threatens to severely cut back -- if not eliminate -- CalWORKS, the state's main welfare program; the In-Home Health Care Services program for the disabled and elderly poor, and two tax breaks for large corporations recently approved by the Legislature, the officials said.

Actually, I have been reading up...just wanted to see you would put up....or just whine some more....
I've highlighted my favorite parts of your linked story....

alifornia is once again asking Washington for help with its growing budget woes.

The state is $20.7 billion in the hole and has pretty serious structural problems that make it unlikely it will fix itself anytime soon.

Last summer, state officials were turned down hard after going hat in hand to the White House, warning of a dire situation if the state's budget hole wasn't addressed soon.

This time, Sacramento isn't using the b-word, instead calling any federal bailout a needed "investment."

"No one is looking for a bailout. We're looking for an investment," said Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, adding that the state needs to "fight" for more money.

California already has received just over $8 billion in federal stimulus dollars that helped the state close the budget deficit last year. On Friday, Schwarzenegger will release his initial budget proposal for the next fiscal year, and the Legislative Analyst's Office already has called on state leaders to "aggressively seek new federal assistance" to help close the projected deficit.
California Seeking Federal Bailout - Planet Money Blog : NPR

Detroit's troubles are forcing some communities to attempt an auto bailout of their own: propping up their local car dealerships.

Two California towns, hoping to preserve jobs and tax revenue, are bailing out local car dealers that are struggling to stay afloat amid tight credit markets and plunging demand for new vehicles.

Victorville, a desert town on the main highway between Las Vegas and Los Angeles, recently approved a $200,000 loan to Victorville Motors, a 40-year-old family-owned dealer in the town's auto park. Norco, east of Los Angeles in the so-called Inland Empire, has approved loans of $500,000 each to Norco Mazda and Frahm Dodge. A third city, Redlands, is mulling over a financial-assistance proposal for its new- and used-car dealers.
California Towns Bail Out Auto Dealerships - WSJ.com

Recipient Reported Data Map

Just a few....

alifornia is once again asking Washington for help with its growing budget woes.

The state is $20.7 billion in the hole and has pretty serious structural problems that make it unlikely it will fix itself anytime soon.

Last summer, state officials were turned down hard after going hat in hand to the White House, warning of a dire situation if the state's budget hole wasn't addressed soon.

This time, Sacramento isn't using the b-word, instead calling any federal bailout a needed "investment."

"No one is looking for a bailout. We're looking for an investment," said Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, adding that the state needs to "fight" for more money.

California already has received just over $8 billion in federal stimulus dollars that helped the state close the budget deficit last year. On Friday, Schwarzenegger will release his initial budget proposal for the next fiscal year, and the Legislative Analyst's Office already has called on state leaders to "aggressively seek new federal assistance" to help close the projected deficit.

Detroit's troubles are forcing some communities to attempt an auto bailout of their own: propping up their local car dealerships.

Two California towns, hoping to preserve jobs and tax revenue, are bailing out local car dealers that are struggling to stay afloat amid tight credit markets and plunging demand for new vehicles.

Victorville, a desert town on the main highway between Las Vegas and Los Angeles, recently approved a $200,000 loan to Victorville Motors, a 40-year-old family-owned dealer in the town's auto park. Norco, east of Los Angeles in the so-called Inland Empire, has approved loans of $500,000 each to Norco Mazda and Frahm Dodge. A third city, Redlands, is mulling over a financial-assistance proposal for its new- and used-car dealers.

Just a few....

Victorville is the Federal government?

December 23, 2009

Actually, I have been reading up...just wanted to see you would put up....or just whine some more....

And your point being......? You think the democrats of your once great state will let that happen with oil drilling.:lol::lol: Next time Bo, try not be such a twit with your wanting info. you come across looking embarrassingly stupid.

December 23, 2009

And your point being......? You think the democrats of your once great state will let that happen with oil drilling.:lol::lol: Next time Bo, try not be such a twit with your wanting info. you come across looking embarrassingly stupid.

The funny thing is....California remembers all too well what can happen with off shore drilling. All we have to do is look back to Santa Barbara. I have a friend who grew up on Signal Hill and remembers the blow-outs. In order to get a little more oil, is the rest of this country willing to come in and help clean up our messes afterwards?

No? Didn't think so.

And for you to say I look stupid is quite the compliment....considering that it only comes from your partisan vapidity.

Just a few....

Victorville is the Federal government?

No but why did Victorville have to come up with that money in the first place? would it be because as part of the deal struck with the auto companies to get auto bailout deal that these dealerships were put on the chopping block? I gave you a few examples of Federal money going to california, but can give you more, if you like...

According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s Consolidated Federal Funds Report for fiscal
year 2002, total federal expenditures in California rose to $206 billion
.. Census.gov

That was 8 years ago and thats 9% higher than it was the previous year, what is really striking is that California has Federal tax surplus because of the extremly high tax burden in the state which has gone down, however if that Federal surplus, were directed into a state budget that was managed properly and less spent on the sheer volume of programs that California gets from the Federal Govt. then you know something, it may just be better off, my state has the same problems as California, just not as large. In my state we had a Gov. that had a bad habit of underfunding the states rainy day fund and over funding social services while losing tax base, that same person is now everyones Homeland Security Director. So yes, California takes a lot of money from the Federal Govt. and gives a lot in return but is terribly managed and very over regulated and that is why you have a state that is bleeding money and business.

The funny thing is....California remembers all too well what can happen with off shore drilling. All we have to do is look back to Santa Barbara. I have a friend who grew up on Signal Hill and remembers the blow-outs. In order to get a little more oil, is the rest of this country willing to come in and help clean up our messes afterwards?

No? Didn't think so.

And for you to say I look stupid is quite the compliment....considering that it only comes from your partisan vapidity.

Yeah right...in all the papers, on the news, and you ask a stupid question. Just the partisans can pick up on stupidity, huh? :lol:

Forum List

Back