But with the subject of tithing,...

You haven't answered my question as to how you would justify the budget of my church to be 7 times what it is now. Sure, Catholic Priests don't make a lot of dough- they're not supposed to. And no- they don't have families to support. But if we upped their salarilied by a factor of 7 they would be some of the wealthiest men in the area.

Sounds as though the people of your church are quite blessed. It costs alot to keep a church running. How your church operates I have no idea. But somewhere I bet there's some guidelines. Maybe you ought to sit in on a board or budget meeting(s) & see where the money is going.

The church that I have been affilated with does this:
The church areas are divided into sections. Each of the individual churches sends their tithes to the head of that area. No minister keeps the tithes his church pays for himself. The tithe is then dispersed to all the ministers & evangelists.
Then the tithe that is paid by all the ministers is sent to yet the higher ups and those tithes are dispensed to pay those ministers. What happens to the left over, I don't know. I'm sure it is used in God's work, somehow. They are all paid a fair wage, but none are rich. Most times, the wives either work outside the home, or sacrifice like the rest of us.

Sounds as though the people of your church are quite blessed. It costs alot to keep a church running. How your church operates I have no idea. But somewhere I bet there's some guidelines....

We are blessed. The only guidelines I have ever seen in my 30 years as an adult Catholic, are the suggested amounts on the envelopes that they mail you to put your money in for the collection plate. The highest amount was never nearly 10% of my income, even when I was just starting out.

As I said, our operating budget is fed, by my crude estimate, by a 1.5-2% "tithe", not the 10% required by some churches. (Our budet is available on the web if you are interested.) If we Catholics can do it with all our hierachy, pomp and circumstance, any Christain church should be able to do it.

Frankly I think all that additional money is being sucked up some people's noses. I think a lot of people suspect that, and if the churches were honest about it, they'd get a lot more members.

We are blessed. The only guidelines I have ever seen in my 30 years as an adult Catholic, are the suggested amounts on the envelopes that they mail you to put your money in for the collection plate. The highest amount was never nearly 10% of my income, even when I was just starting out.

As I said, our operating budget is fed, by my crude estimate, by a 1.5-2% "tithe", not the 10% required by some churches. (Our budet is available on the web if you are interested.) If we Catholics can do it with all our hierachy, pomp and circumstance, any Christain church should be able to do it.

Frankly I think all that additional money is being sucked up some people's noses. I think a lot of people suspect that, and if the churches were honest about it, they'd get a lot more members.

OT, why do you have Dr. Helen for your avatar?

That stamp would make a good T shirt that I could model for you as well.

So you do have a good bosom? Say 36C? :laugh: I was willing to let it drop, but you didn't want to.

Man posing as female.

Forum List

Back