CA Highway Patrol To Peer Into Driver Windows To Catch Cell Phone Use...

You're stupid! This is a freedom issue. My right to be free from worry that idiots will run me down. If this is what passes for an issue amongst the Paul-ites, no wonder most Americans chuckle whenever someone says he has a chance to be president. :lol::lol::lol:
Where was Dr. Paul mentioned in the article?

Oh yeah, nowhere. Now sit your ass down and shut the fuck up before you fail again.

Just another way for the guberment to get more revenue. Be on the look out for other states to create more laws that will have a heavy fine connected with the violation

COOL!!! Bankrupting them would be good, but I favor "Go directly to jail, Do not pass 'Go'. :cool:

And the march towards absolute Authoritarian-rule continues.

Cellphone talkers and texters, beware. California Highway Patrol officers around Sacramento have special marching orders on Friday and Saturday:

Find you and ticket you.

"If someone is driving distracted, we want officers to issue citations," said CHP spokesman Adrian Quintero.

Also on Friday, plainclothes officers and volunteers with clipboards will be stationed on foot at several major intersections around Sacramento, peering into passing car windows and noting the types of distracted driving they see.

Similar tallies will be taken in the Auburn and Stockton areas. They won't be ticketing. They'll be gathering data to be forwarded to the California Office of Traffic Safety as part of an emerging statewide campaign to understand and combat distracted driving.

Read more here: CHP plans 24-hour crackdown on drivers using cellphones - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

Nothing new to NY. :):):)

You're stupid! This is a freedom issue. My right to be free from worry that idiots will run me down. If this is what passes for an issue amongst the Paul-ites, no wonder most Americans chuckle whenever someone says he has a chance to be president. :lol::lol::lol:

So no concern for those drunk drivers but really concerned about someone using a cell phone? How about those cops driving and using their in car computers and radios while driving?

I'm not sure what the OP is complaining about....cops are SUPPOSED to enforce the law on the roads for our safety....cell phone usage is illegal and unsafe. How else are cops supposed to notice if one is on a cell phone or not? Same as with seat belts....and has been for a while.
My only objection is that it takes away manpower from the force to do other sorts of things. Granted, distracted driving is a problem, but does it trump things like homicide investigations and gang policing?

Of course, those are not revenue-generating exercises, so the incentive to a cash-strapped government is obvious.

There is a percentage of the force that is used for "beat duty". They are to do the basic "traffic" work...but when a call comes in for a "location" incident, they willl literally walk away from the traffic thing and move. They may be 75% through writing up a guy who ran a stop sign, and rip it up and move tot he location incident if called to it.

SO what you are saying is not really applicable. This will not take officers from dealing with the higher level crimes.
Okay, I was not aware of this. Thanks for the info.

Not good.

Oh yeah, nowhere. Now sit your ass down and shut the fuck up before you fail again.

It was posted by a Paulite, numb nuts! :badgrin:

The only ones who "chuckle" are the ones who refuse to understand why libertarians feel as they do or not intelligent enough to understand it.

They believe all should learn not to text and drive for it is rude and dangerous.

They believe people are smart enough to do the right thing.

I guess you dont?

Just another way for the guberment to get more revenue. Be on the look out for other states to create more laws that will have a heavy fine connected with the violation

COOL!!! Bankrupting them would be good, but I favor "Go directly to jail, Do not pass 'Go'. :cool:

Great you want the economy to fail, by placing hard working citizens in jail

I drive a lot of highway visiting my clients, and I can tell you, almost daily I encounter some nitwit too busy texting or talking to pay attention to staying in his lane.

I have no problem with this... there really is no reasonable expectation of privacy while driving down the road in something surrounded by windows.

It was posted by a Paulite, numb nuts! :badgrin:
Again, fail.

Not good.

People who refuse to understand and respect the thinking of a libertarian see it as a cult and have identified Paul as the grand high exalted mystic ruler.

People who refuse to understand and respect the thinking of a libertarian see it as a cult and have identified Paul as the grand high exalted mystic ruler.

Paul's off his rocker.

Not good.

So no concern for those drunk drivers but really concerned about someone using a cell phone? How about those cops driving and using their in car computers and radios while driving?

Who's not concerned about drunk drivers? That battle was fought long ago. Alcohol used to be a mitigating factor, but now it's an aggravating one. Trying to pass this off as a freedom issue is ridiculous. The freedom I'm concerned about ia that of the people injured or killed by distracted drivers.

Oh such fun times in 'Post 911' America. Now the TSA is boasting about expanding their random highway checkpoints? How long before you see one near you? These new laws only make it easier for Big Brother to harass Citizens further. And of course the revenue doesn't hurt either. So enjoy your new Police State folks and Happy Holidays.

Paul's off his rocker.

No he isnt. He may be a bit more on the "dreaming" side in my eyes.....but he is by no means off his rocker. The man is true to his convictions; not a hypocrite; supportive in his claims and positions.....I cant think of any other politician that can claim even 75% of that.

Who's not concerned about drunk drivers? That battle was fought long ago. Alcohol used to be a mitigating factor, but now it's an aggravating one. Trying to pass this off as a freedom issue is ridiculous. The freedom I'm concerned about ia that of the people injured or killed by distracted drivers.
Have those DWI laws stopped people from drinking? After all you did say you wanted to be free from fear of people talking on a phone while driving. DWI laws haven't stopped people from driving drunk.

Oh such fun times in 'Post 911' America. Now the TSA is boasting about expanding their random highway checkpoints? How long before you see one near you? These new laws only make it easier for Big Brother to harass Citizens further. And of course the revenue doesn't hurt either. So enjoy your new Police State folks and Happy Holidays.

How is it you don't understand the topic of a thread you started?

Forum List

Back