Ca GOP creates fake health care website to discourage constituents

that is not a fake website, it is an information site and in fact links to the actual california site.

care to try again....
The link to the real site was added after this story blew up in their faces.

Update, 7:15 a.m. Dec. 3: The California GOP revised its shadow website for the Affordable Care Act roughly two hours after this post first appeared. The site's homepage now carries a direct link to the state insurance exchange Covered California, as well as more prominent links to Covered California on the "Learn More" tab and the "I don’t have insurance" tab.

An underhanded anti-Obamacare stunt by the California GOP [updated] - latimes.com

they never claimed their site was obamacare

stop lying
:lol:

Then why did they change it once it was exposed?

Face it. The GOP was behind it, as you rubes so desperately tried to deny. Now you are desperately moving the goalposts. :lol:

Are there no depths to which the GOP will not sink?<my comment

Daily Kos: California GOP creates fake health care website to discourage constituents from obtaining insurance

California Republicans are desperate and shameless. In the past two weeks, GOP Assembly members have sent mailings out on what appears to be the state's dime to their constituents about health insurance. Only, they don't direct those people to CoveredCA.com to sign up. Instead, they send them to their own astroturf version with the url CoveringHealthCareCA.com.
On their version, there are links to negative articles and twisted messages intended to sour people on signing up for health insurance before they ever land at the official health exchange site.

the OP claims that the site is a fake healthcare website...i did not see the name until now....upon visiting the site, it is clear it does not claim to be obamacare, nor a healthcare site, it says clearly it is only a helper site

you guys are so desperate for anything you can't be bothered with the truth

The link to the real site was added after this story blew up in their faces.

An underhanded anti-Obamacare stunt by the California GOP [updated] - latimes.com

they never claimed their site was obamacare

stop lying
:lol:

Then why did they change it once it was exposed?

Face it. The GOP was behind it, as you rubes so desperately tried to deny. Now you are desperately moving the goalposts. :lol:

i don't believe they changed it, and if they did, by adding a supposed link, to shut up liars like you. they clearly don't want liars like you making false claims, so they are taking extra steps to ensure you can't lie anymore. +

From the announcement of the launch of the fake site:

&#8220;Our new website will give Californians the answers they are seeking and help them navigate through the confusing bureaucracy of the new federal health care law with ease."

A lie.

It didn't even contain any links to sign up for insurance. Only after being busted did they link to the real web site.

anyone who wants the truth, go to the site and click i don't have insurance...it directs to the actual california site, it does not at all try to fool you

another liberal lie destroyed

Daily Kos: California GOP creates fake health care website to discourage constituents from obtaining insurance

California Republicans are desperate and shameless. In the past two weeks, GOP Assembly members have sent mailings out on what appears to be the state's dime to their constituents about health insurance. Only, they don't direct those people to CoveredCA.com to sign up. Instead, they send them to their own astroturf version with the url CoveringHealthCareCA.com.
On their version, there are links to negative articles and twisted messages intended to sour people on signing up for health insurance before they ever land at the official health exchange site.

That's just fucking sad.

Conservatives are pathetic.

This will not distract people from the fact that ObamaCare is a colossal failure, but I guess it's all you have to hang your hat on right now.

I don't have health insurance |Covered California

Obtaining Coverage

Under the Affordable Care Act, there are three ways for uninsured people without the option of employer-based coverage to get health insurance, based on income:
1) You can purchase insurance independently (through a licensed insurance broker or directly from a health insurance company).
2) You can buy a plan at the state's new health insurance marketplace called Covered California. <this is an actual link to the california site
3) You may also be covered by an expansion of Medi-Cal, the state government's health insurance program for low-income individuals and families.

Eligibility of expanded Medi-Cal program: If your 2013 income is the same or less than the number that corresponds to your household size in the chart below, you are likely eligible for Medi-Cal. If your income is higher than the number you see below, you may buy insurance from a licensed insurance broker, directly from an insurance company, or through the Covered California marketplace.

Insurance coverage in the private market or through Covered California

You may continue to purchase health insurance through a licensed broker or directly from insurance companies. Any licensed insurance company must offer plans that meet the federal minimum requirements. Additional plans may be available that suit your particular needs.

Covered California: Covered California offers four qualified health plans similar to those available on the private market today. These plans comply with the Affordable Care Act

Come on lefties. ....focus. Think about the mess the ironically named "affordable care act" has made and try to make sense of it it. It ain't about some obscure site that the Obama-care act has created by it's negligence, it's about the freaking law that the president seems to think he has the power to change at the stroke of a pen.

LOL @ calling that a fake health care website.

Sounds like you're pretending that they set up a phony site which would take information and claim to be insuring you.

It's an informational site. A real information site. Which in fact directs people to CoveredCA.com.

Edit: I see a story saying that it did not originally have a link to CoveredCA.com. That same story said the site was announced in August. No sneaking. No fakery. No pretense of being a place where you can get a policy. It's an informational site.

Edit #2: As shown on the cached page Yurt linked, it appears that it did have a link to CoveredCA.com after all. And after all the hooplah, it is still an informational site. Not one of the notorious fake sites.

Last edited:
So, the left doesn't want to admit that the gross lack of security at the real website and the fact that the inept jerks who built the website failed to purchase all web names similar to Obamacare for security, so they try to find something else to get people upset.

It's been estimated that nearly 700 fake websites have been launched since the disastrous Obamacare website opened. The real website is still not secure, so you're equally at risk whether you get to the real one or a fake one. People have a right to know that the current Obamacare site is unsecure and you really have little choice.

1/3 of people who think they signed up on Obamacare aren't really signed up because the information was lost. Navigators are selling information and helping some cheat. The liberals look away from all that and then pretend to be shocked at another website.

The only thing keeping people from purchasing health insurance at Obamacare is the website itself and then many are wisely choosing not to even go there.

This sounds like another lame attempt to lash out at Republicans because they were right about how crappy Obamacare is. The new law sucks. Where is the "pro choice" crowd to complain about the lack of choices we now have regarding our own health care?

Last edited:

I love watching the wingnuts go into denial whenever facts are posted that they dislike or cannot disprove. There is also humor watching how if they cannot disprove a post they do not like they immediately turn to attacking the poster. My God, one would think they would grow up and start behaving like adults rather than whiney children.
The bottom line for these gop'ers is that they are supporting a party that is full of shit. Those who would do such a thing have no respect for themselves.

When a ship sinks it is the rats who leave the ship first. As the gop sinks it is the people with intelligence who are fleeing the gop and it is the rats who are staying behind.

Yurt, here is the cached site you posted:

2zsbuyt.gif

Here is the site right now:

2n994dk.gif

See the difference?

You just proved the LA Times right.

It was a dick move intended to mislead people who are trying to get insurance. That is a sick tactic. The CA GOP is working hard to ensure ObamaCare fails.

Last edited:
the LA times claimed it added a link on the "i don't have insurance" page....the link was already there.

don't look at the side links, those are the same for all pages and the LA times was right about adding that link. but the link on the second page was already there.

sorry bub, you were lied to and you fell for it. the site clearly says it is a resource site, it doesn't attempt to sell you insurance, nor does it ever claim to be the official site. and when it tells you where to get insurance it links you directly to the official site.

stop lying about that.

Forum List

Back