Bush Declines Obama's Invitation to Ground Zero

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?
A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

Can people not fucking read? I am NOT talking about vacations, and in fact never said vacations. I said flying. The motherfucker is off on some junket at least once a month. There is no need for it, at least half of the shit he flies off for could be handled from the White House.

January 11, 2010

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

To the right wing, "facts" are a liberal conspiracy.

January 11, 2010

Please.

Don't confuse the issue with facts.

Facts are stubborn things.
Ronald Reagan

They don't like 'em.

January 11, 2010

Can people not fucking read? I am NOT talking about vacations, and in fact never said vacations. I said flying. The motherfucker is off on some junket at least once a month. There is no need for it, at least half of the shit he flies off for could be handled from the White House.

Are you saying he's traveling more then any other President in history?

Maybe not President Chester Arthur..:lol:

January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

Please.

Ronald Reagan

They don't like 'em.

It doesn't surprise me that either of these dummies either can't read or are too dishonest to distinguish between vacation and travel.

January 11, 2010

Please.

Ronald Reagan

They don't like 'em.

It doesn't surprise me that either of these dummies either can't read or are too dishonest to distinguish between vacation and travel.

You remind me of Conhog....:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Can't blame Bush at all. I'm pretty picky about who I hang around with too.

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

Bush did not let bin Laden go. And he pretty much was not a big concern.

The only reason Obama "got" bin laden is that he happened to be in office when the CIA found out where he was hiding. Obama had nothing to do with it. Nothing.

If anything, Bush deserves the credit because of the intel we got by interrogating those Muslim animals at Guantanamo - a policy Obama explicitly denounced.

first post, might as well make it a good one.

If you think Obama had nothing to do with killing Bin Laden, then is it safe to say you also think Bin Laden had nothing to do with 9-11? After all, neither were present when it happened, right?

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

The only reason Obama "got" bin laden is that he happened to be in office when the CIA found out where he was hiding. Obama had nothing to do with it. Nothing.

If anything, Bush deserves the credit because of the intel we got by interrogating those Muslim animals at Guantanamo - a policy Obama explicitly denounced.

Donald Rumsfeld said the intel didn't come from torture. Donald Rumsfeld. Remember him?

Bush said he didn't think about Bin Laden. He truly wasn't "concerned" about him. And, in 2006, Bush disbanded the CIA commission that was set up to find Bin Laden.

Only an idiot moron, such as yourself, can see all the facts, right in front of his face, and come to the opposite conclusion. Unless you are saying Bush is a liar? On that we can agree.

Please.

They don't like 'em.

You remind me of Conhog....:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Kiss ass turd. At least come up with some kind of something besides attacks. At least I use links and facts. What are you doing? Are you stalking me? Weirdo.

Donald Rumsfeld said the intel didn't come from torture. Donald Rumsfeld. Remember him?

Bush said he didn't think about Bin Laden. He truly wasn't "concerned" about him. And, in 2006, Bush disbanded the CIA commission that was set up to find Bin Laden.

Only an idiot moron, such as yourself, can see all the facts, right in front of his face, and come to the opposite conclusion. Unless you are saying Bush is a liar? On that we can agree.

Wait, if you're saying Bush is a liar, and I'm not arguing that he isn't. All politicians are, something I bet you wouldn't acknowledge as it concerns a certain party, then why do you INSIST that Bush was being honest when he said he didn't think about UBL?

January 11, 2010

Please.

Ronald Reagan

They don't like 'em.

Has President Obama travelled more then previous Presidents..say during Modern Times?

Pretty sure..but not completely sure..he travelled more then you fave..President Chester Arthur..:lol:

Wait, if you're saying Bush is a liar, and I'm not arguing that he isn't. All politicians are, something I bet you wouldn't acknowledge as it concerns a certain party, then why do you INSIST that Bush was being honest when he said he didn't think about UBL?

I try to take Republicans at their word. But it's so hard. Because their word is "worthless". Isn't that what you're suggesting?

Please.

They don't like 'em.

Has President Obama travelled more then previous Presidents..say during Modern Times?

Pretty sure..but not completely sure..he travelled more then you fave..President Chester Arthur..:lol:

LOL

Teddy Roosevelt is my favorite President.

This is not "Obama's victory". It is not "Bush's victory" either. This is AMERICA'S victory, and victory for the professionals of the CIA, and the U.S. military, who kept pursuing this thug until they finally ran him to ground, and delivered American justice to him.

BUsh is staying away because he knows this; Obama would rather seek personal glory from it; how typical of an egomaniacal elitist whose respect (or lack of it) for America's military professionals is such, that he cannot even bring himself to properly stand at attention and salute at ceremonies at Arlington!

IF Obama had an ounce of humility in him, he might say something like this:

My fellow Americans, I join with you today in celebrating the fact that America has finally delivered justice to the architect of this tragedy. I am pleased that this occurred on my watch, but, while I issued the order to carry out this mission, I cannot take credit for the result, or the efforts which led to our obtaining the actionable intelligence necessary for its success. The people I and you should thank today, are the men and women of our intelligence services and our military forces. Most of those who have been directly involved in the long, dedicated, relentless pursuit of Osama Bin Ladin must remain anonymous. They cannot be here with us to accept our thanks. These men and women, quiet professionals, labor in obscurity, forsaking glory and the spotlight, to keep America safe. Some have given their lives, sometimes without even their families knowing the true nature of their sacrifice; but I know, and I am deeply moved and appreciative of their service.

Today represents one more victory in our long, continuing struggle against terrorism, one which may well continue for some time to come. Let us all rededicate ourselves to the battle, in the spirit of those selfless heroes, who can never receive the personal credit and accolades they deserve, but content themselves with the knowledge that they made this day possible. This is their victory, this is their day, and on behalf of a grateful nation, I thank them. God bless them all, and may God continue to bless the United States of America.

Those words may never come out of Obama's (or any other politician's) mouth, but they damn well ought to.

Last edited:

I try to take Republicans at their word. But it's so hard. Because their word is "worthless". Isn't that what you're suggesting?

You're a disgusting human being. Can you at any time, in anyway, leave your partisanship out of a post? ALL politicians are liars PERIOD. That's not even debatable.

POLITICO Forums:Whiteboard: 05/03/2011 @ 08:17 PM - POLITICO.com

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

the president did the right thing inviting bush. bush did the right thing saying no. it isn't his victory. bush standing next to the president would just emphasize how bush blew it at tora bora.

Give it a frilken rest will you? Bush declined because Obama is the President now ok? Say what you want about Bush, but he does have enough class to let Obama be the president you can't see beyond your hatred for Bush and yes it was good of Obama to invite him. I thought you could let this go without the stupid hate Bush crap. :eusa_eh:

Obama still trying to score political points from playing the Osama Card....sick sick sick.

People will ask, "Do I still have to go through ariport security? Will gas go back under $2 a gallon?"

Forum List

Back