Ca GOP creates fake health care website to discourage constituents

I don't have health insurance |Covered California

that is a cached view of the link "don't have health insurance" from november 29. as can be seen it does in fact contain a link directly to CA's official site

No, it does not.

yes it does liar.

Obtaining Coverage

Under the Affordable Care Act, there are three ways for uninsured people without the option of employer-based coverage to get health insurance, based on income:
1) You can purchase insurance independently (through a licensed insurance broker or directly from a health insurance company).
2) You can buy a plan at the state's new health insurance marketplace called Covered California.

the highlighted is a hyperlink on the cached page....click on it and apologize for lying to people

Are there no depths to which the GOP will not sink?<my comment

Daily Kos: California GOP creates fake health care website to discourage constituents from obtaining insurance

California Republicans are desperate and shameless. In the past two weeks, GOP Assembly members have sent mailings out on what appears to be the state's dime to their constituents about health insurance. Only, they don't direct those people to CoveredCA.com to sign up. Instead, they send them to their own astroturf version with the url CoveringHealthCareCA.com.
On their version, there are links to negative articles and twisted messages intended to sour people on signing up for health insurance before they ever land at the official health exchange site.

dailykos.com, a libercommie site, ha ha ha :lmao: like that place full of commies spreading propaganda has any credibility ? ha ha ha :lmao:

The site was built by Republicans. An official government employee registered the site with her government address.

It was named similarly to the official health insurance web site. This was not a coincidence. You do not need to create a web site with a similar name so you can direct people to the real web site. You only do that if you intent is to mislead people. This is commonly known to be a tried and true method of con men.

The site does not identify itself as an organ of the GOP, which it is.

Since being exposed, they have altered their web site to point more directly to the official web site, which is an admission of their guilt.

Last edited:

that is a cached view of the link "don't have health insurance" from november 29. as can be seen it does in fact contain a link directly to CA's official site

No, it does not.

Yes it does. I see it on the cached page Yurt linked. It's just further down on the page from where it is located on the current version of the page. They may have moved it closer to the top of the page in response to people hassling them about it.

No, it does not.

yes it does liar.

Obtaining Coverage

Under the Affordable Care Act, there are three ways for uninsured people without the option of employer-based coverage to get health insurance, based on income:
1) You can purchase insurance independently (through a licensed insurance broker or directly from a health insurance company).
2) You can buy a plan at the state's new health insurance marketplace called Covered California.

the highlighted is a hyperlink on the cached page....click on it and apologize for lying to people

From the link at the top of the page:

This is Google's cache of I don't have health insurance |Covered California. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Nov 29, 2013 12:30:07 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or &#8984;-F (Mac) and use the find bar.

So you're admitting to being a lying POS. CA GOP has nothing to do with it.

[do you know Texas has the most citizens of all the 50 states without health insurance?]

But, I digress. You OKTexass have no evidence a lie was committed, and the evidence suggests no lie was committed. That makes your allegation a lie and you a liar. Sadly, to convict you of a lie one must prove intent and most would agree you're too damn dumb to plan ahead. I'd bet you shit your pants at least thrice a week.

Excuse me dumbass, did the OP admit that it hasn't been linked to the GOP or not? That means his thread title was a premeditated lie. FOAD

The site was built by Republicans. An official government employee registered the site with her government address.

It was named similarly to the official health insurance web site. This was not a coincidence. You do not need to create a web site with a similar name so you can direct people to the real web site. You only do that if you intent is to mislead people. This is commonly known to be a tried and true method of con men.

The site does not identify itself as an organ of the GOP, which it is.

Since being exposed, they have altered their web site to point more directly to the official web site, which is an admission of their guilt.

more lies....right at the bottom of the page:

Disclaimer - Privacy Policy - Assembly Republican Caucus

man, you just can't quit, it's like you're embarrassed for getting caught and are doubling down.

Question: Do Republicans/Conservatives/Tea Baggers get angry when they find out they've been lied to or mislead by their own party??

do you?.....i have never seen you ever say anything about things posted here about some of the shit that your little party does....all you do is either defend their shit or make excuses or bad mouth Republicans for bringing things up......maybe you should clear that up first before you talk about the other guys.....just sayin....

Daily Kos: California GOP creates fake health care website to discourage constituents from obtaining insurance

California Republicans are desperate and shameless. In the past two weeks, GOP Assembly members have sent mailings out on what appears to be the state's dime to their constituents about health insurance. Only, they don't direct those people to CoveredCA.com to sign up. Instead, they send them to their own astroturf version with the url CoveringHealthCareCA.com.
On their version, there are links to negative articles and twisted messages intended to sour people on signing up for health insurance before they ever land at the official health exchange site.

That's just fucking sad.

Conservatives are pathetic.

all of them Synth or just some?....

well California is the "Stupid Capitol Of The World".

And, all the other places?

How about all the DOS attacks?

Its not California that is stupid. Its people who make excuses for illegal activity by the right that is aimed at harming Americans.

What illegal activity? Provide examples. And don't post any shit found on left wing blogs.

Yawn--can you find a better source than some remote website that uses such foul language? At least they would appear to be more plausible if they could speak better English.--:lol::lol:

I am really glad about this fauxrage thread. Thanks to the information posted here I was able to quickly and concisely respond when a liberal friend posted the story on facebook. She weakly tried to backpedal and change the meaning of the word "fake" but there wasn't much she could say since I was armed with the facts.

So thanks for this thread!

Whoever did this needs to go to jail.

LOL @ calling that a fake health care website.

Sounds like you're pretending that they set up a phony site which would take information and claim to be insuring you.

It's an informational site. A real information site. Which in fact directs people to CoveredCA.com.

Edit: I see a story saying that it did not originally have a link to CoveredCA.com. That same story said the site was announced in August. No sneaking. No fakery. No pretense of being a place where you can get a policy. It's an informational site.

Edit #2: As shown on the cached page Yurt linked, it appears that it did have a link to CoveredCA.com after all. And after all the hooplah, it is still an informational site. Not one of the notorious fake sites.
Bullshit. It's a site designed to confuse Californians into believing that the California healthcare site is also buggy and broken.

Conservatives can't win on their ideology and beliefs, so they engage in misdirection and misinformation.

Like I said: pathetic.

That's just fucking sad.

Conservatives are pathetic.

all of them Synth or just some?....
All of the ones who spread lies and misinformation. :)

LOL @ calling that a fake health care website.

Sounds like you're pretending that they set up a phony site which would take information and claim to be insuring you.

It's an informational site. A real information site. Which in fact directs people to CoveredCA.com.

Edit: I see a story saying that it did not originally have a link to CoveredCA.com. That same story said the site was announced in August. No sneaking. No fakery. No pretense of being a place where you can get a policy. It's an informational site.

Edit #2: As shown on the cached page Yurt linked, it appears that it did have a link to CoveredCA.com after all. And after all the hooplah, it is still an informational site. Not one of the notorious fake sites.
Bullshit. It's a site designed to confuse Californians into believing that the California healthcare site is also buggy and broken.

Conservatives can't win on their ideology and beliefs, so they engage in misdirection and misinformation.
Like I said: pathetic.

No that is what Liberals do. They are the ones who attack and misinform.

The Site gives correct information.
The New Health Care Act does raise taxes by 502.1 Billion
Taxes |Covered California

So the left finds this upsetting but the if you like your current healthcare plan and doctor you can keep them period you were fine with wow.

What's that? Another echo from a chamber member? Yep, sad but true, the Echo Chamber, lacking any ability to forge an original idea, remains stuck in the netherworld of the talking point. Parrots have a more ordered and interesting way about them.

Forum List

Back