It's snowing in South Africa!

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Gee, I guess they're not feeling that global warming feeling. :D Maybe Hillary brought the "Gore Effect" with her visit.

Snow surprises South Africans as cold snap strikes
The Associated Press
Posted: Aug 7, 2012 12:43 PM ET
Last Updated: Aug 7, 2012 12:34 PM ET

li-snow-sliding-south-afric.jpg

A man slides down a hill after a rare snowfall in Johannesburg on Tuesday. Temperatures dropped to below freezing Tuesday morning as snow flurries blew through the city, as residents poured into the streets to watch the snowflakes fall. ((Themba Hadebe/Associated Press))

People slowly came outside despite the cold wind across South Africa today, pointed their mobile phone cameras to the sky and opened their mouths to taste a rare snowfall that fell on much of the country.

mi-snow-in-joburg-300-03078.jpg

The snow grew heavier in the afternoon in Johannesburg, covering rooftops and slicking roads. Snowflakes are a rare commodity in Johannesburg, even during winter. South African Weather Service records show it has snowed in Johannesburg on only 22 other days in the last 103 years. :eusa_clap:The last snow fell there in June 2007.

Rest of article at link:

Snow surprises South Africans as cold snap strikes - CBC News

One of the best things to ever come from South Africa

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_vP8FzrgxI]Bhekumuzi Luthuli - Udumo Lwakhe - YouTube[/ame]

Idiot! It is winter down there.

It's only snowed there 22 times in 103 years. Sorry that boat won't float.

About the same as in Jacksonville FL which is about the same distance north of the equator.

Sheesh idiots who do not even understand the seasons and what causes them.

I'm having fun with it. The snowfall in SA is a true rarity. But it's called fucking weather and any time there is a run of hot weather the global warming freaks take a wrang attack.
So it's fun to poke back.

Weather happens. Sometimes extreme, sometimes norm. Although currently residing in a place on the planet that normally brags 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skating we've been in a heat wave for over 2 months now.

I've lived in Golden, BC; Edmonton, Alberta; Toronto, Ontario (and the Golden Horseshoe); Nashville, Franklin and Nunnelly Tennesse; and pretty well spent my youth in the summertime growing up in Ormond by the Sea.

I understand seasons very well.

So they hit a 1 in 4 chance of having snow. BFD.

A warming climate does not mean there will be no more cold weather. What it does mean is that the weather swings will be wider and wilder with an overall warming. Exactly what we are seeing around the world.

Last edited:

So they hit a 1 in 4 chance of having snow. BFD.

A warming climate does not mean there will be no more cold weather. What it does mean is that the weather swings will be wider and wilder with an overall warming. Exactly what we are seeing around the world.

See? What did I say? Snowing because of Global Warming.

Is that perfect or what?

Here's how you prove manmade global warming, take any weather event then add the phrase "Because of manmade global warming" and you have settled consensus science.

About the same as in Jacksonville FL which is about the same distance north of the equator.

Sheesh idiots who do not even understand the seasons and what causes them.

I mistook that a bit myself, I was thinking SA was as far south as the tip of SA. Looks like the northern most section of SA is around same lat as key largo, and the southernmost tip is equivilant to Arkansas-Tennesse. Still, that includes a lot of areas that generally experience significant snowfall at least as often as the winter olympics occur, and as you note, it is the equivilant of February there, hardly seems particularly note-worthy.

We see that the warming part of global warming is neither global or warming therefore we conclude that what we are witnessing are the twin effects of globalwarmercoolering and its ugly twin globalcoolerwarmering. All we know for certain is that America is melting the ice caps and killing cute polar bears

Last edited:

Forum List

Back