CA Highway Patrol To Peer Into Driver Windows To Catch Cell Phone Use...

Half and half
If you are being detained you are required to show an ID if you aren't no you don't.
and I believe he's correct on the other part obama made sure of that.

Wrong. If you're being detained you need only give your name at the very least. They'll ask for DOB as well since they can match you up better from their pig database to check your for warrants, etc. We're not quite 1939 Germany yet.

Unless it's changed since I was a police officer I don't think so. When I arrested someone they had to submit an ID OR BE CHARGED WITH DELAY AN OBSTRUCTION

This may have been your practice, but people don't need to carry ID with them. IF you are stopped while driving a car, the driver has to produce a driver's license. Passengers don't have to have a driver's license, they aren't driving.

I live in a very walkable area. I'll put my keys and money in a pocket leaving my wallet home. If I were stopped for any reason, I would not have ID on me, nor am I required to have ID since I'm not engaged in any activity for which ID is required.

Wrong. If you're being detained you need only give your name at the very least. They'll ask for DOB as well since they can match you up better from their pig database to check your for warrants, etc. We're not quite 1939 Germany yet.

Unless it's changed since I was a police officer I don't think so. When I arrested someone they had to submit an ID OR BE CHARGED WITH DELAY AN OBSTRUCTION

This may have been your practice, but people don't need to carry ID with them. IF you are stopped while driving a car, the driver has to produce a driver's license. Passengers don't have to have a driver's license, they aren't driving.

I live in a very walkable area. I'll put my keys and money in a pocket leaving my wallet home. If I were stopped for any reason, I would not have ID on me, nor am I required to have ID since I'm not engaged in any activity for which ID is required.

Try driving with out a DL and get stopped and refuse to show it. I dare you. But I never said a passenger had to produce any form of ID now did I?

Last edited:

Try driving with out a DL and get stopped and refuse to show it. I dare you. But I never said a passenger had to produce any form of ID now did I?

Yea,some will never get it. They'll just go on living in denial. American Citizens better have their ID's on them at all times. Because our current Government is only giving Illegal Aliens passes on that. Big Brother believes Non-Citizens deserve more rights than Citizens do. It's a real mess.

Forum List

Back