California 20% renewables

Why???

There is every reason to believe that we have far more energy reserves than the government estimates.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi3ERes0h84"]A Climate Minute - The Greenhouse Effect - YouTube[/ame]​

Two words:

East Anglia.

Got any compelling evidence that anything illegal or improper occurred that significantly changed or altered any of the science data collected at East Anglia?

If you eliminate any and all East Anglia data and research how does it effect or impact the scientific understandings and findings with regards to greenhouse gases?

Cool..........California customers are going to love the 28% increase in costs over the next 7 years................

Clean energy: Costs rising for California consumers - CSMonitor.com

To go along with rolling blackouts like they saw in the early 2000's!!!

Awesome!!! Will never happen in a huge majority of states!!!:2up:

Do you really want to source the cause for rolling blackouts?

E N R O N, aka, unregulated capitalism.

You dummy............everybody and his brother are moving out of Califonia to places like Arizona and New Mexico. Why? Because the regulatory fascists have caused a skyrocketing electricity price.

Yup.........ahhh ( takes long toke on ciggy, Denis Leary style)............Califonia is just a model of economic prosperity!!!:D:D:D

RealClearMarkets - Should We Let California Go Bankrupt?

Last edited:

Got any compelling evidence that anything illegal or improper occurred that significantly changed or altered any of the science data collected at East Anglia?

If you eliminate any and all East Anglia data and research how does it effect or impact the scientific understandings and findings with regards to greenhouse gases?

Translation: Scientific fraud? so what?

LMAO..........woke up and went over to DRUDGE and saw this and damn near split my sides laughing..............

California braces for power-grid test amid heat wave - Yahoo! News Canada

California.............what a joke. Jackasses are taking out 100 million dollar loans to re-build schools and will cost the taxpayers.............ready for this...........1 billion.:D And that is just for one county.

Place is a total joke...........an imminent train wreck. Watch this shithole state in coming years.........THE model of fail for progressive public policy.

LMAO..........woke up and went over to DRUDGE and saw this and damn near split my sides laughing..............

California braces for power-grid test amid heat wave - Yahoo! News Canada

California.............what a joke. Jackasses are taking out 100 million dollar loans to re-build schools and will cost the taxpayers.............ready for this...........1 billion.:D And that is just for one county.

Place is a total joke...........an imminent train wreck. Watch this shithole state in coming years.........THE model of fail for progressive public policy.

The states with the biggest deficits are the ones solidly for Obama...hmmm

CPUC 2012 1st and 2nd Quarter Renewables Report to the Legislature

On July 31, 2012, the CPUC issued its first/second quarter 2012 renewable energy progress report to the state Legislature, showing that the state’s utilities have met the goal of serving 20 percent of their electricity with renewable energy and are already on track to far surpass that goal in 2012.
Read the Report

Cudos, at least with respect to the West Coast.
what does your stat say for already drill oil rigs that are cap, say California? Can you spell E.P.A.
China comes in and is negotiating for those cap rigs.......:eusa_hand:
So much for being independent. Funny thing is we are trying to pass global whining laws and china says up yours.. Let start with Eu in there implementation of tax law, china can read us like a book.

Last edited:
what does your stat say for already drill oil rigs that are cap, say California?

not sure what you are asking, but it sounds like you are trying to comment about industry capped oil wells in California? Not sure what you are referring to or what issue you have, but put up a link and I'll take a look.

Can you spell E.P.A.

yes, can you?

China comes in and is negotiating for those cap rigs.......:eusa_hand:

What have you got against the free market system?

So much for being independent.

When was the last time we were energy independent?

Funny thing is we are trying to pass global whining laws and china says up yours..

When was the last time the US ever tried to pass global climate change laws? (peculiar double punctuation/period, only one other poster that I have ever noticed doing that with any regularity) We have to take care of our own house before we can complain about the neighbors.

CPUC 2012 1st and 2nd Quarter Renewables Report to the Legislature

On July 31, 2012, the CPUC issued its first/second quarter 2012 renewable energy progress report to the state Legislature, showing that the state’s utilities have met the goal of serving 20 percent of their electricity with renewable energy and are already on track to far surpass that goal in 2012.
Read the Report

Cudos, at least with respect to the West Coast.

The celebration is as phoney as the numbers..

1) The specifics listed in that link are for DESIGNED power capacity. Wind barely hits 30% of that and solar hits about 35%. Power contracts are in MW-hrs -- the goals seem to be in MW.

2) They are FORCED to carry any wind/solar on the grid. A large part of that is contracted and DUMPED either from the "renewable" source or dumped as energy BOUGHT from PRIMARY SOURCE by contract from Nat Gas, Hydro, Coal and others. What a deal eh?

3) My bet is that AT LEAST 30 to 35% of that is from OLD HYDRO facilities, NOT NEW renewable sources. (no I'm not gonna look it up -- i'm exhausted from the hype). And HALF of that is probably imported from out of state..

4) California was getting 12% of it's electricity from HYDRO 20 years ago.. Congrats on the economical addition of another 8% !! How many BILLIONS (that they don't have) did that take !!!

Let's party while the lights are still on in the Golden State.

Last edited:
Cool..........California customers are going to love the 28% increase in costs over the next 7 years................

Clean energy: Costs rising for California consumers - CSMonitor.com

To go along with rolling blackouts like they saw in the early 2000's!!!

Awesome!!! Will never happen in a huge majority of states!!!:2up:

Do you really want to source the cause for rolling blackouts?

E N R O N, aka, unregulated capitalism.

You dummy............everybody and his brother are moving out of Califonia to places like Arizona and New Mexico. Why? Because the regulatory fascists have caused a skyrocketing electricity price.

Yup.........ahhh ( takes long toke on ciggy, Denis Leary style)............Califonia is just a model of economic prosperity!!!:D:D:D

RealClearMarkets - Should We Let California Go Bankrupt?

Yup -- my rates were cut in half when I went CalTenn.. And the TRUE story of California and Enron was that when California considered their energy "re-regulation" (no way it was De-regulation as mistakenly parroted by the media) -- ENRON begged them NOT to do it. Because the idea of OUTLAWING long term contracts was so stupid and vulnerable to manipulation.. That and forcing PG&E to sell off ALL of their generation assets that eventually went to out of state companies..

So California made ITSELF naked and vulnerable and woke up every MORNING literally without power (no contracts -- remember?)) and had to scurry to buy everyones' last minute scraps on the daily market. THAT'S DE-REGULATION? In no way can that be defined as DE-REGULATION.

And of course, the brilliant frauds at Enron -- having WARNED the politicians what would happen -- proceeded to fulfill that prophecy..

A scheme SO ill concieved --- it largely overthrew the governorship... A STATE so ill-conceived -- I couldn't take it anymore...

(...)
And of course, the brilliant frauds at Enron -- having WARNED the politicians what would happen -- proceeded to fulfill that prophecy..

A scheme SO ill concieved --- it largely overthrew the governorship... A STATE so ill-conceived -- I couldn't take it anymore...

Bloomberg tends to disagree with your perspective of events and causations.
BusinessWeek Online: BW Magazine

Last edited:
I like the way you edit my assertion -- and then throw up link to refute it. Very Classy.. That's why I trust you this much.

There's 24 articles at that link -- which one reportedly REFUTES my telling of what happened in California? This ought to be good..

PS --- and suddenly this is MORE INTERESTING TO YOU than your own OP?

Why not respond to the post I made concerning the OP??

Last edited:
I like the way you edit my assertion -- and then throw up link to refute it. Very Classy.. That's why I trust you this much.

There's 24 articles at that link -- which one reportedly REFUTES my telling of what happened in California? This ought to be good..

Sorry about that, I intended to edit out all the monkey chatter, and I unintentionally only zapped yours, hopefully I've corrected that oversight now.

more importantly, none of the linked articles supports your perspective,...which was the idea,...you know, to demonstrate how fringe and extremist your perspective is from the mainstream considerations of just about, well, everything as far as I can tell so far.

Sorry about that, I intended to edit out all the monkey chatter, and I unintentionally only zapped yours, hopefully I've corrected that oversight now.

more importantly, none of the linked articles supports your perspective,...which was the idea,...you know, to demonstrate how fringe and extremist your perspective is from the mainstream considerations of just about, well, everything as far as I can tell so far.

So you DID ACTUALLY throw up some chaff and flee -- claiming that my retelling of the event that LED to my interest in energy policy and "alternatives" and the like are just a figment of my unreliable delusional state. I lived thru that as a guy who was trying to build Silicon Valley start-ups with the lights constantly going off. It provided enough motivation to check out the cause.

I'd be OK if you wanted to abandon the OP material that I responded to and change the subject to what happened under Gray Davis and California's Re-Regulation. But it's your thread dude. Pick one...

And no -- I'm not gonna wade thru 24 articles to guess where you think I'm wrong. What kinda tactic is that?

Morning Bell: Wind Energy Subsidies Are As Useful As VHS Tape Subsidies
Amy Payne
August 16, 2012 at 9:02 am

Wind Energy Subsidies Are As Useful As VHS Tape Subsidies

More k00k losing..............:D:D

From that article..

A business that cannot survive without taxpayers paying 50 percent of the costs does not help the economy. Instead, it eats up more value than it produces.

Yeah -- It's opinion.. But it's valid opinion as the German and Spanish folks will now tell you.

Biofuel fAiL.....................

The Drought and the Biofuels Disaster » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

All this green shit is utterly absurd...............and losing............:eusa_dance:

I got 2 measly ears of corn for $5 last weekend..

That's all I need to know.. Of course there's been a drought. But 50% of the corn is being burned in our gas tanks. I'd take 4 ears of corn for $5 a lot better.. Bad time to be a farm animal.. They're eating the stuff that's left after the ethanol producers get the tasty bits..

The Drought and the Biofuels Disaster » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

All this green shit is utterly absurd...............and losing............:eusa_dance:

That's all I need to know.. Of course there's been a drought. But 50% of the corn is being burned in our gas tanks. I'd take 4 ears of corn for $5 a lot better.. Bad time to be a farm animal.. They're eating the stuff that's left after the ethanol producers get the tasty bits..

OK. Which states have the most senators and representatives supporting subisidies for the corn to ethanol business? I do not happen to agree with using food for fuel on a moral basis.

OK. Which states have the most senators and representatives supporting subisidies for the corn to ethanol business? I do not happen to agree with using food for fuel on a moral basis.

Aww c'mon -- don't tell me we AGREE on something? Forgot party politics bunko.. How's about just a functional govt with actual management chops that would roll back the ethanol mandate during a time of food shortage? Too much to ask? Yeah -- that's why I want smaller -- more EFFECTIVE govt...

Forum List

Back