Bwahahahaha! USDA official resigns amid race controversy

didn't I put you on ig...

OH!

YOU were the "other one!"

Thank you for piping up with yet MORE of what I am NOW paying :eek: to Ignore!

Amazing hatchet job by Fox News..they should be very proud

they didn't hatchet anything liar

actually, they did... the lie is saying they didn't.

yet another example of how obama should have told the rightwingnuts where to stick it.

did she or did she not use her power at the time in a racist manner?

she said she did as she could have done more, but didn't

sorry, you can't take that away...i know she is sorry, but you there is no lie about her racism

It is true this woman made some racist-tinged commentary regarding past performance of her government funded job.

It is also true that when taken in full context of the apparent entirety of video, there is some redemptive qualities in her racist-tinged story.

The far bigger story is how the Obama White House pissed itself in attempting to stamp out the story on some blog by firing her post-haste.

It's the "cops acted stupidly" thing all over again - Obama has learned NOTHING in his 2 1/2 years of job training.

The guy continues to prove he is an utterly inept, thin-skinned, pansy assed chump...

It is true this woman made some racist-tinged commentary regarding past performance of her government funded job.

Actually, from what I have read, at the time of her 1986 encounter with the farmer, she was working for a non-profit that aided black farmers and organized cooperatives.

At the time of her 1986 encounter with the farmer, she was working for a non-profit that aided black farmers and organized cooperatives.

Shirley Sherrod, USDA Official, Says White House Forced Her to Quit Over Allegedly Racist Stance
If you consider a "non-profit organization" to be a "government funded job", then your above statement is correct.

EDIT: She worked here: Federation of Southern Cooperatives/Land Assistance Fund

Last edited:
The video of her statement was edited and spliced to make it appear that she was talking about her feelings now. Then the far right media sold it as fact. You know like "I quit" Palin kept talking about death squads in the HC Reform law. I guess if the far right cannot win by outright lying, they will change the tape and edit people's statements. Very sad...

no it wasn't you dishonest hack...she whole time she is talking about the past, back when chapter 12 bankruptcy was enacted for farmers....tell me...when did that occur?

the tape wasn't edited, like nearly every news org out there, it was shortened to the relevant section and she fully admitted she didn't help him as best she could because he was white

bigot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NcCa_KjXk]YouTube - The FULL Shirley Sherrod video[/ame]

16:38 - 21:25

She was talking about a situation where she learned that the prejudices that she had, were dead wrong, and that her purpose was to not help poor black farmers, but to help poor farmers.

It is quite clear that she was admitting an error in judgement that she learned from and changed from, rather than bragging about how she screwed a white guy. The LATTER is how Breitbart and Fox protrayed her through their editing (selective out-of-context cropping)

The video of her statement was edited and spliced to make it appear that she was talking about her feelings now. Then the far right media sold it as fact. You know like "I quit" Palin kept talking about death squads in the HC Reform law. I guess if the far right cannot win by outright lying, they will change the tape and edit people's statements. Very sad...

no it wasn't you dishonest hack...she whole time she is talking about the past, back when chapter 12 bankruptcy was enacted for farmers....tell me...when did that occur?

the tape wasn't edited, like nearly every news org out there, it was shortened to the relevant section and she fully admitted she didn't help him as best she could because he was white

bigot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9NcCa_KjXk]YouTube - The FULL Shirley Sherrod video[/ame]

16:38 - 21:25

She was talking about a situation where she learned that the prejudices that she had, were dead wrong, and that her purpose was to not help poor black farmers, but to help poor farmers.

It is quite clear that she was admitting an error in judgement that she learned from and changed from, rather than bragging about how she screwed a white guy. The LATTER is how Breitbart and Fox protrayed her through their editing (selective out-of-context cropping)

please show proof of fox news editing....do you even realize other news channels besides fox ran the same story, its cute how you call out only fox though

now, lets see fox's specific editing

It's the "cops acted stupidly" thing all over again - Obama has learned NOTHING in his 2 1/2 years of job training.

The guy continues to prove he is an utterly inept, thin-skinned, pansy assed chump...
I wouldn't (even) consider defending what The Whitehouse had done (and, who KNOWS who-it-was, within The Whitehouse, who initiated this amateurish-move), but we can always rely on you "conservatives" to identify those-people as the primary-problem. :rolleyes:

"The GOP is brilliant at one thing, and that is tearing people down. Because they left this country in such tatters it's an easy scam to pull off, because hard-working Americans are vulnerable pickings. They have to try and survive in a world destroyed by conservative values. The con is easy. Just blame everything on President Barack Obama."

"As the President so often says, "You're entitled to your opinions, but not your own facts." It might have been good for the folks in the White House to actually think about that before reacting to a lying liar scum like Andrew Breitbart."

Last edited:
And she claims she learned that race shouldnt be a factor because of the experience.

Good for her if she really did learn that lesson, but she still deserved to be fired. Even if it was 22 years ago. Noway this was an isolated incident, and if she had been white Obama would have flown her to the WH for a beer and an ass whipping.

You have got to be fuckin' kidding...
Yes...he's an idiot.

YouTube - NAACP Bigotry in their ranks

YouTube - Federal jobs

Well, we know about this from my other post. Looks like the NAACP had no comment about this monday. Well look who's losing her job and adding to Obama's unemployment numbers! :lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
An employee of the Department of Agriculture has resigned, after posted video Monday of her describing a time in the past when she hadn't used the "full force" of her abilities to help a farmer because he was white.
In the video, Shirley Sherrod, who is black, recounts having been asked to help a white farmer avoid foreclosure. She says she was torn over how much to help him because so many black farmers were also struggling, and decided to do just enough to be able to say she'd tried:

I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough. ... So I took him to a white lawyer. ... So I figured if I would take him to one of them, his own kind would take care of him.

Sherrod spoke to on Tuesday, explaining that she told the story of her actions — which, she said, occurred 24 years ago when she was working for a nonprofit, not the USDA — to illustrate how she has since realized that everything is not about race but "about those who have versus those who do not have." She says she later became friends with the farmer and his wife.

USDA official resigns amid race controversy - Yahoo! News

Now that's some funny stuff. What's even funnier is in the second video she arrogantly tells her audience how she can't lose her job.

Well, looks like she was wrong on that one!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Where is the thread on you apologizing for this crap that you got suckered in to and believed?

The Right Wing media that cut and edited this tape of what this woman said, should go to jail.....was it Fox News that edited it or Briebart news that edited it?

I know Fox was running this OUT OF CONTEXT VIDEO 24/7 with lots of commentary....they should be ashamed of themselves.

WHY OH WHY does the right wingers need to lie and cheat and edit videos to incite racism against Blacks?

I HOPE this woman sues those that edited it and cut out what she REALLY SAID....

they have ruined her life.

Care

Fox is the klan dressed up in a community college communication degree.
They are fair and balanced. Balanced between far right and militia.

the white farmer that she said this about was on the news this morning saying in NO WAY was this woman racist and that she actually helped him save his farm.

bigot

Unbelievable!

video
it was revealed to me it's about poor vs. those that have and not so much about white... it is about white and black.. it's not.. it opened my eyes
It is that part that I disliked the most. She is stating that it is STILL about white and black and that IS racist. With the full video, I can honestly say that she should not have been fired and not to make national news at this level. Here statements were not indicative of a racist and most certainly not reason to be fired.

To the libs out here though, you are looking as bad as the cons while attacking fox for editing when fox did not edit the video and played what was released. Unless you can point out some evidence that it was fox that shortened the vid then there is nothing to stand on here, particularly if there were other networks involved. Fox DOES deserve criticism for not digging in this story further and should also be criticized if they have not reported the full story after the release of the entire video. I would like to hear from some of the cons if they have, in fact, done so. If they have not then that is a serious grievance against the public. Usually Fox will at least recant when more evidence comes out that shows they were incorrect.

Fox never asked for the original tape from a guy who had a history of bad tape?

Then your choice it Fox are so biased they didnt ask for the tape to check it or Fox knew they tape was altered and played it anyway.

either way they are fucking BAD journalists

She got booted and i'm happy about that but i still have to ask how she got such a high ranking job in the first place. She was a blatant radical Leftist racist. This should be looked into further.

Racism is an unfortunate thing, no matter what side it comes from. One thing I am a little baffled by is that white people are absolutely shocked and outraged if a black person who finally has decision making power has a racial bias when yielding their authority. People of color have been systematically discriminated against for the bulk of US history.

Haven't black people been on the wrong end of this to a much more disproportionate degree than whites? So when whites find concrete evidence of this against them, they go crazy like 'how could someone do this to us and get away with it'?

Just saying, now whites get a small glimpse of how others feel about the discrimination whites have imposed on so many people throughout history.

The main thing that should come out of this is: Everyone hates being discriminated against in this way. Now, white people should know when they discriminate and expect government and policy to only favor them, this is exactly how other, less represented groups feel.

So you are honestly saying that racism against white people is okay because black people have been the targets of racism? That is simply sick. Racism is wrong IN ALL OF ITS FORMS, and should never be tolerated under any circumstances, white black or martian.

Forum List

Back