Bush Won't Accept Iraq War Timetable

As I have several times - I say we leagve Iraq whren the government, the military, and the police can provide security for the country

And when is this supposed to happen?

When a US President lies under oath to a Grand Jury - it is not partisn crap - it is a Federal offense

What lie specifically did he tell under oath?

What lie specifically did he tell under oath?

are you going to play THAT game?

Clinton denied under oath he was not alone with Monica, and they did not engage in sexual relations

Of cousre his defenders still "legally accurate"

are you going to play THAT game?

Clinton denied under oath he was not alone with Monica, and they did not engage in sexual relations

Of cousre his defenders still "legally accurate"

I'm not playing any game. Getting a parrot like you to look beyond your partisan BS and see that Clinton's impeachment distracted the government and nation from more important things than what that knucklehead was doing with a fat intern is like trying to pull teeth with tweezers.

And you can thank that little bit of partisan bullshit for the Democrats' current payback tear they're on. Most of their charges are just as stupid, and NONE of it accomplishes a damned thing in reality.

I'm not playing any game. Getting a parrot like you to look beyond your partisan BS and see that Clinton's impeachment distracted the government and nation from more important things than what that knucklehead was doing with a fat intern is like trying to pull teeth with tweezers.

And you can thank that little bit of partisan bullshit for the Democrats' current payback tear they're on. Most of their charges are just as stupid, and NONE of it accomplishes a damned thing in reality.

Glad to see moderates do not have a problem with a sitting President committing perjury

as well as trying to denying a US citizen her right in court (Paula Jones)

under oath?

Clinton lied to the grand jury to prevent her case from going forward

Clinton's failure to disclose his affair with Lewinsky under oath was not deemed to be material to the Jones case...that lack of materiality was why he was NOT charged with perjury...because perjury has to be not only a knowingly false statement but also material.

For example, if Clinton had lied about what he had for breakfast that morning, it might be a false statement, but it was not material, so thus no perjury.

And Paula Jones had her "day in court"...her lawyer and the CLinton's lawyer met in chambers and settled the lawsuit. That, by definition IS "her day in court".

why are we so afraid to use bombs, when we know, the terrorists are hiding out in large civilians populations?. We would rather lose our guys, then kill innocent civilians, im sorry but in my opinion thats insane, and politically correct

with all due respect to all my friends here, tell me where im wrong

why are we so afraid to use bombs, when we know, the terrorists are hiding out in large civilians populations?. We would rather lose our guys, then kill innocent civilians, im sorry but in my opinion thats insane, and politically correct

with all due respect to all my friends here, tell me where im wrong

What?

what im trying to say is, we would rather fight a guerilla war in iraq, and lose our boys, then use our technology and fight our war, because, were fighting a politically correct war. :eusa_doh: were more concerned with innocent civilians in iraq dying, then our soldiers dying, and its honestly, the terrorists who hide out in large civilian populations who are responsible.

If we wont fight with a strategy to win, then lets go home.

Agree or disagree, and why

what im trying to say is, we would rather fight a guerilla war in iraq, and lose our boys, then use our technology and fight our war, because, were fighting a politically correct war. :eusa_doh: were more concerned with innocent civilians in iraq dying, then our soldiers dying, and its honestly, the terrorists who hide out in large civilian populations who are responsible.

If we wont fight with a strategy to win, then lets go home.

Agree or disagree, and why

The US makes a great effort to avoid innocents from being killed - the terrorists know this - and exploit it

If you listen to the liberal media and the Bush haters, our troops go out of their way to kill civilians

that's a lie....I have never read any mainstream liberal suggest that our troops went out of their way to kill civilians.

that's a lie....I have never read any mainstream liberal suggest that our troops went out of their way to kill civilians.

The use of fake pictures, and slanted reporting has been done since the war started to convey the message troops target civilians

I disagree....I have never gotten the impression from the MSM that our troops went out of their way to kill civilians.

Here is one example

Networks Which Hyped Haditha as 'Massacre' Show Little Interest in Marine's Version
Posted by Brent Baker on June 13, 2006 - 03:48.
The networks have been eager over the last few weeks to highlight every new charge or claim related to the alleged massacre by U.S. Marines of 24 civilians in Haditha, Iraq last November (a new study from the MRC counted 99 stories or interviews about it over just three weeks on the ABC, CBS and NBC morning and evening shows), but when a front page Washington Post article on Sunday recounted Marine Sergeant Frank Wuterich's contention that he and his squad followed the rules of engagement and were justified in their actions, the networks lost interest. NBC gave it a few seconds on Sunday's Today and a fuller story on Sunday's Nightly News, but ABC and CBS ignored it on their Sunday morning shows (GMA and Sunday Morning) while ABC's World News Tonight gave it a mere 20 seconds before a full story on suicides at Guantanamo and the CBS Evening News skipped it completely. On Monday, despite interview segments and stories on Iraq, the broadcast network morning shows ignored Wuterich's version, though ABC and NBC made time for full Guantanamo pieces. Amazingly, ABC's Charles Gibson didn't raise it with Congressman John Murtha, the lead accuser who appeared on GMA. The Monday evening shows also avoided the topic. (Detailed rundown and contrasts follow.)

CNN, in contrast, has given Wuterich's version, delivered through his attorney Neal Puckett, significant attention. CNN's American Morning on Monday ran a story from Pentagon reporter Jamie McIntyre as well as an interview with Puckett conducted by Soledad O'Brien. Near the end of the 7pm EDT hour of The Situation Room, Wolf Blitzer brought McIntyre aboard to explain Wuterich's version of events and fill-in anchor John Roberts dedicated an 11pm EDT hour segment of Anderson Cooper 360 to Wuterich's take. FNC's Bill O'Reilly interviewed Puckett Monday night.

http://newsbusters.org/node/5849

and the fake photos

MSM Grapple with Fake Photos From Iraq
Posted by Greg Sheffield on April 10, 2006 - 10:24.
Neil Munro writes in National Journal that media outlets struggle with how to sift through the "daily downloads of news photos" that include photos that are "staged, fake, or so lacking in context as to be meaningless."
Some bogus pictures have resulted in violence.

On January 14...shortly after unmanned U.S. aircraft fired missiles at several suspected leaders of Al Qaeda who were thought to be staying in the village of Damadola, Pakistan, Agence France-Presse distributed a picture said to be from the scene. AFP is based in Paris, and the picture was sent by one of its locally hired photographers, a stringer. The photo showed a piece of military equipment placed on a damaged stone wall, flanked by a solemn old man and a young boy. Another firm, Getty Images, also distributed the photo to picture editors at newspapers and magazines around the world. The New York Times published it in the paper's January 14 Web edition, and Time magazine ran the picture in its January 23 print edition, along with the caption "Detritus from the latest U.S. raid in Pakistan."
But the caption was wrong, the pose was staged, and the picture was, in essence, untrue. The initial AFP caption said that the military object was a piece of a missile from the U.S. strike. Later, AFP issued a correction, labeling the object an unexploded artillery shell.

But it was not a U.S. shell. It was most likely a fired but unexploded artillery shell, identical to those manufactured by Pakistan Ordnance Factories and it was brought there from somewhere else and posed atop the wall.

http://newsbusters.org/node/4841

using Haditha as an example of how the main stream media reported that troops went out of their way to kill innocent civilians is really pretty pathetic, don't you think? given the fact that, in that instance, that is what they did?

using Haditha as an example of how the main stream media reported that troops went out of their way to kill innocent civilians is really pretty pathetic, don't you think? given the fact that, in that instance, that is what they did?

That is just one example = there are more

and the fake photos MM?

Forum List

Back