California as a warning for America

well when "bo" gets through saying goodbye to everybody who's gonna pay taxes in california??? doyathink? arnie has been on the tv begging for handouts again.. but all is well in california huh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

well when "bo" gets through saying goodbye to everybody who's gonna pay taxes in california??? doyathink? arnie has been on the tv begging for handouts again.. but all is well in california huh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, willow, no one said that "all is well" in California...but we will get thru this. One sign that things could turn around soon is the housing market. It's starting to improve again. But one good thing about the past down swing...the whiners and the haters, as usual, are the first to jump ship and leave. That is nothing if not a good thing for California.

Well, willow, no one said that "all is well" in California...but we will get thru this. One sign that things could turn around soon is the housing market. It's starting to improve again. But one good thing about the past down swing...the whiners and the haters, as usual, are the first to jump ship and leave. That is nothing if not a good thing for California.

You got me there, Bo. I didn't know I hated Ca. until I left. Then I found out how much I hated it. I'm living the dream these days.

You got me there, Bo. I didn't know I hated Ca. until I left. Then I found out how much I hated it. I'm living the dream these days.

You're still not here, right? Things are looking up.

You're still not here, right? Things are looking up.

Indeed they are....indeed they are

its hard to live in Ca. when you retire Bo.....many of the people who have left are retirees who have lived a long time here,but cant afford the place in retirement....and that is a shame....and is not right...

its hard to live in Ca. when you retire Bo.....many of the people who have left are retirees who have lived a long time here,but cant afford the place in retirement....and that is a shame....and is not right...

It is true that many of those I worked with and are now retired have moved out of California. A number of them moved to avoid taxes and live in the Northwest. We haven't and won't. Our kids our still in town, we all live 30 minutes east of San Francisco and can get to The City in less time by BART. I'm in a Giants season ticket package with guys from work, have 49er season tickets with friends who still live in The City and can go to museums, plays, concerts, NBA, NHL and major college sporting and cultural events (CAL, Stanford, St Mary's, SFSU and USF) and even catch a Raider or A's game if they ever get interesting.
This weekend I planned to go Half Moon Bay to watch the Mavericks surf contest (the call didn't go out as expected, but soon it will and I'll be there - it's about a 90 minute drive, and btw, it was 70 degrees there yesterday. Earlier this week my wife and I drove two hours north and spend two nights on the Sonoma Coast, good wine, good cheese, great sea food and a spectacular coast.
I've been to Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, Canada and most of the United States. All have something we enjoyed, and all have many amenities, but very few have anything such as we have in our backyard. Tahoe, Yosemite; Monterey; Santa Cruz; Sausalito, the Delta and Pacific Ocean, the red woods, the wine country - and all can be reached by car in a half day or less. And, did I mention the weather?:cool:

Ame®icano;1887117 said:
The way I see it, whiners stayed in California, and they're still whining...

yep! arnie is on Meet The Press right now whining about the "feds" not doing a damn thing about illegal immigration,, at the same time his state supports two of the biggest sanctuary cities in the nation, what a liar what a hypocrite.. cry to the aclu arnie whydonchya?

So all of you who attack California, please stay home. Shovel the snow, slip on the ice, and in the spring and summer enjoy your twisters and thunder storms and the the named storms sure to come.
WT is absolutely correct, we have gangs and they all have guns, big guns, and use them everyday to kill - of course if you don't sell or buy crack or other drugs you'll be safe; and, isn't it interesting that gangs exist in every state (Nice job Ronnie and Nancy, just say "No" worked really well). It's true our infrastructure is in sad shape, owing to Jarvis and Gann whose greed knew no boundry, and pols who whose common sense (if it exists) is subserviant to the only important issue in their mind - reelection.
And hasn't Arnold done a wonderful job? He should be nominated for an Academy award, best actor as a governor - all act, no substance.

So all of you who attack California, please stay home. Shovel the snow, slip on the ice, and in the spring and summer enjoy your twisters and thunder storms and the the named storms sure to come.
WT is absolutely correct, we have gangs and they all have guns, big guns, and use them everyday to kill - of course if you don't sell or buy crack or other drugs you'll be safe; and, isn't it interesting that gangs exist in every state (Nice job Ronnie and Nancy, just say "No" worked really well). It's true our infrastructure is in sad shape, owing to Jarvis and Gann whose greed knew no boundry, and pols who whose common sense (if it exists) is subserviant to the only important issue in their mind - reelection.
And hasn't Arnold done a wonderful job? He should be nominated for an Academy award, best actor as a governor - all act, no substance.

thank liberals for your sad situation. I'll take your advice and stay here in Florida. It's against the Florida constitution to levy state income taxes,, homes are reasonable and affordable, weather is great most of the time and people are fairly happy.. mostly coming and not too many leaving..

So Arnold is another 'phony' conservative, seems to be a plethora of such creatures. Tell me WT, who are the real conseratives?

PS,
My sister-in-law lives outside Tampa, and we've visited the state many times. Once we rented a car for a week to explore Georgia and S. Carolina, the quote was for $135 for the week, the total cost with Forida taxes was over $400.
Every home in their area has a screened yard, who needs a pet when you have so many bugs to play with, the humidity gives everyone a nice glow, sweat dripping in your sweet tea isn't my idea of gourmet, and there is nothing more interesting than to listen to a Florida Cracker speak.
And, btw, the 'surf' I've seen wouldn't be enough for a Californian to bother waxing their board - size and form matters.

PSS,

I should add we stayed on Amelia Island at a B&B this year, and it was great.

Last edited:
So Arnold is another 'phony' conservative, seems to be a plethora of such creatures. Tell me WT, who are the real conseratives?

arnie is a republican govenor. now tell us what the make up of the legislation is please?

arnie is a republican govenor. now tell us what the make up of the legislation is please?

Sure, the legislature - both the Senate and Assembly - are held by Democrats. But, BUT, the Democrats don't have the 2/3 + 1 necessary to pass a budget alone. The Governor, or governator, has the line item veto, and Arnold has been in office six years. He ran as a fiscal conservative, as have all of his recent predecessors, except for Brown & Gray Davis who was recalled, and it has been feast or famiine here for years.
One huge problem is local government, under Wilson, the state began to raid revenue leaving cities and counties unable to provide basic services.
The problems are manifest, but like the Elephant in the room, largely ignored. The same bull shit that prevents real reform nationally exists here: Ideology v. Pragamtism.

Wry....just say no was working very well....drug use was on the decline....the elder Bush let up on this and it went back up......and Clinton could care less....and Bush the Jr.....well he was doing Drugs himself....just watch Harold and Kumar's 2nd movie....and so far i havent heard Obama even mention drug use....

Wry....just say no was working very well....drug use was on the decline....the elder Bush let up on this and it went back up......and Clinton could care less....and Bush the Jr.....well he was doing Drugs himself....just watch Harold and Kumar's 2nd movie....and so far i havent heard Obama even mention drug use....

You know what, I worked in Law Enforcement from 1972 until I retired in 2005. Just say, "no" and the war on drugs were failures. The gang problem is a graphic example of how large a failure "just say no" was, as well as the so-called war on drugs.
If you really want to rewrite history better stick with a time before all living people were born, otherwise you risk being called a bull shitter.

Just saw Arnie on TV crying about no money and he needs more money from Obama. Said he's only getting 78% back on every dollar given. Well, this is what's known as redistribution of wealth. This is what the far left is wanting....I guess until they see it implemented.
Arnie must have read my post on how to fix Ca., because he stated pretty much what I had typed in my post....it just shows you this stuff really isn't rocket science at all, just some common sense. Must be that all these "really smart" politicians just over think policies. :lol:

Just saw Arnie on TV crying about no money and he needs more money from Obama. Said he's only getting 78% back on every dollar given. Well, this is what's known as redistribution of wealth. This is what the far left is wanting....I guess until they see it implemented.
Arnie must have read my post on how to fix Ca., because he stated pretty much what I had typed in my post....it just shows you this stuff really isn't rocket science at all, just some common sense. Must be that all these "really smart" politicians just over think policies. :lol:

"Common sense" has left the building (and my state and the nation). It has been replaced by partisan ideology - on the far right and on the far left - leaving those of us (the majority) sick of politics, politicians and hypocrites.
As an agnostic this may seem surprising to suggest, but I'm of the opinion that the JC I studied in Catholic Catechism wouldn't approve of the extremists on both sides of the aisle (and that includes most formal religions and their flock); I suspect he would toss the whole lot of them out of the temple.

Forum List

Back