Buy an EV or Walk They Said

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
[Henry] Payne, an auto critic for the Detroit News, set out to travel from Detroit to Charlevoix, Michigan. His trip was to be around 280 miles, and he was driving a new 2022 F-250 Lightning EV.

Payne wrote that he charged the truck to a full 100 percent charge ahead of the trip, and that the manufacturer claimed that a full charge should have allowed him to travel the whole distance without another charge.

I won’t spoil the ending.

Oh, nevermind.

His $93,000 Ford F-150 Lightning got only just over half the mileage that the manufacturer claimed on a 280-mile trip, requiring him to stop and recharge three times on his 280 mile trip that started fully charged.

Bonus:
Payne wrote that as he sat at his third charging station of the day, another driver asked what sort of mileage he was getting on his roughly $93,000 EV truck.

“I’m getting about 170 miles of range on this trip up I-75,” he told the other driver. “How about you?”

The man replied, “I’ve got the turbo-6 cylinder. I’m getting 600 miles and 22 mpg. I don’t think I’ll ever get one of those electrics.”

[Henry] Payne, an auto critic for the Detroit News, set out to travel from Detroit to Charlevoix, Michigan. His trip was to be around 280 miles, and he was driving a new 2022 F-250 Lightning EV.

Payne wrote that he charged the truck to a full 100 percent charge ahead of the trip, and that the manufacturer claimed that a full charge should have allowed him to travel the whole distance without another charge.

Oh, nevermind.

His $93,000 Ford F-150 Lightning got only just over half the mileage that the manufacturer claimed on a 280-mile trip, requiring him to stop and recharge three times on his 280 mile trip that started fully charged.

Bonus:
Payne wrote that as he sat at his third charging station of the day, another driver asked what sort of mileage he was getting on his roughly $93,000 EV truck.

“I’m getting about 170 miles of range on this trip up I-75,” he told the other driver. “How about you?”

The man replied, “I’ve got the turbo-6 cylinder. I’m getting 600 miles and 22 mpg. I don’t think I’ll ever get one of those electrics.”

I have a 2017 Hyundia Ionic hybrid. I get 62 MPG and have a range of 620 miles.

I think I'll pass on the EV as well.

They will figure all this out one day.
But until then, I aint messing with them.
EV’s have been around since the 19th century. And here we are.

And there’s not enough precious metals to move in that direction.

Which is the goal, the Left know a mobile population is a danger to their fascist agenda.

The linked article didn't say how fast he was driving. Wind/air resistance increases with the square of the velocity of the car/wind. The truck may very well have been able to travel 280 miles if going 30miles per hour but not at 80 miles per hour.

EV’s have been around since the 19th century. And here we are.

And there’s not enough precious metals to move in that direction.

Which is the goal, the Left know a mobile population is a danger to their fascist agenda.
Maybe so!

Battery technology is a big problem. It just isnt there yet.
If they ever get 100Kwh into a 200lb battery THEN they might be a bit more feasible.

Still, we dont have and probably cannot build and accommodate the infrastructure to charge that many EVs
Especially with the "Green" limitations the Left demands on power production.
Solar and wind could never do it.

EV is simply not a feasible technology to replace fossil fuel vehicles for the immediate future

But most know this...except for indoctrinated low info people

Three weeks ago my wife and I drove from Central Florida to Ft Wayne Indiana to attend the funeral of my wife's brother. We drove our Honda Pilot.

Our son lives in Atlanta. He drove his Tesla from Atlanta to Ft Wayne to meet us there.

We both left on the same day and at the same time in the morning (5 AM).

He had to take a little different route because of the charging stations.

We arrived in Atlanta a little after 3:00 PM. Our son didn't get there until after 6:00.

Three hours more time on the road. A little bit of that because of the different route but mostly charging time.

Also, even with Potatohead's increased cost of fuel, he spent almost as much on road charging as we spent on gas.

He told us that he would never take the Tesla on a long road trip again.

Another point. He uses his Tesla for his daily commute. He put in a $1500 220 V charging station in his garage. He charges all night long. The nightly charging he does do not provide enough for him to drive his vehicle to work five days a week. He has minimal capacity for driving it on the weekend. He needs one full day and night of weekend charging to get him through the week.

He paid over $60K for the stupid car. EVs suck.

1667396361226.png

Attachments

• 1667396298511.png
    1667396298511.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 17
We haven't found anything yet the shitlibs won't lie about.
Two Wings of the Same Guillotine-Fodder Vulture

They lie that they're on the Left. They are richkids with no agenda except turning everybody else into begging dependents. Their shenanigans while pretending to have an ideology are intended to drive people into the opposite but equal Birth-Class tyranny on the fake Right.

Oh, nevermind.

Bonus:

The best way to get rid of a bad idea is to embrace it fully so that those who are unable to think 4th dimensionally can discover the predictable surprises for themselves.

What's wrong with walking? It's good for you. People walked for a lot longer than they've been driving. Makes it a heck of a lot easier to stop and smell the roses.

Forum List

Back