Bush and Officials Lied leading up to Iraq war

Murtha out right LIED about Marines for the sole purpose of winning what he thought would be great political points. That you think he is a great man is simply proof of your partisan antics.

Cleland was defeated in a fair election by someone the people of his district believed would better represent THEIR opinions. That is HOW our Government works. Then his buddies ( I do not think he did it) cried about how poor disabled Cleland was cheated. Personally I think his pesonal behavior, not his opinions or political stance, were a class act. You sully that by your whining.

Murtha out right LIED about Marines for the sole purpose of winning what he thought would be great political points. That you think he is a great man is simply proof of your partisan antics.

Cleland was defeated in a fair election by someone the people of his district believed would better represent THEIR opinions. That is HOW our Government works. Then his buddies ( I do not think he did it) cried about how poor disabled Cleland was cheated. Personally I think his pesonal behavior, not his opinions or political stance, were a class act. You sully that by your whining.

Murtha did not lie. What he said, turned out to be inaccurate, but he did not know it was inaccurate at the time he said it.

Cleland didn't have a "district". Did you fail civics?

So you think that comparing a disabled american veteran to osama bin laden is perfectly acceptable campaigning? nice touch.

So this means Bush didn't lie, either. Right?

no. Bush knew that there was not absolute certainty about Saddam's WMD stockpiles, yet he and his team continually asserted that there was. That is a lie.

apples and oranges, sweetie.:rofl:

Murtha did not lie. What he said, turned out to be inaccurate, but he did not know it was inaccurate at the time he said it.

So you think that comparing a disabled american veteran to osama bin laden is perfectly acceptable campaigning? nice touch.

So Murtha did not lie but Bush did? Got ya.

Murtha was mistaken, but Bush was the only person on Capitol Hill who was lying when he said Saddam had WMDs.

This administration controlled the information that was "fed" to congress. The term "Cherry picked" has been used quite often.

Sorry about that Sarg...

Except the current admin did not provide ANY information to anyone in 1998 AND the President has no power and no ability to decided what information Congress receives. Just minor points I am sure.

Here, check this out...Saddam intentionally misled everyone about the WMDs...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/24/60minutes/main3749494.shtml

CBS) Saddam Hussein initially didn't think the U.S. would invade Iraq to destroy weapons of mass destruction, so he kept the fact that he had none a secret to prevent an Iranian invasion he believed could happen. The Iraqi dictator revealed this thinking to George Piro, the FBI agent assigned to interrogate him after his capture.

And more:

Saddam still wouldn't admit he had no weapons of mass destruction, even when it was obvious there would be military action against him because of the perception he did. Because, says Piro, "For him, it was critical that he was seen as still the strong, defiant Saddam. He thought that [faking having the weapons] would prevent the Iranians from reinvading Iraq," he tells Pelley.

Hey, but Bush was lying when he told us he believed there were WMD.

Yeah....democrats make inaccurate claims, Republicans lie....
what a clown.....you can't even the disguise the fact you're a hack

While you obviously found it perfectly acceptable to compare our brave troops serving as guards in Gitmo to Nazies , ala Sen. Durban...
again the clown comes through...

no. Bush knew that there was not absolute certainty about Saddam's WMD stockpiles, yet he and his team continually asserted that there was. That is a lie.

apples and oranges, sweetie.:rofl:

How do you know what Bush knew or didn't know,
or what he believed or didn't believe,
or what he thought was fact or not fact....

You think you have some physic power to know what other people believe?
You KNOW bullshit...thats about what you KNOW....

Except the current admin did not provide ANY information to anyone in 1998 AND the President has no power and no ability to decided what information Congress receives. Just minor points I am sure.

Right on.....these knotheads just ignore what the Dims were saying about Saddam throughout the 90's and well into 2003.....

when Bush says the same thing, suddenly hes a liar... and "fooling" the poor dumb Dims.....

Cleland was a representative, as I recall, thus he had a US District. Now if he were a Senator I would be wrong. But as I recall he was a Representative. Sorry if I am wrong. I suggest you learn about our Government and how it works, maybe you can get Jillian to learn about the Constitution while your at it.

Cleland was a representative, as I recall, thus he had a US District. Now if he were a Senator I would be wrong. But as I recall he was a Representative. Sorry if I am wrong. I suggest you learn about our Government and how it works, maybe you can get Jillian to learn about the Constitution while your at it.

Cleland was a senator. moron.

he succeeded Sam Nunn and was beaten by Saxby Chambliss.

take a fucking civics course...idiot.

Please remove yourself, or refrain, from ever commenting in any political threads henceforth.

Everyone who has even a modest amount of interest and knowledge about politics, knows that Senator Max Cleland served in the US Senate.

Please remove yourself, or refrain, from ever commenting in any political threads henceforth.

Everyone who has even a modest amount of interest and knowledge about politics, knows that Senator Max Cleland served in the US Senate.

bingo. a moron in a gunny sergeant's uniform!

Sure thing, MORON, this from a retard that keeps making ignorant statements about what this administration has or has not done. You and Maineman need to learn the English lanaguage, the US political structure and how to comprehend evidence, facts and knowledge.

The two of you are about as stupid as they get when it comes to telling others what to talk about.

Forum List

Back