In New York, young blacks and latinos are victims of gun violence...cause gangs?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The reason that more blacks and latinos are the majority of victims of gun violence? Because they are in gangs and shooting each other over drug turf, personal insults on facebook, or over girlfriends......

Murder Inequality? Does That Make Gun Rights Racist? - The Truth About Guns

that Daily News investigation simply points out that some neighborhoods have more violent crime — and thus more firearms-related homicides — than others. It does not highlight the race of the victims.

The Trace’s editor, however, noticed that all of the victims were black or latino, and immediately jumped-up on one of the antis’ favorite hobby horses: the lack of gun control is racist! Which is, it must be said, the exact opposite of the truth. American gun control laws were born from racism. And remain racist.

The Trace fails to trace that connection. Instead, they sugar-coat the fact that it’s gang banging that’s causing all but a fraction of the firearms-related homicides in these high-crime neighborhoods.

Among the dead were young men caught up in cycles of neighborhood violence, like Lewis Encarnacion of East Harlem. As disputes between residents of different housing projects in his neighborhood mounted this past September, Encarnacion told a friend he feared for his life, and that he urgently wanted to tell his mother he loved her. He was shot and killed later that day.

Disputes between residents of different housing projects? Disputes? Is that what you call turf wars between young men thugs fighting to control the drug trade and other illegal activities?

Gangs don't kill people.
You ever lived around a real gang? Trust me, they kill people. And when they're not killing people, they're terrorizing them.
No, people kill people.
Are you suggesting blacks and latinos aren't people?
No
In Chicago, shooting deaths outnumber military deaths 18-1.

The only way to kill a bad guy with a gang, is with a good guy with a gang

You ever lived around a real gang? Trust me, they kill people. And when they're not killing people, they're terrorizing them.
No, people kill people.
No

Name the good gangs. I'll wait.

Gangs don't kill people.
No, people kill people.
No
TheOldFool had to backtrack on that REAL quick. LOL.
NYC records fewest murders in decades

Will Dems call for a gun ban on minorities? They virtually have by having gun bans in large cities.

No

The Sugarhill Gang

Barney's gone. Tim lost his legs.

Gangs bad.

The Sugarhill Gang

Gangs bad.

Gangs don't kill people, people kill people

No, people kill people.
No
TheOldFool had to backtrack on that REAL quick. LOL.
NYC records fewest murders in decades

Are you saying that because the black population has gone down, so has the murder rate?

Historic Shift: Fewer Blacks in NYC, More Whites

Are you saying that because the black population has gone down, so has the murder rate?

Historic Shift: Fewer Blacks in NYC, More Whites
No. Can you read? Here, copy and paste my posts onto here to help you out: text to speech online

The Sugarhill Gang

Gangs bad.

Gangs don't kill people, people kill people

I see you've never lived around a gang. Of people.

The reason that more blacks and latinos are the majority of victims of gun violence? Because they are in gangs and shooting each other over drug turf, personal insults on facebook, or over girlfriends......

Murder Inequality? Does That Make Gun Rights Racist? - The Truth About Guns

that Daily News investigation simply points out that some neighborhoods have more violent crime — and thus more firearms-related homicides — than others. It does not highlight the race of the victims.

The Trace’s editor, however, noticed that all of the victims were black or latino, and immediately jumped-up on one of the antis’ favorite hobby horses: the lack of gun control is racist! Which is, it must be said, the exact opposite of the truth. American gun control laws were born from racism. And remain racist.

The Trace fails to trace that connection. Instead, they sugar-coat the fact that it’s gang banging that’s causing all but a fraction of the firearms-related homicides in these high-crime neighborhoods.

Among the dead were young men caught up in cycles of neighborhood violence, like Lewis Encarnacion of East Harlem. As disputes between residents of different housing projects in his neighborhood mounted this past September, Encarnacion told a friend he feared for his life, and that he urgently wanted to tell his mother he loved her. He was shot and killed later that day.

Disputes between residents of different housing projects? Disputes? Is that what you call turf wars between young men thugs fighting to control the drug trade and other illegal activities?

The reason that more blacks and latinos are the majority of victims of gun violence in New York? It obviously isn't the police, since NYC cops have a hard time hitting what they're aiming at.

This isn't a dig against law-enforcement in general, just NYC police officers. They seriously need more range time.

Forum List

Back