Reid Blasted By Soidier In Iraq

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Perhaps this is the start of more troops speaking out against the party of defeat

HERO REIDS DEM THE RIOT ACT

April 24, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - A tough U.S. Marine stationed in one of the most hostile areas of Iraq has a message for Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid: "We need to stay here and help rebuild."

In raw and emotional language from the bloody front lines, Cpl. Tyler Rock, of the 1st Battalion, 6th Marines, skewered Reid for being far removed from the patriotism and progress in Iraq.

"Yeah, and I got a quote for that [expletive] Harry Reid. These families need us here," Rock vented in an e-mail to Pat Dollard, a Hollywood agent-turned-war reporter who posted the comment on his Web site, www.patdollard.com.

"Obviously [Reid] has never been in Iraq. Or at least the area worth seeing . . . the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces," Rock wrote.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0424200...worldnews_geoff_earle__post_correspondent.htm

Stay around rebuild is a grand idea only if the politics would stand aside and allow these troops to achieve the goals.
Build a usable power grid
Useable water system
secure the borders
and kill al sadr
and if need be bomb the piss out of areas that harbor terrorist. I know these aren't the greatest answers but it beats the alternative of telling the terrorist what day, hour and moment the allied forces will be retreating that country. The other important area is responsibility of the iraqi people to stand up and defend there country. they know who is a lethal foreign terrorist and who isn't.
The internal war of religious problems are the iraqis and them alone.

Stay around rebuild is a grand idea only if the politics would stand aside and allow these troops to achieve the goals.
Build a usable power grid
Useable water system
secure the borders
and kill al sadr
and if need be bomb the piss out of areas that harbor terrorist. I know these aren't the greatest answers but it beats the alternative of telling the terrorist what day, hour and moment the allied forces will be retreating that country. The other important area is responsibility of the iraqi people to stand up and defend there country. they know who is a lethal foreign terrorist and who isn't.
The internal war of religious problems are the iraqis and them alone.

It will be interesting to see how the Dem supporters react to the troops speaking out against their surrender plan

It will be interesting to see how the Dem supporters react to the troops speaking out against their surrender plan

I'm from the old School and when I was in we weren't allowed to speak out against the government openly, and if we did, stand by to stand by because you would get into trouble. Today’s military is more liberal and democratic and they forgot they worked for the people and in the oath of office and the oath of enlistenment it clearly spells out you work for the President and all others below the President. I can't say I don't blame the troops for speaking out against members of Congress and Senate for these crazy plans to leave at the most convenient time. I sure don't agree on the troops being hand tied to rules of engagement and what are good targets and other noise that is seeping off the hill

I'm from the old School and when I was in we weren't allowed to speak out against the government openly, and if we did, stand by to stand by because you would get into trouble. Today’s military is more liberal and democratic and they forgot they worked for the people and in the oath of office and the oath of enlistenment it clearly spells out you work for the President and all others below the President. I can't say I don't blame the troops for speaking out against members of Congress and Senate for these crazy plans to leave at the most convenient time. I sure don't agree on the troops being hand tied to rules of engagement and what are good targets and other noise that is seeping off the hill

Perhaps the troops know they have a good chance of winning and they see the Dems wanting handing over Iraq to the terrorists

Perhaps the troops know they have a good chance of winning and they see the Dems wanting handing over Iraq to the terrorists

The intel might show that and we aren't privvy to that thankfully. I just would like the media and politics to leave the room for about 2 weeks and let our troops whoop some ass. If at that point it clearly ain't working then cut and run. Lets be fair to the cause and IMO we haven't done that yet!

The intel might show that and we aren't privvy to that thankfully. I just would like the media and politics to leave the room for about 2 weeks and let our troops whoop some ass. If at that point it clearly ain't working then cut and run. Lets be fair to the cause and IMO we haven't done that yet!

The troops surge is only around 50% and should the troops win - the Dems would not be happy

Dems have placed all their money on failure in Iraq

The troops surge is only around 50% and should the troops win - the Dems would not be happy

Dems have placed all their money on failure in Iraq

I guess my confusion here is what is winning? Is it securing the country? Is it ousting those terrorist pukes? Is it both securing and removal of the terrorist puke? Or is it something different?
For me going after people like al sadr might do 2 things, either stop some of this violence of make more violence. But one thing it would show he got out of control and was taken out.
I look at places like that slum in sadr city as a breeding ground for terror, get rid of it. Secure Bagdad and secure the borders and that includes all border and quit picking and choosing areas in iraq to work in. I believe that is the pentagon with help of politics that makes that deal go round and round. The country needs to be secured.

I guess my confusion here is what is winning? Is it securing the country? Is it ousting those terrorist pukes? Is it both securing and removal of the terrorist puke? Or is it something different?
For me going after people like al sadr might do 2 things, either stop some of this violence of make more violence. But one thing it would show he got out of control and was taken out.
I look at places like that slum in sadr city as a breeding ground for terror, get rid of it. Secure Bagdad and secure the borders and that includes all border and quit picking and choosing areas in iraq to work in. I believe that is the pentagon with help of politics that makes that deal go round and round. The country needs to be secured.

Once the Police, military,and government can stand on their own - we leave

Even with the attacks and threats, more and more mena and women turn out to sign up

Once the Police, military,and government can stand on their own - we leave

Even with the attacks and threats, more and more mena and women turn out to sign up

good theory and that would be the idea. I guess we got lost in this vietnam face saving mission.
Yes many of the bad peoples killed in iraq so far was a awesome move, but after we got saddam maybe we should have throttled back and used the mission complete statement then I mean we ousted him and that was the goal.
I'm mixed right now and it is because of the media and politics had those not been so much of the key this whole time I believe I could have digested things better.

good theory and that would be the idea. I guess we got lost in this vietnam face saving mission.
Yes many of the bad peoples killed in iraq so far was a awesome move, but after we got saddam maybe we should have throttled back and used the mission complete statement then I mean we ousted him and that was the goal.
I'm mixed right now and it is because of the media and politics had those not been so much of the key this whole time I believe I could have digested things better.

Have mistakes been made? You bet

The biggest mistake is doing what the Dems want to do - surrender

Have mistakes been made? You bet

The biggest mistake is doing what the Dems want to do - surrender

agreed! to many reins over control and how to achieve success.
I have a lot of heartburn over media speed bumps like Abu Grab scandal. The answer should have been everyone from the general(s) all the way down including the CIA folks should have been fired.....no retirements or benefits all the way down the chain. This would have shown the world that not only was the military serious about stupidity with photos being leaked out from private numbnutts bragging rights collection. But that it was accountable. Many may say how about rummy on this deal? I know without the CIA and the Intel gathered it would have made things more difficult. But that deal alone cost us a lot of cool points on the ground.
That jackass who threw a grenade into the offices tent before the war started should have been hung within 30 days of that innocent again good order and discipline in the ranks and all hands would have gotten the message very clearly: you fuck around you get messed up and pay dearly for the mistake. It is war time and the military didn't stand behind these rules of war time with regards to discipline.

agreed! to many reins over control and how to achieve success.
I have a lot of heartburn over media speed bumps like Abu Grab scandal. The answer should have been everyone from the general(s) all the way down including the CIA folks should have been fired.....no retirements or benefits all the way down the chain. This would have shown the world that not only was the military serious about stupidity with photos being leaked out from private numbnutts bragging rights collection. But that it was accountable. Many may say how about rummy on this deal? I know without the CIA and the Intel gathered it would have made things more difficult. But that deal alone cost us a lot of cool points on the ground.
That jackass who threw a grenade into the offices tent before the war started should have been hung within 30 days of that innocent again good order and discipline in the ranks and all hands would have gotten the message very clearly: you fuck around you get messed up and pay dearly for the mistake. It is war time and the military didn't stand behind these rules of war time with regards to discipline.

The liberal media has done all they can to undermine the troops, the war, and the administration

Where is MM? I guess he wants nothing to do with this thread

The letter from Cpl Rock is dead-on, direct from the source. Pretty tough to argue that this is a concise, accurate and justified reprimand.

I wonder if the pro surrender Dems will try

I have 2 friends over in Iraq right now, one is in the Army and a E-7 the other a Marine E-9 these guys are upper enlisted management and it is a job, but the training is paying off and it is good to know we can reduce the numbers of troops getting iced by training them correctly.
No-doubt the liberal media has made millions on this caper! Maine might chime in and he may give a different view form a officers prospective and that might be a good thing.

I have 2 friends over in Iraq right now, one is in the Army and a E-7 the other a Marine E-9 these guys are upper enlisted management and it is a job, but the training is paying off and it is good to know we can reduce the numbers of troops getting iced by training them correctly.
No-doubt the liberal media has made millions on this caper! Maine might chime in and he may give a different view form a officers prospective and that might be a good thing.

With the NY Times publishing classified info and falling circulation - they should offer bulk rates to terrorist trainign camps

It would make money for the Times and make the job of terrorists easier

a win - win for both

I am impressed by the altruism showed by this corporal Rock.... I am quite certain that there are many people in Iraq who believe that our presence there provides them with a measure of safety and comfort that their own government is unable or unwilling to provide.

American foreign policy ought not to be developed or implemented based upon the altruism or enlisted members of our armed forces nor upon the security and comfort level of civilians in the country of Iraq.

I believe that american foreign policy ought to always be predicated on what is best for to ensure the long term safety and security and prosperity of AMERICAN citizens.

The Iraq war does not do that.

sorry.

And that explanation is correct based upon foreign policy.
Had they frenchies and the Germans got into this fight the outlook would have been different but we all knew they invested a lot of money in iraq prior to the war. The spin on the Enlisted person goes in line with the worker pushing on. But in many cases even officers who aren't in the rear with the gear have similar feelings

and speaking from experience, folks in uniform - be they officer or enlisted - have NO expectation nor reason to have any expectation that their "feelings" should or will be the basis for American foreign policy.

Frankly speaking...I could give a FUCK if every single American in uniform on the ground in Iraq thought that their mission was worth fighting and dying for.... their opinions about American foreign policy are irrelevant. Theirs is to do what they are told to do....NOT to determine what it is that they will do.

Civilian control of the military is one of the cornerstones of our democracy and the main reason we have never had a military coup.

Forum List

Back