But....New Zealand banned guns...and felt morally superior....now their hospitals are filled with gun shot victims? Say What?

Most of them....when the democrat party attacks the police to the point of handicapping them, then continues to release the most violent gun offenders over and over again.....those poicies create the gun murder rate....the gun murder rate is not increased by normal people owning and carrying guns for self defense...
So, the Texas model is the way to go?

• There were 3,683 gun-related deaths in Texas in 2019.
  • In 2018, 64% of all Texas suicides were by firearm.
  • In 2018, nearly 73% of veteran suicides in Texas were by firearm according to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • In 2018, 174 women in Texas were killed by a male intimate partner—59% of those murders were by firearm.
  • Women in Texas are 24% more likely to be murdered with a gun than women in other states.
  • In 2019, at least 32 Texan children ages 0-17 died in unintentional shootings.

In California, 2,945 people were killed by guns in 2019, or 7.5 for every 100,000 people, the seventh lowest firearm fatality rate among states. Of all deaths from gun violence in the state that year, 1,586 were classified as suicides and 1,246 as homicides.

And yesterday, 99.999%+ of legal gun members committed no crimes with their guns.

All gun control does is disarm the law-abiding.

Which is, of course, the goal.
You have it back to front, the law abiding population tends to be the ones that seek and obtain a gun certificate if they wish too. The ones with a tarnished character would be denied one. That's the whole purpose.

In America, it's called background checks, it's just that some countries do them more thorough whilst knowing which guns are not suitable for home use.

Does requiring a car driving licence stop you from owning a car and driving it on the road? No, because, you pass a test, buy a car, it comes with a log book (registration papers) and you drive on the road according to some rules. In the UK, each year, the car has an MOT to make sure it's road worthy. Does this stop criminals using a car? No. Do they have access to one if needed? Yes.

Do car nuts protest that it's against their rights to own a car with such regulation? Do these regulations stop accidents and deaths? Nope, but it reduces them, hence why we all have them.

Gun nuts and guns - GET OFF MY GUNS.

So you regulate cars (no one is banning cars) and everyone is fine. Mention gun regulation to
a gun nut American - GET OFF MY GUNS IT'S MY GOD GIVEN FUCKING RIGHTS

But hey, I can't fix stoopid.

Does requiring a car driving licence stop you from owning a car and driving it on the road? No, because, you pass a test, buy a car, it comes with a log book (registration papers) and you drive on the road according to some rules. In the UK, each year, the car has an MOT to make sure it's road worthy. Does this stop criminals using a car? No. Do they have access to one if needed? Yes.

Do car nuts protest that it's against their rights to own a car with such regulation? Do these regulations stop accidents and deaths? Nope, but it reduces them, hence why we all have them.

So you regulate cars (no one is banning cars) and everyone is fine. Mention gun regulation to gun nut Americans - GET OFF MY GUNS IT'S MY GID GIVEN FUCKING RIGHTS

Gun ownership is a right, car ownership is a privilege. Stupid foreigners spouting off about things they don't comprehend is pathetic.

So you regulate cars (no one is banning cars) and everyone is fine. Mention gun regulation to
a gun nut American - GET OFF MY GUNS IT'S MY GOD GIVEN FUCKING RIGHTS

I think that in order to own a firearm you need to pass a test in basic gun safety, ethics,, and responsible handling, applicable laws, and show you can hit what you aim at.

Gun ownership is a right, car ownership is a privilege. Stupid foreigners spouting off about things they don't comprehend is pathetic.
Rights carry responsibility and this is the only right that involves a tool who's sole purpose is to kill.

You have it back to front, the law abiding population tends to be the ones that seek and obtain a gun certificate if they wish too. The ones with a tarnished character would be denied one. That's the whole purpose.

In America, it's called background checks, it's just that some countries do them more thorough whilst knowing which guns are not suitable for home use.
What's your plan for getting criminals to submit to background checks?

I think that in order to own a firearm you need to pass a test in basic gun safety, ethics,, and responsible handling, applicable laws, and show you can hit what you aim at.
I'm all for that, as long as the testing and training is free.

So, the Texas model is the way to go?

• There were 3,683 gun-related deaths in Texas in 2019.
  • In 2018, 64% of all Texas suicides were by firearm.
  • In 2018, nearly 73% of veteran suicides in Texas were by firearm according to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • In 2018, 174 women in Texas were killed by a male intimate partner—59% of those murders were by firearm.
  • Women in Texas are 24% more likely to be murdered with a gun than women in other states.
  • In 2019, at least 32 Texan children ages 0-17 died in unintentional shootings.

In California, 2,945 people were killed by guns in 2019, or 7.5 for every 100,000 people, the seventh lowest firearm fatality rate among states. Of all deaths from gun violence in the state that year, 1,586 were classified as suicides and 1,246 as homicides.
and people are moving from cali to texas in droves

Forum List

Back