California as a warning for America

:lol::lol::lol: You don't know much about contracts and the Law, do you? I bet you think that if you personally go bankrupt, you can just forget all contracts you have signed for things, don't you?

And I'm already outed....too late for you. :lol::lol::lol:

Union contracts would be null and void in a bankruptcy. :lol:
Laws today may not be the same law tomorrow, Bo. Such as....pot is illegal right now in Ca. But....they may try and change that law. So you see, things aren't etched in stone as you may think. Nice try on your end, but it was still a fail for you. :lol:

No, union contracts may be renegotiated THRU THE COURTS if a state declares bankrupcy...but they are not automatically null and void.

You ARE a joke. :lol::lol:

Give it up, Bo. The contracts would be null and void and RENEGOTIATED through the courts. My original post was that they would be renegotiated.

So meister, instead of posting idiotgrams, what is the solution to California and our nation getting out of the red? Post for us the deep and critical thinking in which you have engaged in problem solving this one issue.

I will do, Ca., wry.
There is a need to renegotciate all State Union contracts. Put a freeze on wages until the economic climate changes. I WOULD do a line by line on each state budget that comes before the governor. I would look at ways to make Ca. a business friendly state as it once was. I would do this through tax breaks, and incentives. This would create long term employment for the unemployed, which would bring in more tax revenue. I would implement a tax as you go system. If you don't have the revenue, you don't make policies that would drain the state. I would pass legislation to open up oil drilling, and oil production. I would have made sure that what happened to the farm lands last summer in Ca. wouldn't happen again. I would use common sense environmental controls, and not extreme controls. Once I had the state going in the right direction, and restore Ca.'s credit rating I would sell bonds, and apply for low interest loans to help bail Ca. out of the red.

I doubt it will ever happen like this in Ca. But, I think this would be a good start. How about your input, Wry? What would you do?

Believe it or not, in a world where I was Queen and didn't care about contracts, or laws, or the environment, I might do the same you suggest. However, this is not that kind of world. Even if you were elected Governor, you cannot just break contracts, you cannot just break laws.

This is why you and all others that live in Ca. are destined to wollow in slop, Bo. You people won't take the necessary steps to correct what 30 years of legislation has done to your state.
It's people like you who don't think anything is wrong with your state. Your a drone, and blind to all that surrounds you, Bo.

Ame®icano;1883664 said:

^^
I'll just go right ahead and label you a blatant racist​

Based on what? On avatar? Wow.

By following your logic, you like to bang (with) animals. Even thought thats some pretty sick stuff, I am not judging you here. Hey, it's your body and your choice. But, wow again.

Mine is a cat looking upward, and my av signature goes with it. These are toughies...

Well, some people are straight, some like same sex, some are pedofiles, and some like animals... all different perspectives, just as your signature is sayin'. If you wanna bang the pigeon its your business, not that I care, just keep it to yourself...

I could never figure out what different it makes if someone incarcerated votes or not. Is voting going to make the convict more likely to go out and commit crimes once s/he's released? I doubt it.
It comes down to the fact, that voting is a privilege, and not a right, Maggie. Maybe that will help you figure it out.

Huh? Article XV of The Constitution calls it a right.

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Even if voting is considered a privilege, prisoners get all kinds of privileges--free health care, for one. I just don't see what harm it could do to allow them to vote.

Privilege to vote in any state is not given by the Federal Constitution, or by any of its amendments.

The privilege to vote in a state is within the jurisdiction of the state itself, to be exercised as the state may direct, and upon such terms as to it may seem proper, provided, of course, no discrimination is made between individuals, in violation of the Federal Constitution. - 193 US 621

Voting is a privilege. Period.

when i see my state being ruined by people like Rinata i get pissed off Maggie....if she was bad mouthing these basterds i would have at least been thinking she is not one of those who keeps voting them in.....instead she bad mouths Arnold,its ALL his fault of course, and she defends the Legislature,they have no part in the States demize,its all Arnold.....there was another thread a few months back Maggie, where she was was going pretty good defending Pelosi as being one of the best people in Congress and how lucky we all are to have her......wanna get me going....tell me how wonderful Pelosi is,and all the wonderful things she has done for us....Rinata can kiss my ass.....

You are a liar, straight up. I have never once defended Pelosi, let alone say what you have accused me of saying. One of the best people in Congress, we are lucky to have her, she's wonderful, she's done wonderful things for us???? LIAR!!!!

I'll take criticism any day of the week, but you people don't play fair. You all lie constantly. Nobody believes that I said that, I'm sure. It doesn't even sound like me. I think you're the biggest liar on here. You just won the prize. Congratulations.

Who's a liar? You have a lot of nerve.

It's obvious that I was talking to Harry. Follow the bouncing ball!!!!!!!!!!

Says the guy who now alleges she has a flat chest but wouldn't have a clue about that. What's wrong with you, Harry? Usually you're above little hissy fits.

when i see my state being ruined by people like Rinata i get pissed off Maggie....if she was bad mouthing these basterds i would have at least been thinking she is not one of those who keeps voting them in.....instead she bad mouths Arnold,its ALL his fault of course, and she defends the Legislature,they have no part in the States demize,its all Arnold.....there was another thread a few months back Maggie, where she was was going pretty good defending Pelosi as being one of the best people in Congress and how lucky we all are to have her......wanna get me going....tell me how wonderful Pelosi is,and all the wonderful things she has done for us....Rinata can kiss my ass.....

Okay, you're mad. I get that. And Rinata seems farther left than I am because I think Pelosi has damaged the Democratic Party almost beyond repair. She's as bad as Tom DeLay (the de facto House Republican leader). They both took party-first politics to the extreme and I believe have created more than any others the current animosity in Washington resulting in gridlock. But Rinata still has a right to her opinion.

I think I said earlier that I haven't followed Calfornia's fiscal debacles closely, but I do remember that Schwartzeneger was voted in as the "conservative" flipside of Pete Wilson, and Arnie turned out to be even worse. Seems that happens a lot. People DO want change, but they tend to vote their anger and it therefore becomes a be-careful-what-you-wish-for scenario. In CA's case, I can remember being shocked that someone with little if any political experience (other than his wife's influence, which I can remember posting warnings to Republicans about) was actually elected as Governor of the biggest state in the union.

Thanks, Maggie.

You are a liar, straight up. I have never once defended Pelosi, let alone say what you have accused me of saying. One of the best people in Congress, we are lucky to have her, she's wonderful, she's done wonderful things for us???? LIAR!!!!

I'll take criticism any day of the week, but you people don't play fair. You all lie constantly. Nobody believes that I said that, I'm sure. It doesn't even sound like me. I think you're the biggest liar on here. You just won the prize. Congratulations.

You need to follow that bouncing ball a little further back. You stated everybody was flippin the f-bomb, and neg repping you. You said "everybody". I never used the f-bomb, and I didn't neg rep you.

Ame®icano;1882663 said:
Ame®icano;1882486 said:
Being senator for a half of term doesn't make you qualified more then, lets say being member of USMB for couple of years.

Just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber, you go and do it.

That is exactly the same thing I say when I hear Obama speaking (speaking, not reading).

Btw, is it that hard to recognize sarcasm?

Now, further he goes into presidency, more I belive that here on USMB you could find plenty of people who would do a better job as a president then Obama is doing. Think about it.

Ame®icano;1882486 said:
Are you saying he has done something as state or federal senator? Or as a president?

Surely the voters thought so, or they wouldn't have kept electing him to higher offices.

No excuse, the fact is that before Obama we had very bad president. But at least he had no agenda, nor ideology. Most of us couldn't wait to have him out of office. We were so desperate for change that people would elect ANYONE who even remotely fit the description.

And they did, voters elected the one who sold them most of bullshit. He never delivered any of his promises as a state senator, he was already elected as US senator. He kept promising, people kept voting and electing him higher. Guess what, there is no higher from here, and he better deliver, since... as you can see it yourself, it doesn't take too long for people to relize that if it smells like shit, and if it sounds like shit... well, you know how it ends.

Now, since you think so high of yourself and so low of others, please explain here what Obama really achieved as a president. you could also list some of his promises he kept...

Like a racist like you really wants an answer. Your avi gave you away.

ame®icano;1882424 said:
okay, you're mad. I get that. And rinata seems farther left than i am because i think pelosi has damaged the democratic party almost beyond repair. She's as bad as tom delay (the de facto house republican leader). They both took party-first politics to the extreme and i believe have created more than any others the current animosity in washington resulting in gridlock. But rinata still has a right to her opinion.

I think i said earlier that i haven't followed calfornia's fiscal debacles closely, but i do remember that schwartzeneger was voted in as the "conservative" flipside of pete wilson, and arnie turned out to be even worse. Seems that happens a lot. People do want change, but they tend to vote their anger and it therefore becomes a be-careful-what-you-wish-for scenario. In ca's case, i can remember being shocked that someone with little if any political experience (other than his wife's influence, which i can remember posting warnings to republicans about) was actually elected as governor of the biggest state in the union.

then you were even more shocked when someone with no political experience was elected as president of the whole union. Were you?

correct me if i'm wrong....but the constitution requires only 3 firm qualifications for president....after that, there is no experience qualification. It's up to the voters who they want. If joe the plumber had been over 35, lived in the u.s.. 14 years, and was born a citizen, even he could get elected if enough people voted for him.

it's obvious that the majority of voters chose obama. Perhaps that is what is sticking in some rightie craws?

bingo!!!

You need to follow that bouncing ball a little further back. You stated everybody was flippin the f-bomb, and neg repping you. You said "everybody". I never used the f-bomb, and I didn't neg rep you.

What are you babbling about now??? The post I did above was a response to Harry's post to me. I called him a liar. Then you popped up with your noseyt ass asking me whom I was calling a liar!!!

Quit playing games with me. You're not smart enough.

That's all. The thread has been taken over by the dumbest of the right. I'm done. Trying to talk to you people is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

Ah don't let the bullies run you off. They can't stand it when someone articulates well a position that they disagree with. The comments here are par for the course. When they start injecting the F-word several times in one paragraph, you'll know you're doing something right! (Er, correct...)

Your post is right on!!! Sometimes I'm just not in the mood, Maggie. But you are right about the F bombs. I always know that I've gotten to them. They drop those F bombs on me like crazy!!! And another thing. They always send me a neg rep. They think we're in 2nd grade, because they gloat and think that I should be so upset. Bunch of twits!!! :razz:

Now...what were you saying? I guess Harry is right and you do need instructions on making a ham sandwich. I'll go out on a limb and say that someone needs to read those instructions to you.
Seems you do a lot of neg repping yourself young lady. But, I haven't neg repped you, nor have I dropped the f-bomb on you. But I do see why people do it to you.

Last edited:
OK, I'm back from the gym, the movie (Avatar, really good in 3-D) and dinner out.

What would I do to solve the budget crisis in California.

First, I would go to the people and lay out the problem straight away. Next I would let the people and their representatives in the legislature know that doing nothing was not an option. Then I would order the legislature into session and not allow them to go home until a balanced budget was passed.
During this process I would hold daily press conferences and expose any stupidity or self serving behavior of any member of the senate or assembly to ridicule, I would meet and confer with labor unions and tax payers associations and make clear the pain of the fiscal crisis would be shared by all sectors of the economy, but the basic needs of the people - food, clothing, shelter, medical care - would not be eliminated.
Then I would begin the political process of fixing the systemic problems of the state. I would lay the ground work for a Constitutional Convention, so that a new constitution and new codes (Penal, Business and Professions, Welfare & Institutions, Health and Safety, Harbors and Navigation, etc. etc.) might be rewritten and updated in ordinary language with special interest laws removed.

Occasionally a truly intelligent conservative will arrive on the scene, but they don't seem to last long. .

Right, a a " truly intelligent conservative" - a contradiction in terms - is one who bitches about the budget while supporting the unnecessary military invasions of Irak and Afpak which have cost 1 Trillion dollars thus far.

:eek:

Union contracts would be null and void in a bankruptcy. :lol:
Laws today may not be the same law tomorrow, Bo. Such as....pot is illegal right now in Ca. But....they may try and change that law. So you see, things aren't etched in stone as you may think. Nice try on your end, but it was still a fail for you. :lol:

No, union contracts may be renegotiated THRU THE COURTS if a state declares bankrupcy...but they are not automatically null and void.

Give it up, Bo. The contracts would be null and void and RENEGOTIATED through the courts. My original post was that they would be renegotiated.

No...you simply said they would be null and void...Until I brought it up, you said nothing about courts, nothing about renegotiations thru the courts.

But we appreciate your heartfelt concern for our state. And again, I thank you from departing from us.

No...you simply said they would be null and void...Until I brought it up, you said nothing about courts, nothing about renegotiations thru the courts.

But we appreciate your heartfelt concern for our state. And again, I thank you from departing from us.

As far as leaving your state, trust me....the pleasure was all mine.
You are really splitting hairs, Bo. You stated that you couldn't break a contract or a law. I proved to you that you could....so run along there lassie. :lol:

Don't you love those Win/Win situations? You're happy to go...we're happy you left.
Kudos all around. :clap2::clap2:
You are really splitting hairs, Bo. You stated that you couldn't break a contract or a law. I proved to you that you could....so run along there lassie. :lol:

No, I'm not splitting hairs...nor am I moving goal posts like you are.

Don't you love those Win/Win situations? You're happy to go...we're happy you left.
Kudos all around. :clap2::clap2:

No, I'm not splitting hairs...nor am I moving goal posts like you are.

Your the one that has to wallow in your slop. I gave a plan that I would work towards in your state to fix the problem. You don't think you have a problem in your state, and all is honky dory. If things don't change...your going to learn the hard way about your paradise, Bo. obama isn't going to fork over any more money until he see's a change in your state. And you don't even have a clue. Wry at least admits there is a serious problem, and he gave his take on a solution. You?.....you ain't smart enough.

Ah don't let the bullies run you off. They can't stand it when someone articulates well a position that they disagree with. The comments here are par for the course. When they start injecting the F-word several times in one paragraph, you'll know you're doing something right! (Er, correct...)

Your post is right on!!! Sometimes I'm just not in the mood, Maggie. But you are right about the F bombs. I always know that I've gotten to them. They drop those F bombs on me like crazy!!! And another thing. They always send me a neg rep. They think we're in 2nd grade, because they gloat and think that I should be so upset. Bunch of twits!!! :razz:

Now...what were you saying? I guess Harry is right and you do need instructions on making a ham sandwich. I'll go out on a limb and say that someone needs to read those instructions to you.
Seems you do a lot of neg repping yourself young lady. But, I haven't neg repped you, nor have I dropped the f-bomb on you. But I do see why people do it to you.

yep.....she says i lie,and everyone Neg reps her,but she unleashes the neg-reps herself,and wont admit she does it herself....to those who havent neg-reped her.....do i smell a HYPOCRITE?.......

PS.....i also never said the word Fuck to her personally....

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1882663 said:
Just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber, you go and do it.

That is exactly the same thing I say when I hear Obama speaking (speaking, not reading).

Btw, is it that hard to recognize sarcasm?

Now, further he goes into presidency, more I belive that here on USMB you could find plenty of people who would do a better job as a president then Obama is doing. Think about it.

Surely the voters thought so, or they wouldn't have kept electing him to higher offices.

No excuse, the fact is that before Obama we had very bad president. But at least he had no agenda, nor ideology. Most of us couldn't wait to have him out of office. We were so desperate for change that people would elect ANYONE who even remotely fit the description.

And they did, voters elected the one who sold them most of bullshit. He never delivered any of his promises as a state senator, he was already elected as US senator. He kept promising, people kept voting and electing him higher. Guess what, there is no higher from here, and he better deliver, since... as you can see it yourself, it doesn't take too long for people to relize that if it smells like shit, and if it sounds like shit... well, you know how it ends.

Now, since you think so high of yourself and so low of others, please explain here what Obama really achieved as a president. you could also list some of his promises he kept...

Like a racist like you really wants an answer. Your avi gave you away.

Care to explain what makes me a racist? My avatar is no more racist then yours.

Forum List

Back