bush's new book getting him into trouble (admitting to waterboarding)

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Amnesty International can go fuck themselves. The Waterboarding stopped terror attacks. Works for me.

not that you will understand many of the words, but try this:

Consequentialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rather than read some wiki shit, I think I'll go with what one of the victims from the 7/7 bombings said on the subject of waterboarding. He said, basically, if waterboarding could have stopped his wife dying in that horror, he sees no reason why not.

I understand why people dislike it, but the facts are that it worked. And it continues to work. You don't win against extremists by being nice. You win by using whatever mean necessary to destroy them.

Oh..the United States Constitution?

Let me help you with that..

Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Waterboarding was not used as a punishment, but as an interrogation technique. Also it was not used on citizens, but on non citizens declared to be fighting outisde of the laws of modern warfare.

The use was authorized at the highest level, and therefore was perfomed in a legal manner.

Just because you are against it doesnt make it illegal or unconstituitonal.

Amnesty International can go fuck themselves. The Waterboarding stopped terror attacks. Works for me.

Rather than read some wiki shit, I think I'll go with what one of the victims from the 7/7 bombings said on the subject of waterboarding. He said, basically, if waterboarding could have stopped his wife dying in that horror, he sees no reason why not.

I understand why people dislike it, but the facts are that it worked. And it continues to work. You don't win against extremists by being nice. You win by using whatever mean necessary to destroy them.

right, so you choose emotionalism and chest pounding over logic... shocking...

Waterboarding was not used as a punishment, but as an interrogation technique. Also it was not used on citizens, but on non citizens declared to be fighting outisde of the laws of modern warfare.

The use was authorized at the highest level, and therefore was perfomed in a legal manner.

and just because a lawyer at the "highest level" wrote an opinion that its legal doesn't make it so

amnesty international filed today:

US must begin criminal investigation of torture following Bush admission

Republican congressman: I have ‘no hesitation whatsoever’ in probing Bush for torture:

Republican congressman: I have ‘no hesitation whatsoever’ in probing Bush for torture | Raw Story

Not that a former president will ever be dealt real justice, but making sure his legacy of torture and hatred of the constitution stays alive is the least we can do

Trouble? What trouble? Anyone on the planet who's paid attention in recent years knows we waterboarded three guys. Old news.

President Bush's main problem is the same problem most conservatives have..

They've never really read the United States Constitution.

I forget who the author of the quote was but:

Republicans are familiar with the Constitution but choose to ignore it, the Democrats have never heard of it.

since you think wikipedia is a liberal conspiracy, try these:

Consequentialism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Consequentialism[Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy]

I know they have "edu" in the URL but don't let it scare you

and just because a lawyer at the "highest level" wrote an opinion that its legal doesn't make it so

Well I dont see him getting arrested or charged over it, so i guess it is legal. The day hes found guilty of it in front a jury of his peers is when you can call it illegal. Up until then its just something you dont like.

Well I dont see him getting arrested or charged over it, so i guess it is legal. The day hes found guilty of it in front a jury of his peers is when you can call it illegal. Up until then its just something you dont like.

"...torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity."

UN Convention Against Torture

"...torture means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity."

UN Convention Against Torture

So basically it bans you from even looking at someone cross-eyed. First of all the UN has no enforcement power, so they can go pound sand on this. Second, I'm not sure if this is even a treaty yet, or if the US has signed it.

Forum List

Back