But President Bush was the liar...

Bush lied about Iraq; LBJ lied about Vietnam; Reagan lied about arms for hostages; Clinton lied about a blow job; Nixon lied about the break in; Obama lied about Obamacare;

There is a remarkable lack of congestion on the high road.
'

WRONG leftist. Get it right.. we have video proof of your liberal leaders all saying the exact same thing Booooooooooooosh did.. so if Bush lied, DEMOCRATS, all of them.. lied with him..

Thats your defense? That Bush lied and everyone else did too? :badgrin::badgrin:

The far left can not understand anything beyond their programming!

It was based on the information that came from the Clinton era of intelligence, but hey don't let those pesky facts stand your way of that far left programming.

Bush still lied no matter how many other people you want to drag into it.

No he didnt.
WHy are we debating this yet again for the 400th time? Democrats were for the war when the public was behind it, and against it when the public got tired of it. Democrats are demagogue scum.

I say Bush lied and your response is about other people. I said Bush lied....Whats your defense? Other people didnt know better?

Bush was wrong. Obama lied.

I would love to know just how much DICK's holdings in Halliburton increased with the war of choice that he and W forced on the nation. I expect it is out there somewhere.

No he didnt.
WHy are we debating this yet again for the 400th time? Democrats were for the war when the public was behind it, and against it when the public got tired of it. Democrats are demagogue scum.

Republcians (7) and Democrats (147) voted against giving President Bush the deciding power to use military force in Iraq. In fact a majority of Democratic Congressmen/women voted against it.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 1991

Senate Joint Resolution 2 was approved in the United States Senate on January 12, 1991 by a vote of 52 to 47.

House Joint Resolution 77 was approved in the United States House of Representatives on January 12, 1991 by a vote of 250 to 183.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 1991 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No he didnt.

He lied repeatedly. And caused the deaths of thousands of our sons and daughters for no good reason. I stated then they had better damned well find WMD. They did not, and you people continue to lie about the whole affair. You are callous scum that cover your previous lies with even more lies. And the asshole completely ignored the existance of the man that masterminded the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil. It took a Democratic President to give the orders the take that bastard out.

We are debating for the 400th time because you continue to lie about it. History will record the Presidency of Bush Jr. with that of Buchanan.

And once again this is empirical proof that far left propaganda trumps facts.

I would love to know just how much DICK's holdings in Halliburton increased with the war of choice that he and W forced on the nation. I expect it is out there somewhere.

And yet the far left talking points trump reality every time.

I guess the far left will ignore that Obama gave Halliburton a no bid contract, guess he wanted to help get Cheney rich as well, right?

No he didnt.

Republcians (7) and Democrats (147) voted against giving President Bush the deciding power to use military force in Iraq. In fact a majority of Democratic Congressmen/women voted against it.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 1991

Senate Joint Resolution 2 was approved in the United States Senate on January 12, 1991 by a vote of 52 to 47.

House Joint Resolution 77 was approved in the United States House of Representatives on January 12, 1991 by a vote of 250 to 183.

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 1991 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That was for removing Iraqi forces from Kuwait. Not the invasion of Iraq.

So instead of just, "Bush lied, it's Bush and DEMOCRATS lied, people died."

If people havent understood this by now they never will. It's pretty simple. We had intelligence. Everyone beliieved that intelligence. That included a report by the Czechs that Saddam was buying yellowcake. Which was disputed at the time but has since proven to be true.
But the Left insists that the war was about WMD and only WMD. That is false. The Iraqi War resolution shows it is false. BUt people want to blame Bush because tearing down Bush makes Obama look better. Somehow.

Yes, the intelligence community was tasked (by Bush) with providing an excuse to invade Iraq.

They obeyed that order.

The lie was Bush's. He delegated some of the details - but he owns it. Live with it.

Doesn't make anyone else's lies more excusable. And I don't forgive anyone. I just like to keep it real.
Proof of that assertion? Nah, you dont trade in facts, just narrative.

The following is from your own link. Anything else, anything......

Accusations that Saddam had tried to purchase more yellowcake from the African nation of Niger — and an article by a former U.S. ambassador refuting the claims — led to a wide-ranging probe into Washington leaks that reached high into the Bush administration.
Tuwaitha and an adjacent research facility were well known for decades as the centerpiece of Saddam's nuclear efforts.
Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

LOL - so Rabbi links a document that refutes his claim - believeing that it supports his claim - and calls someone else "low information" ?????????

THAT IS PRICELESS

Well, it did have "Yellowcake" in the headline so for dittoheads everywhere, that and some snide insult, are all that matter.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
You lose

If people havent understood this by now they never will. It's pretty simple. We had intelligence. Everyone beliieved that intelligence. That included a report by the Czechs that Saddam was buying yellowcake. Which was disputed at the time but has since proven to be true.
But the Left insists that the war was about WMD and only WMD. That is false. The Iraqi War resolution shows it is false. BUt people want to blame Bush because tearing down Bush makes Obama look better. Somehow.

Yes, the intelligence community was tasked (by Bush) with providing an excuse to invade Iraq.

They obeyed that order.

The lie was Bush's. He delegated some of the details - but he owns it. Live with it.

Doesn't make anyone else's lies more excusable. And I don't forgive anyone. I just like to keep it real.
Proof of that assertion? Nah, you dont trade in facts, just narrative.

I posted the statement of the deputy director of the CIA.
Did you miss that? He's one of many saying the same thing.

Or maybe you just didn't recognize it because MY link actually supports my statement.
I know that's pretty foreign to you.

LOL - so Rabbi links a document that refutes his claim - believeing that it supports his claim - and calls someone else "low information" ?????????

THAT IS PRICELESS

Well, it did have "Yellowcake" in the headline so for dittoheads everywhere, that and some snide insult, are all that matter.

You lose

The evidence is plain "U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said."

Which was in your link and that clearly debunked your claim. (not to mention the link Sallow posted)

Anything else you got on the Yellowcake? Anything????

You lose

The evidence is plain "U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said."

Which was in your link and that clearly debunked your claim. (not to mention the link Sallow posted)

Anything else you got on the Yellowcake? Anything????

I never get tired of watching Rabbi squirm and snarl and go all apoplectic when he gets busted like this. It has happened every day now for about a week.

PRICELESS

No he didnt.

Democrats provided the margin of victory. Democrats continued to vote to fund both wars, even after they had taken control of Congress. They continued to fund both wars, even after voting many many times on resolutions condemning the wars. Democrats are gutless cowards.

**sigh**

You're right. Those were the days when congress and the people crossed party lines to support the President - even when he lied to them.

Democrats provided the margin of victory. Democrats continued to vote to fund both wars, even after they had taken control of Congress. They continued to fund both wars, even after voting many many times on resolutions condemning the wars. Democrats are gutless cowards.

**sigh**

You're right. Those were the days when congress and the people crossed party lines to support the President - even when he lied to them.

I think his lie could have and should have been exposed sooner. So yes, I spread the blame far and wide.

Democrats were for the war when the public was behind it, and against it when the public got tired of it.

When you make a false statement no matter how many times you make it, you must be refuted. Don't run away after stating something that is not true.

One month before the invasion all polling indicated that the majority did not support a US invasion without UN authorization. The majority of Anericans wanted Bush to give the inspectors more time. That is not a public 'for war' by any means. The percentage of Dems wanting Bush to give more time to inspections was close to 90%.

**sigh**

I think at the time the president presented a pretty convincing argument for WMDs. Nobody really knew if he was right or wrong so Congress agreed with the president. The final vote in the Senate for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq was:

Democrats: 29 - Yes and 21 - No
Republicans 77 - Yes and 1 - No

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2002/s237

Forum List

Back