Bwahahahaha! USDA official resigns amid race controversy

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_xCeItxbQY"]YouTube - NAACP Bigotry in their ranks[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zXDNlWESD0"]YouTube - Federal jobs[/ame]

Well, we know about this from my other post. Looks like the NAACP had no comment about this monday. Well look who's losing her job and adding to Obama's unemployment numbers! :lol::lol::lol:

Quote:
An employee of the Department of Agriculture has resigned, after posted video Monday of her describing a time in the past when she hadn't used the "full force" of her abilities to help a farmer because he was white.
In the video, Shirley Sherrod, who is black, recounts having been asked to help a white farmer avoid foreclosure. She says she was torn over how much to help him because so many black farmers were also struggling, and decided to do just enough to be able to say she'd tried:

I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough. ... So I took him to a white lawyer. ... So I figured if I would take him to one of them, his own kind would take care of him.

Sherrod spoke to on Tuesday, explaining that she told the story of her actions — which, she said, occurred 24 years ago when she was working for a nonprofit, not the USDA — to illustrate how she has since realized that everything is not about race but "about those who have versus those who do not have." She says she later became friends with the farmer and his wife.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...usda-official-resigns-amidst-race-controversy

Now that's some funny stuff. What's even funnier is in the second video she arrogantly tells her audience how she can't lose her job.

Well, looks like she was wrong on that one!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
What a shame she has to resign for talking about a story that took place 24 years ago and how it made her a better person.

NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous issued the following statement Monday:

"Since our founding in 1909, the NAACP has been a multi-racial, multi-faith organization that-- while generally rooted in African American communities-- fights to end racial discrimination against all Americans.

We concur with US Agriculture Secretary Vilsack in accepting the resignation of Shirley Sherrod for her remarks at a local NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

Racism is about the abuse of power. Sherrod had it in her position at USDA. According to her remarks, she mistreated a white farmer in need of assistance because of his race.

We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers.

Her actions were shameful. While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man.

The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action.

We thank those who brought this to our national office's attention, as there are hundreds of local fundraising dinners each year.

Sherrod's behavior is even more intolerable in light of the US Department of Agriculture's well documented history of denying opportunities to African American, Latino, Asian American, and Native American farmers, as well as female farmers of all races. Currently, justice for many of these farmers is being held up by Congress. We would hope all who share our outrage at Sherrod's statements would join us in pushing for these cases to be remedied.

The NAACP will continue to advance the ideals of America and fight for freedom, justice and fairness for all Americans."

NAACP Plans To Investigate Its Own

Now, that being posted let me say this...

TM, you often rail against those who seemingly defend racism amomg their ranks, you, if I'm not mistaken, are among those who label the Tea Party as racists because of a few bad apples, and yet here you are doing pretty much the same with regard Shirley Sherrod. How do you know she learned anything other than how to hide her racism? Unless you know her personally you can't possibly know whether or not she is a better person because of her racism.

You can't have it both ways. Benjamin Jealous called it racism, why can't you?

Furthermore, based on the comments of Mr. Jealous, "The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action," and by using the standards established by many on the left who have labeled the Tea Party "racist," can we now all assume that the NAACP is a racist group as well? Yes, yes we can...

NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous issued the following statement Monday:

"Since our founding in 1909, the NAACP has been a multi-racial, multi-faith organization that-- while generally rooted in African American communities-- fights to end racial discrimination against all Americans.

We concur with US Agriculture Secretary Vilsack in accepting the resignation of Shirley Sherrod for her remarks at a local NAACP Freedom Fund banquet.

Racism is about the abuse of power. Sherrod had it in her position at USDA. According to her remarks, she mistreated a white farmer in need of assistance because of his race.

We are appalled by her actions, just as we are with abuses of power against farmers of color and female farmers.

Her actions were shameful. While she went on to explain in the story that she ultimately realized her mistake, as well as the common predicament of working people of all races, she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man.

The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action.

We thank those who brought this to our national office's attention, as there are hundreds of local fundraising dinners each year.

Sherrod's behavior is even more intolerable in light of the US Department of Agriculture's well documented history of denying opportunities to African American, Latino, Asian American, and Native American farmers, as well as female farmers of all races. Currently, justice for many of these farmers is being held up by Congress. We would hope all who share our outrage at Sherrod's statements would join us in pushing for these cases to be remedied.

The NAACP will continue to advance the ideals of America and fight for freedom, justice and fairness for all Americans."

NAACP Plans To Investigate Its Own

Now, that being posted let me say this...

TM, you often rail against those who seemingly defend racism amomg their ranks, you, if I'm not mistaken, are among those who label the Tea Party as racists because of a few bad apples, and yet here you are doing pretty much the same with regard Shirley Sherrod. How do you know she learned anything other than how to hide her racism? Unless you know her personally you can't possibly know whether or not she is a better person because of her racism.

You can't have it both ways. Benjamin Jealous called it racism, why can't you?

Furthermore, based on the comments of Mr. Jealous, "The reaction from many in the audience is disturbing. We will be looking into the behavior of NAACP representatives at this local event and take any appropriate action," and by using the standards established by many on the left who have labeled the Tea Party "racist," can we now all assume that the NAACP is a racist group as well? Yes, yes we can...

Exactly right!

;)

That's all good and well, Ravi, I'm pleased that there was a positive outcome for the farmer in question. I'm glad that the farmer's wife considers Sherrod a friend. None of that, however detracts from the woman's own words concerning her actions at the time. Based on what Sherrod has said, I'd say the fact that these folks were able to keep their farm was coincidental.
Then why would Mrs. Spooner claim her as a friend? If Sherrod never went back and rectified her bad behavior, Mrs. Spooner would not even know her.

Not to mention that the tape cuts off and we don't get to hear the rest of Sherrod's words.

That's all good and well, Ravi, I'm pleased that there was a positive outcome for the farmer in question. I'm glad that the farmer's wife considers Sherrod a friend. None of that, however detracts from the woman's own words concerning her actions at the time. Based on what Sherrod has said, I'd say the fact that these folks were able to keep their farm was coincidental.
Then why would Mrs. Spooner claim her as a friend? If Sherrod never went back and rectified her bad behavior, Mrs. Spooner would not even know her.

Not to mention that the tape cuts off and we don't get to hear the rest of Sherrod's words.

And I must believe that if her words following the cut off were vindicating, they would have been released and she would not have resigned.

And to think that there was no one else filming her speech other than some right wing nut trying to expose someone for what they are not, then you are being naive or intentionally ignoring logic.

Just another radical Leftist Community Organizer being honest. I applaud her on her honesty but boo her on her racism. Oh well,it's a Community Organizer World we're living in right now i guess. Gotta hope & pray this President is a one & doner. They have done so much to divide the nation. I tried to tell people during the election that this guy was no "Uniter." "Hope & Change" is Bull Chit. I think more & more Americans are beginning to figure that out. Real change can happen though. Just gotta make this change start happening in 2010. Get out and vote.

The NAACP smells like a rose on this one, they supported her resignation citing 0 tollerance. Way to man up!!!

And I must believe that if her words following the cut off were vindicating, they would have been released and she would not have resigned.

And to think that there was no one else filming her speech other than some right wing nut trying to expose someone for what they are not, then you are being naive or intentionally ignoring logic.
I imagine the tape will show up. Big Government could release it now ... why won't they?

And no, it isn't hard to imagine that an older woman would have a hard time defending herself against these type of charges and decide to not even bother trying. I find the NAACP's role and the USDA's almost as bad as Big Government's. Almost.

You have a point there...however, I'm also interested in the fact that teapartysamurai has created innumerable threads on this story and other examples of racism, yet remains deafeningly silent on the Mark Williams issue.

For the record, Sherrod was extremely racist in her actions, made worse with the fact that she used her power and authority for her racism.

The NAACP smells like a rose on this one, they supported her resignation citing 0 tollerance. Way to man up!!!

Even if her actions and the whole tape, which the NAACP would possess, are as Ravi has been advocating? That would be right?

Thanks for the post - I was going to post it myself if someone hadn't already done so. But here's the "problem." You OBVIOUSLY don't realize that all this racism, uproar, and vile actions is, and always has been, and always will be perpetuated by Whitey ... particularly if Whitey happens to be of Republican and/or conservative persuasion. Just ask anyone who posts here on no other subject than racism.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I imagine the tape will show up. Big Government could release it now ... why won't they?

And no, it isn't hard to imagine that an older woman would have a hard time defending herself against these type of charges and decide to not even bother trying. I find the NAACP's role and the USDA's almost as bad as Big Government's. Almost.

She would have absolutely no problem defending herself if the tape continued with her words showing how she "learned" from her racism 24 years ago...or grew from it...or hated herself for it...or whatever.

Believe m, if that fium showed anything like that whatseover and it was spliced out, the left would have released it in an effort to FURTHER discredit the right.

I believe there was nothing but more examples of racism further in the film...or nothing at all.

Forum List

Back