CA Highway Patrol To Peer Into Driver Windows To Catch Cell Phone Use...

You're a fucking idiot.

Yea whatever. You just have your papers on you at all times. Unless you're an Illegal Alien. Because if you're an American Citizen,you will have to be punished for that offense. Because that's how much Big Brother loves you? A Non-Citizen now has more rights than you do. Isn't that great? But hey,it's for your own good. So enjoy your new America.

Thanks for proving my point.

Well,if believing that makes you happy than so be it i guess. Big Brother loves you so much that a Non-Citizen now has more rights than you do. You try not having your papers on you and we'll see how that goes for you. You get no free pass from your Government but a Non-Citizen does. You will have to be punished. And that's reality. It is very sad but it is what it is.

Big Brother loves you so much that a Non-Citizen now has more rights than you do.

You clearly have no idea how insulting you are being to people who have actually lived in and lived through those kind of repressive governments.

I would ask you to prove your ridiculous statement, but I know you won't. You're clearly here to be insulting and disrespectful while bumping your threads to boost your own ego.

Congrats, coward, you win "teh interwebs".

Big Brother loves you so much that a Non-Citizen now has more rights than you do.

You clearly have no idea how insulting you are being to people who have actually lived in and lived through those kind of repressive governments.

I would ask you to prove your ridiculous statement, but I know you won't. You're clearly here to be insulting and disrespectful while bumping your threads to boost your own ego.

Congrats, coward, you win "teh interwebs".

Which statement? You as an American Citizen are required to show your ID when requested to do so by authorities. If you don't comply,you can be punished. An Illegal Alien on the other hand,is not required to show valid Citizenship ID. That would be considered a violation of his or her rights by today's Government. You as an American Citizen are not afforded such rights. Just try not having your ID or refusing to show it to authorities and we'll see what happens to you. If you don't believe what i'm saying,just try it out and see for yourself...If you dare.

There is no law requiring anyone to carry ID. Refusal to give your name is a different case if you're being detained. Unfortunately, there is SCOTUS law on this and there is nothing we can do about it. As for Cali requiring this, well, I'd need to see a link. The supremacy clause of the US constitution would ultimately trump a civil rights violation that would force you to produce ID. Ditto for SSN's, place of work, and other moronic questions the pigs con you into answering.

Last edited:
You as an American Citizen are required to show your ID when requested to do so by authorities.
This is a lie.
An Illegal Alien on the other hand,is not required to show valid Citizenship ID.
This is a lie.

Half and half
If you are being detained you are required to show an ID if you aren't no you don't.
and I believe he's correct on the other part obama made sure of that.

Wrong. If you're being detained you need only give your name at the very least. They'll ask for DOB as well since they can match you up better from their pig database to check your for warrants, etc. We're not quite 1939 Germany yet.

This is a lie.

This is a lie.

Half and half
If you are being detained you are required to show an ID if you aren't no you don't.

Wrong. If you're being detained you need only give your name at the very least. They'll ask for DOB as well since they can match you up better from their pig database to check your for warrants, etc. We're not quite 1939 Germany yet.

Unless it's changed since I was a police officer I don't think so. When I arrested someone they had to submit an ID OR BE CHARGED WITH DELAY AN OBSTRUCTION

Half and half

Unless it's changed since I was a police officer I don't think so. When I arrested someone they had to submit an ID OR BE CHARGED WITH DELAY AN OBSTRUCTION
Were there any convictions?

As I understand the state of the law on this subject, one must identify himself if asked by the police, but showing an ID isn't required. However, as with a lot of things, police procedure may not always be in line with Supreme Court precedence.

There is no law requiring anyone to carry ID. Refusal to give your name is a different case if you're being detained. Unfortunately, there is SCOTUS law on this and there is nothing we can do about it. As for Cali requiring this, well, I'd need to see a link. The supremacy clause of the US constitution would ultimately trump a civil rights violation that would force you to produce ID. Ditto for SSN's, place of work, and other moronic questions the pigs con you into answering.

As of 2008, 24 states had stop-and-identify laws. Regardless of your state's law, keep in mind that police can never compel you to identify yourself without reasonable suspicion to believe you're involved in criminal activity.

When do I have to show police my ID? | How to Flex Your Rights During Police Encounters

As I understand the state of the law on this subject, one must identify himself if asked by the police, but showing an ID isn't required. However, as with a lot of things, police procedure may not always be in line with Supreme Court precedence.

I had two. But most of the time when asked peoplle would hand there ID during a traffic stop.

I had two. But most of the time when asked peoplle would hand there ID during a traffic stop.
Huh. Interesting.

Was this as a USAF cop or as a civilian cop? I'd hate to catch a case of obstruction in Federal court.

Damn.... I cant smoke a joint while driving in Cali???

Wait.... I cant do that here either.

Damn those clear windows!!!

:D

Huh. Interesting.

Was this as a USAF cop or as a civilian cop? I'd hate to catch a case of obstruction in Federal court.

Civilian. As I said the only time people were required to show an ID was when doing a vehicle stop. Or responding to an alarm and someone just happen to be near the alarm.

As of 2008, 24 states had stop-and-identify laws. Regardless of your state's law, keep in mind that police can never compel you to identify yourself without reasonable suspicion to believe you're involved in criminal activity.
Unfortunately, the Reasonable Suspicion requirement, which is nothing more than a hunch, is a semantic dilution from what once was the Probable Cause requirement which required some form of materially supportable evidence to justify a search.

The Probable Cause requirement is one more victim of the War on Drugs.

Unfortunately, the Reasonable Suspicion requirement, which is nothing more than a hunch, is a semantic dilution from what once was the Probable Cause requirement which required some form of materially supportable evidence to justify a search.

The Probable Cause requirement is one more victim of the War on Drugs.

If you are stopped while operating a vehicle that is reason enough to ask for an ID.

And the march towards absolute Authoritarian-rule continues.

Cellphone talkers and texters, beware. California Highway Patrol officers around Sacramento have special marching orders on Friday and Saturday:

Find you and ticket you.

"If someone is driving distracted, we want officers to issue citations," said CHP spokesman Adrian Quintero.

Also on Friday, plainclothes officers and volunteers with clipboards will be stationed on foot at several major intersections around Sacramento, peering into passing car windows and noting the types of distracted driving they see.

Similar tallies will be taken in the Auburn and Stockton areas. They won't be ticketing. They'll be gathering data to be forwarded to the California Office of Traffic Safety as part of an emerging statewide campaign to understand and combat distracted driving.

Read more here: CHP plans 24-hour crackdown on drivers using cellphones - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

THIS is what you consider "authoritarian rule"? Take another valium, feakshow.

I'm sure the TSA will have to get in on this one. Look for a checkpoint near you. Enjoy your Holidays.

Your overly dramatic, alarmist responses are always entertaining.

I do enjoy, though, your new stance that laws shouldn't be enforced.

Just have your papers on you too. Because i'm sure the TSA is salivating over this stuff. They can't wait to get all those checkpoints out there. What a wonderful country we've become. :(

So, the TSA is your personal boogeyman, eh? What happened, did you get an overly long and intimate pat-down by a TSA guy at the airport one day that you can't stop fantasizing about?

Oh,and have your papers on you at all times too. Because only Illegal Aliens get a pass on that ID thing (Another wonderful Homeland Security travesty). All American Citizens are required to have their ID's on them at all times. So no pass for you. Oh,Police States. They're so fun ay?

You're a fucking idiot.

Yea whatever. You just have your papers on you at all times. Unless you're an Illegal Alien. Because if you're an American Citizen,you will have to be punished for that offense. Because that's how much Big Brother loves you? A Non-Citizen now has more rights than you do. Isn't that great? But hey,it's for your own good. So enjoy your new America.

Part of your mental illness involves repeating yourself endlessly, huh?

I don't see any point to the question of whether (the driver) must show ID during a traffic stop. A driver is required to show his/her license on demand of the officer. And a driver license is ID.

As to other occcupants of the vehicle, that is a different story.

Forum List

Back