California as a warning for America

California is screwed up becasue hey have a repbulican gov. :)

Thank you!!! They never mention Arnold, do they??

Well, you people don't know what the hell you're talking about. You make it sound as though there is some kind of evil here. I was born and raised in Hollywood and my life was not very different from my cousins, who grew up in upstate NY. Only that they froze to death in all the snow and I had more fun places to go on the weekends. Other than that, there was no difference.

Why do you people continually pass judgment on things you know absolutely nothing about???

Still waiting for a link to California asking for Federal money. fourth request.

Are you too stupid to use Google? For the Love of God, you could have done this...Oh yeah...I like other people to do my work for me mindset. Typical...

Schwarzenegger to seek federal help for California budget
Facing another huge deficit, the governor wants $8 billion
or threatens massive cuts in social services. He also plans to renew push for offshore oil drilling.
By Shane Goldmacher and Evan Halper

December 23, 2009

Reporting from Sacramento - Facing a budget deficit of more than $20 billion, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is expected to call for deep reductions in already suffering local mass transit programs, renew his push to expand oil drilling off the Santa Barbara coast and appeal to Washington for billions of dollars in federal help, according to state officials and lobbyists familiar with the plan.

If Washington does not provide roughly $8 billion in new aid for the state, the governor threatens to severely cut back -- if not eliminate -- CalWORKS, the state's main welfare program; the In-Home Health Care Services program for the disabled and elderly poor, and two tax breaks for large corporations recently approved by the Legislature, the officials said.

Schwarzenegger to seek federal help for California budget - latimes.com

Read it and weep, Bo....next time try doing your own damn research, moron!

Actually, I have been reading up...just wanted to see you would put up....or just whine some more....
I've highlighted my favorite parts of your linked story....
ok now that you highlighted your favorite parts.....what about em?....

The real scary thing is that if we don't get fiscal conservatives in the house, senate and the White House, the same damn thing is going to happen to the other 49 states.

Maggie, where I think the 8 billion comes from is the letter the Gov. wrote and put in the Times requesting 8 billion dollars for a Federal bailout seperate from the Stimulus to help with Californias budget crisis. Theres no doubt California has received a lot of money from the Stimulus program and from the California lay-off web page I posted it does not seem have helped much. Stimulus does not include additional funding in "defense" bills, as well as others that Calfornia benefits from, as I said before in 02 alone they received over 200 billion from the Federal Govt. , the interesting thing is that the citizens there are taxed so heavily that they give back more than they put in and yet they still have a budget problem of almost 24 billion to the point where the state is on the verge of bankruptcy. California is a lesson in what NOT to do when it comes to governing, as is my state.

I confess I haven't read up on exactly why California got itself into such a mess. In any event, $85 billion was certainly a good jumping off point to fix their myriad fiscal problems, so I'm concerned they're now coming back for another $8 billion.

A lot of our mess is the state paying out for the millions of illegals the Feds let in. Seriously. Our schools are overcrowded, our streets are overcrowded, our hospitals are overcrowded...and the tax base of those who actually pay taxes cause we're here legally is being crushed.

and did the feds force LA and San Fran to become "sanctuary cities"?

Zona, did you notice that none of these geniuses have shown where they are from??? I'm sure their states are grateful for small favors.

Yes, after Gray Davis the democrat was recalled and left Arnold with the bill.

Geez. The hypocrisy. Arnold has had 6 years to fix things and you are defending him??? Yet Obama is only coming up on a year, in the presidency, and he should have cleaned up the mess it took 8 years for Republicans to make???

I am really beginning to think that Republicans, right wingers, bag heads, conservatives, or whatever the hell you call yourselves, are very unstable and dangerous. Thank God you are not the majority and probably never will be again ever.

I confess I haven't read up on exactly why California got itself into such a mess. In any event, $85 billion was certainly a good jumping off point to fix their myriad fiscal problems, so I'm concerned they're now coming back for another $8 billion.

A lot of our mess is the state paying out for the millions of illegals the Feds let in. Seriously. Our schools are overcrowded, our streets are overcrowded, our hospitals are overcrowded...and the tax base of those who actually pay taxes cause we're here legally is being crushed.

No, neither did the state. The cities were stupid.

Thank God you are not the majority and probably never will be again ever.

yea because whats happening in this state makes me feel so happy for Democrats being in charge.....another typical California VOTER....you non-Cali folks getting the idea yet of why this state is going under?....

No, neither did the state. The cities were stupid.

Cities aren't stupid, people are stupid...get the hint now?

yea because whats happening in this state makes me feel so happy for Democrats being in charge.....another typical California VOTER....you non-Cali folks getting the idea yet of why this state is going under?....

On October 8, 2003, California's voters elected Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor of California to straighten out the State's budget crisis. Back then, he said this:

"Today California has given me the greatest gift of all: You've given me your trust by voting for me. I will do everything I can to live up to that trust. I will not fail you."

So don't blame anybody but him that he did not succeed..

Yes, after Gray Davis the democrat was recalled and left Arnold with the bill.

Geez. The hypocrisy. Arnold has had 6 years to fix things and you are defending him??? Yet Obama is only coming up on a year, in the presidency, and he should have cleaned up the mess it took 8 years for Republicans to make???

I am really beginning to think that Republicans, right wingers, bag heads, conservatives, or whatever the hell you call yourselves, are very unstable and dangerous. Thank God you are not the majority and probably never will be again ever.

Arnold thought it was wise to work with the Democrats in Sacramento. I remember him saying this would be his policy.

How did he know that they would intentionally screw up the state's economy. One of the Dems in Washington said something similar last month.....something about tweeking the regulations causing prices to rise and in effect lowering consumption by the consumer.

I remember once when they were meeting in the California State Capital everyone overheard them talking point blank about screwing things up ...that it would assure a victory in the next election....problem was their meeting was accidentally being broadcast over the Public Announcement system so everyone in the building heard them....till a staffer ran up to the chamber and alerted them to this fact.

They later claimed it was just a joke.:eusa_liar:

Arnold is the governor. Nobody else. Why are you giving him a free pass?? As if I didn't know.

The California State Legislature currently has a Democratic majority, with the Senate consisting of 25 Democrats and 15 Republicans; and the Assembly having 49 Democrats, 29 Republicans, 1 Independent, and 1 vacancy. Except for the period from 1995 to 1996, the Assembly has been in Democratic hands since the 1970 election

As long as everyone is talking about reponsiblity, and yes the Gov. has responsibility for the condition of the state that his policies have effected both good and bad since his election. However, California has been a state for the most part run by the Democrats for almost 40 years. Perhaps, if the situation in California is to change it would take actual change rather than more of the same and expecting change to happen.

On October 8, 2003, California's voters elected Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor of California to straighten out the State's budget crisis. Back then, he said this:

"Today California has given me the greatest gift of all: You've given me your trust by voting for me. I will do everything I can to live up to that trust. I will not fail you."

So don't blame anybody but him that he did not succeed..
another example of a typical California voter....its ALL Arnies fault.....
who does he have to work with in Sacramento?.....yea i figured,you have no clue...do ya...and i think it has already been well established that Arnie caved in to those people 6 months into his term.....the same god damed people who have been fucking this state for the last decade....but Rinata you just keep on going out each election time and just keep on voting those same incompetent basterds back in.....because being a typical clueless apathetical California voter,i would not expect anything less of you....

Arnold is the governor. Nobody else. Why are you giving him a free pass?? As if I didn't know.

do you folks see what kind of voter is out here?....here they are....this dumb ass cant see that Arnie has now become one of the ASSHOLES screwing up this state.....this individual will go into a voting booth with the attitude..."well its Arnies fault,all these other people cant get nothing done with him as Gov."......and vote for all the same incompetent jerks again....and walk out totally oblivious as to what she just did.....as Mr. Spock would say...."FASCINATING"....

Harry, look who your talking about....rinata, bo, wry....hell, if hitler, or Mao were democrats they would vote for them, too.
These ARE the people who got Ca. in trouble. They know arnie is a RINO, but it's that "R". They forget that arnie doesn't legistlate, he just signs. it's the party in power with Ca. and that would be DEMOCRATS. They are the ones that LEGISLATE all the bullshit that gets passed in Ca.

The California State Legislature currently has a Democratic majority, with the Senate consisting of 25 Democrats and 15 Republicans; and the Assembly having 49 Democrats, 29 Republicans, 1 Independent, and 1 vacancy. Except for the period from 1995 to 1996, the Assembly has been in Democratic hands since the 1970 election

As long as everyone is talking about reponsiblity, and yes the Gov. has responsibility for the condition of the state that his policies have effected both good and bad since his election. However, California has been a state for the most part run by the Democrats for almost 40 years. Perhaps, if the situation in California is to change it would take actual change rather than more of the same and expecting change to happen.
They need to start by recinding the redistricting they did several years ago. That assured that there would be no change in the party makeup of each district.

Forum List

Back