CA Highway Patrol To Peer Into Driver Windows To Catch Cell Phone Use...

I like that they look away for illegal aliens but if someone is taking a call they are the criminal .. I am so glad I do not live in Calf.

Oh,definitely have your papers on you at all times...Unless you're an Illegal Alien. Because apparently that's cool with Big Brother. Crazy policies. :cuckoo:

Don't confuse it with authoritian rule. In the greatest Country in the world you get what you ask for. Fools in Ca. elected representatives that brought them the highest gas prices in the Country, runaway illegal alien benefits and cell phone crackdown. Now only the elite and hollywood celebs will be able to talk on cell phones from the back of limo's. That's how it works in a world dominated by liberalism.

If someone is texting while driving they need some time set aside while they do neither. Seriously, texting while failing to be in control of a ton and a half of fast moving metal is positively deranged.

Don't confuse it with authoritian rule. In the greatest Country in the world you get what you ask for. Fools in Ca. elected representatives that brought them the highest gas prices in the Country, runaway illegal alien benefits and cell phone crackdown. Now only the elite and hollywood celebs will be able to talk on cell phones from the back of limo's. That's how it works in a world dominated by liberalism.

Good observation. Thanks.

I like that they look away for illegal aliens but if someone is taking a call they are the criminal .. I am so glad I do not live in Calf.
What does an illegal alien look like?

Many times, they will be the ones with a car with no license plate, full of people and driving along known human and drug trafficking corridors. Cops look for cars in those areas and especially watch for the car to be tilted because the trunk is heavy. People seen climbing over border fences or creeping through the property of ranchers who live along the border are likely suspects.

Sometimes, they are the ones standing in groups by Home Depot, hoping to get a cash paying job for the day and they quickly disperse if a cop pulls up.

They are the ones who often have gang tattoos and bandanas or are wearing t-shirts with anti-American sentiment.

Truthfully, you can't tell by looking, but cops should always pull over cars that have tail lights out or missing or expired tags. And when he asks for their driver's license, they should have one. If they don't have that, they should have a green card. If they don't speak any English or have any valid ID, the cops should be allowed to check with INS to inquire about their status. We have laws in this country and ignorance of the law is no excuse. We all have to follow laws and people don't care if we get ticketed for talking on cell phones, so why the hell should anyone get away with even more violations? At least hold everyone to the same standards and not let some get away with whatever they want.

So you have two Hispanics driving in front of you. Both have the same car. You can tell which one is illegal? Are YOU looking through their windshields?

How is it, you can have special illegal detecting skills?

How about this.

You have two white people driving in front of you. One is an illegal immigrant from Sweden who didnt want to deal with the red tape of becoming a citizen after he graduated, but was quite happy with the life he created for himself while attending USC. The other is a natural born American citizen.

What do we do? Stop every single person driving a car?

Or is it that we just hate Mexicans?

I'm sure the TSA will have to get in on this one. Look for a checkpoint near you. Enjoy your Holidays.

Your overly dramatic, alarmist responses are always entertaining.

I do enjoy, though, your new stance that laws shouldn't be enforced.

Just have your papers on you too. Because i'm sure the TSA is salivating over this stuff. They can't wait to get all those checkpoints out there. What a wonderful country we've become. :(

Just another reason for Big Brother to pull you over and harass you. Like they don't have enough reasons already? Police States are fun huh?

I'm sure the TSA will have to get in on this one. Look for a checkpoint near you. Enjoy your Holidays.

Just have your papers on you too. Because i'm sure the TSA is salivating over this stuff. They can't wait to get all those checkpoints out there. What a wonderful country we've become. :(

There have been checkpoints at airports since the days of hijacking planes to Cuba.
I think you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

There have been checkpoints at airports since the days of hijacking planes to Cuba.
I think you are blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

That's what he does.

I'm not sure what the OP is complaining about....cops are SUPPOSED to enforce the law on the roads for our safety....cell phone usage is illegal and unsafe. How else are cops supposed to notice if one is on a cell phone or not? Same as with seat belts....and has been for a while.

libertarians have a strong beleif in "let us do as we deem necessary and leave it up to us to ensure our actions dont hurt our neighbors"

And most libertarians I know, live their lives in a way where they truly dont negatively interfere with others lives....i.e....they would not text and drive...but not becuase it is the law...but because they see it as rude and dangerous.

It is a very strong ideology...and most live by it....I respect them wholeheartedly. None I know are hypocrites.

I just dont agree with all they say.

I'm not sure what the OP is complaining about....cops are SUPPOSED to enforce the law on the roads for our safety....cell phone usage is illegal and unsafe. How else are cops supposed to notice if one is on a cell phone or not? Same as with seat belts....and has been for a while.
My only objection is that it takes away manpower from the force to do other sorts of things. Granted, distracted driving is a problem, but does it trump things like homicide investigations and gang policing?

Of course, those are not revenue-generating exercises, so the incentive to a cash-strapped government is obvious.

Just another way for the guberment to get more revenue. Be on the look out for other states to create more laws that will have a heavy fine connected with the violation

My only objection is that it takes away manpower from the force to do other sorts of things. Granted, distracted driving is a problem, but does it trump things like homicide investigations and gang policing?

Of course, those are not revenue-generating exercises, so the incentive to a cash-strapped government is obvious.

There is a percentage of the force that is used for "beat duty". They are to do the basic "traffic" work...but when a call comes in for a "location" incident, they willl literally walk away from the traffic thing and move. They may be 75% through writing up a guy who ran a stop sign, and rip it up and move tot he location incident if called to it.

SO what you are saying is not really applicable. This will not take officers from dealing with the higher level crimes.

Forum List

Back