Bwahahahaha! USDA official resigns amid race controversy

She got booted and i'm happy about that but i still have to ask how she got such a high ranking job in the first place. She was a blatant radical Leftist racist. This should be looked into further.

Racism is an unfortunate thing, no matter what side it comes from. One thing I am a little baffled by is that white people are absolutely shocked and outraged if a black person who finally has decision making power has a racial bias when yielding their authority. People of color have been systematically discriminated against for the bulk of US history.

Haven't black people been on the wrong end of this to a much more disproportionate degree than whites? So when whites find concrete evidence of this against them, they go crazy like 'how could someone do this to us and get away with it'?

Just saying, now whites get a small glimpse of how others feel about the discrimination whites have imposed on so many people throughout history.

The main thing that should come out of this is: Everyone hates being discriminated against in this way. Now, white people should know when they discriminate and expect government and policy to only favor them, this is exactly how other, less represented groups feel.

So you are honestly saying that racism against white people is okay because black people have been the targets of racism? That is simply sick. Racism is wrong IN ALL OF ITS FORMS, and should never be tolerated under any circumstances, white black or martian.

No, that's not what I'm saying. Read the 1st line of my post.

I'm simply saying I wouldn't be so surprised that reverse discrimination could happen on occassion, given the history of minorities in this country.

This situation, however, is just another example in the long line of racist attacks by conservatives. That, my friend, is sick.

Last edited:
NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous issued the following statement Monday:

"Since our founding in 1909, the NAACP has been a multi-racial, multi-faith organization that-- while generally rooted in African American communities-- fights to end racial discrimination against all Americans.

We concur with US Agriculture Secretary Vilsack in accepting the resignation of Shirley Sherrod for her remarks at a local NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

Racism is about the abuse of power. Sherrod had it in her position at USDA. According to her remarks, she mistreated a white farmer in need of assistance because of his race.

We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers.

Her actions were shameful. While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man.

The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action.

We thank those who brought this to our national office's attention, as there are hundreds of local fundraising dinners each year.

Sherrod's behavior is even more intolerable in light of the US Department of Agriculture's well documented history of denying opportunities to African American, Latino, Asian American, and Native American farmers, as well as female farmers of all races. Currently, justice for many of these farmers is being held up by Congress. We would hope all who share our outrage at Sherrod's statements would join us in pushing for these cases to be remedied.

The NAACP will continue to advance the ideals of America and fight for freedom, justice and fairness for all Americans."

NAACP Plans To Investigate Its Own

Now, that being posted let me say this...

TM, you often rail against those who seemingly defend racism amomg their ranks, you, if I'm not mistaken, are among those who label the Tea Party as racists because of a few bad apples, and yet here you are doing pretty much the same with regard Shirley Sherrod. How do you know she learned anything other than how to hide her racism? Unless you know her personally you can't possibly know whether or not she is a better person because of her racism.

You can't have it both ways. Benjamin Jealous called it racism, why can't you?

Furthermore, based on the comments of Mr. Jealous, "The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action," and by using the standards established by many on the left who have labeled the Tea Party "racist," can we now all assume that the NAACP is a racist group as well? Yes, yes we can...

Now in light of the fact that I listened to the tape and knew what she was trying to say and was right aabout it how do you feel about my posts?

All the information one needed to understand this womans intent was in the tape snippets yet the right could only see racism. Why were you peole so ready to see her as a racist?

The video of her statement was edited and spliced to make it appear that she was talking about her feelings now. Then the far right media sold it as fact. You know like "I quit" Palin kept talking about death squads in the HC Reform law. I guess if the far right cannot win by outright lying, they will change the tape and edit people's statements. Very sad...

No, she never said that she didn't say what was in the tape, only that it was out of context. What they did was release a portion of the tape. I would like to hear the whole thing but what she said was pretty damning. If she had a change of heart, good for her, but that doesn't change the fact that she was a racist and who knows how many whites suffered because of that.

The video of her statement was edited and spliced to make it appear that she was talking about her feelings now. Then the far right media sold it as fact. You know like "I quit" Palin kept talking about death squads in the HC Reform law. I guess if the far right cannot win by outright lying, they will change the tape and edit people's statements. Very sad...

No, she never said that she didn't say what was in the tape, only that it was out of context. What they did was release a portion of the tape. I would like to hear the whole thing but what she said was pretty damning. If she had a change of heart, good for her, but that doesn't change the fact that she was a racist and who knows how many whites suffered because of that.
I know. Zero.

YouTube - NAACP Bigotry in their ranks

YouTube - Federal jobs

Well, we know about this from my other post. Looks like the NAACP had no comment about this monday. Well look who's losing her job and adding to Obama's unemployment numbers! :lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
An employee of the Department of Agriculture has resigned, after posted video Monday of her describing a time in the past when she hadn't used the "full force" of her abilities to help a farmer because he was white.
In the video, Shirley Sherrod, who is black, recounts having been asked to help a white farmer avoid foreclosure. She says she was torn over how much to help him because so many black farmers were also struggling, and decided to do just enough to be able to say she'd tried:

I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough. ... So I took him to a white lawyer. ... So I figured if I would take him to one of them, his own kind would take care of him.

Sherrod spoke to on Tuesday, explaining that she told the story of her actions — which, she said, occurred 24 years ago when she was working for a nonprofit, not the USDA — to illustrate how she has since realized that everything is not about race but "about those who have versus those who do not have." She says she later became friends with the farmer and his wife.

USDA official resigns amid race controversy - Yahoo! News

Now that's some funny stuff. What's even funnier is in the second video she arrogantly tells her audience how she can't lose her job.

Well, looks like she was wrong on that one!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Where is the thread on you apologizing for this crap that you got suckered in to and believed?

The Right Wing media that cut and edited this tape of what this woman said, should go to jail.....was it Fox News that edited it or Briebart news that edited it?

I know Fox was running this OUT OF CONTEXT VIDEO 24/7 with lots of commentary....they should be ashamed of themselves.

WHY OH WHY does the right wingers need to lie and cheat and edit videos to incite racism against Blacks?

I HOPE this woman sues those that edited it and cut out what she REALLY SAID....

they have ruined her life.

Care

Okay, I haven't watched the whole thing but it seems to me if she was innocent, she should never have resigned and if they fired her, she'd have proof on tape to clear her. I will try to watch the whole thing tomorrow when I have 45 minutes clear.

I know. Zero.

Really? How do you know? She told ONE story of her racism. Do you really think there aren't others? Do you know anyone who's a racist that is only racist ONCE???

After watching the 43 minute video on the NAACP website it is obvious she had a good message to tell, it is also obvious the video is edited at the 20:58 mark on the NAACP website as well.....what was left out of it this time?

Is Breitbart correct about the audience reaction? Yes.....

The real crime in this is the WH not doing a better job, imagine if they had to deal with a real crisis????

The Democrat party, the Republican party, the NAACP, the Tea Party, the YMCA, AAA, take your pick. You'll find racism and bigotry everywhere. That doesn't mean everyone in a particular group is bad...
That's true......and, it IS all economic, by nature.

When times are bad, economically, people (of the 'Bagger-persuasion) have a limited point-of-reference.....and, have a tendency to respond in a more-"traditional" way.​

"The Great Depression brought mass suffering to all regions of the country. National income dropped by 50 percent and unemployment rose to an estimated 25 percent of the total labor force. At the same time, twenty million Americans turned to public and private relief agencies for assistance. As the "Last Hired and the First Fired," African Americans entered the Depression long before the stock market crash in 1929, and they stayed there longer than other Americans.

As the number of rural blacks seeking jobs in cities escalated, urban black workers experienced increasing difficulties. Black urban unemployment reached well over 50 percent, more than twice the rate of whites. In southern cities, white workers rallied around such slogans as, "No Jobs for ******* Until Every White Man Has a Job" and "*******, back to the cotton fields—city jobs are for white folks." The most violent episodes took place on southern railroads, as unionized white workers and the railroad brotherhoods intimidated, attacked, and murdered black firemen in order to take their jobs. Nearly a dozen black firemen lost their jobs in various parts of the South. As one contemporary observer succinctly stated, "The shotgun, the whip, the noose, and Ku Klux Klan practices were being resumed in the certainty that dead men not only tell no tales, but create vacancies."

blackleg7.gif

Here's a more-current variation on:

".....dead men not only tell no tales, but create vacancies."

guess what this story was designed to step on?

The finacial bill signing.

This has been orchastated by the right to keep the TV from showing pictures of its signing.

The right wing is race baiting to keep good shots of Obama off the airwaves.

They are USING race for political gain

This has been orchastated by the right to keep the TV from showing pictures of its signing.

I guess that's always possible, but.....This Story is an old-one.....and, has ALWAYS been about Exclusion; our lazy, White Trash population Excluding Blacks as competition from whatever economic-opportunities. It's what Racism has ALWAYS been-about.

The fact it happened at-the-same-time, as the Financial Regulation bill, is merely a coincidence (in my eyes).

Even that pig, Breitbart, admits:

"What this video clearly shows is a standard that the Tea Party has not been held to," said Breitbart. "The NAACP, it shows people in the audience there, applauding her when she discriminates against a white farmer. That was the point that I was trying to make."

I'd figured Porky Breitbart was (merely) trying to distract from the fact the New-Black-Panther-issue never got the Teabaggers the traction they'd expected.​

They are USING race for political gain

LMAO. The right is race baiting. One right wing blogger does something unethical and the right is race baiting.

A host of left wing bloggers and the NAACP calling the tea partyers racists without prrof is not race baiting, but one right wing blogger overstepping his boundaries amounts to the entire right being race baiters.

Typical partisan naive post by an obvious closed and simple minded lonely woman with nothing to be proud of but her ability to regurgitate what she reads on her left wing blogs.

Get a mind of your own.....although it seems it is a little late for you honey.

Fox never asked for the original tape from a guy who had a history of bad tape?

Then your choice it Fox are so biased they didnt ask for the tape to check it or Fox knew they tape was altered and played it anyway.

either way they are fucking BAD journalists

TM, you biased asshole.

The NAACP had the tape. They just didn't bother to look at it.

THe USDA didn't bother to get the tape and look at it.

THe WH didn't bother to get the tape either

Guess that makes them JUST as biased as FOX. Yes??

I'll be waiting for your UNBIASED response. LMAO

Forum List

Back